skinning of the bg88Ti

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kwun, Jul 1, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have been using the bg88ti as of late, i have been liking this string a lot. recently, i've found that the bg88ti's coating wears out quicker than the core. looking at the attached image, i have two rackets with the same worn and torn outer coating, even though they have been like that for weeks, the core is still holding up ok. any other bg88Ti users have similar experience?

Attached Files:

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, I had the same experience! The core should last four to five sessions depending on the original string tension. Just before the main or cross snaps, you will feel a slow loosening of tension - it's as though the string doesn't want to give up! The first batch of BG-88 Ti lasted 24 hours of badminton play at 30 pounds. ;)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    PLSD,

thanks. glad to know that i am not alone. it is a great string though. awesome control. i was worried because i am gonna be playing two days' worth of tournaments. my SX and one of my SS has the frayed bg88ti. my other SS has a purple bg85 which is slippery and not too worn in.

4. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day,

THAT picture looks like all my rackets strung with BG80 / BG85. The outer layer always fray and strips away well before the center core snaps. You could actually peel the outer layer away and have a really, really springy string, but it won't last.

5. Chu Pa

Chu Pa Regular Member

Yep...

I'm using BG88Ti also and have experienced that fraying too. The string frays but is very stubborn and doesn't want to snap. The tension does drop a little but performance wise isn't affected. Definitely, the string of choice for me now. Durable and good control.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    after 2+ weeks. one of them finally gave in and snapped. i certainly enjoyed it while it lasted. now i need to beg on the street to gather enough funds for the replacement.

7. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Oh rubbish Kwun, all you have to do is ask each and every member from badminton forum to donate 1 cent to you and you should be able to afford BG88Ti again! ;)

How and where you going to get your hands on BG88Ti, is a whole new matter however.....:)