Racket Recommendation????

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by krazi_boi, Oct 23, 2008.

1. krazi_boi

krazi_boi Regular Member

hi.... this is my first time posting here... so... lemme briefly introduce myself.

I live in Canada BC and i consider myself as a noobie.
    I can do the clears which... can go from backcourt to backcourt, normal drop shots at the net... and normal hits thats basically it. and... i think my reactions kinda slow...
    I've been playing for 2 years and in past probably but wasn't good at it at all back then? but haven't touch badminton for like 5 years untill recently. Recently i'm actually trying to train my badminton skills so i'm planning to buy a new racket, since currently i'm playing with something thats like 5 years old thats a heavy crappy racket that you can buy at like sportsmark or sportschek back then. I'm looking more into the 5U racket and leanning towards Kason carvel U3 but was wondering if theres a better racket to buy???? and is there any info on kason spry S8 or S7??
    and... anyone know where i can get these racket in canada? if not... i was looking to order it from bbesports but.... currently... the rackets like 30 bux and the shipping is 30 bux... which is still pretty cheap but... yea... the shipping is like the racket.
    Oh yea... i was also wanting to try black knight photon xl too but... i think its a rather advance and expensive racket for a noob like me ^_^

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

if you are returning to the game, why use a 5u racket?
    why not look at your local cantire, which, from what i have heard, sellls some rackets for very low prices, such as the carlton powerblade superlite, which is a 4uracket

however, if adamant, look for a friend or local dealer who can get you a carvel.
    if none can, go buy it from bbeshop.

3. krazi_boi

krazi_boi Regular Member

hmmmm I never thought about seeing if a local dealer can help me..... But isn't it just the same as me ordering it myself???

Cantire???? What do u mean by that???? U don't possibly mean Canadian tire????

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I dont?:confused:
    i heard Optiblue say that its really cheap to get Powerblades from Canadian tire.... of course, i could be dyslexic, not to be offensive.

don't hate optiblue, in case i am wrong....:eek:

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

and no, getting it through a local dealer has no shipping, go figure........
    however, prices may be inflated. For instance, the local kason dealer in the bay area sells TSF 98's for $100 a peice, but i could get some from BBE shop for 68 and a little more for shipping....

6. krazi_boi

krazi_boi Regular Member

hmmmm i guess i'll go try talking to them...
    but i don't remember any dealer doing anything with kason... since... i haven't even seen a kason racket around....

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

oh
    if you know there aren't any Kason dealers in the area, then you probably should look into shipping. also, be sure about your choice, because you do not have any leeway, you can only experience it once you have received it.

8. krazi_boi

krazi_boi Regular Member

well... its basicallly base on dinkalots racket review.... which was last years...
    i was looking into the 5U and... thats the only one he recommend...
    i also read abit and nth bad is said... besides lack of power... but... i can makeup the power myself i think so... it should be fine :)

9. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
  10. krazi_boi

krazi_boi Regular Member

hmmmm is there... anyone who tried these rackets????
    and price difference is abit....
    if i were to get a RSL X2 FP... then might as well go for black knight photo XL, it'll be only 40 dollars difference max? and i can find it with local dealers