Denmark Open 2008 Semifinal (25/10/2008)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by abesadi, Oct 24, 2008.

1. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    INA have 3 pair in semifinal!

MD: Kido/Hendra vs Cai Yun/Xu Chen : china pair should be dangerous this time but im sure our olympic champion can go to the final tomorrow.

WD
    Greys/Nitya vs Eei Hui/Pei Ty : Tough match but i think greys/nitya can fight againts this mas pair..
    Jo/Rani vs Yao/Judith : maybe 50:50 to Jo/Rani..

Best luck to all ina shuttler!

Semangat!

Hope in WD we can make all indonesian final, hehe.. amin..

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The full SF line up of the 2008 Denmark Super Series:

The withdrawals have certainly had an effect, but it is pretty normal post OG after retirements & top players less concerned about ranking giving younger/experimental/lesser players a chance to have a good run and improve ranking.

Especially good results for Wacha, Judith/Yao & the XD pairs....It is a super series SF after all.

Mixed Doubles:

Blair/Bankier vs Laybourn/Rhytter-Juhl

Joachim Nielsen/Christinna Pederson vs David Lindley/Suzanne Rayapann

Mens Doubles:

FHF/Shen Ye vs JR/LP

MK/HS vs CY/Chen Xu

Womens Doubles:

Nitya Maheswari/Greysia Polii vs Chin/Wong

Rani Mundiasti/Jo Novita vs Judith Meulendijks/Yao Jie

Womens Singles:

Wang Lin vs Tine Rasmussen

Zhou Mi vs Lu Lan

Mens Singles:

KJ vs PG

Wacha vs Persson

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^When looking at the XD Semifinalists..^^

..i wonder if Hau-ge is saying to himself, "See, Rayappan would've been a better partner for Nathan. Look at her, she's in the SF round and Wallwork (and Nathan) have been ousted"...;)

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Blair & Bankier (Whom NR/Wallwork lost to) have been playing together for a while now and Blair is a solid world level player and bankier is very talented. This was NR/Wallworks first tournament together and NR first tournament without Emms for at least 5 years. They were bound to be limited this time round.

Having said that I do not think they will reach anywhere near the heights NR/GE reached.

5. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    all the best to wong pei tty and chin eei hui ....

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    [1] vs Cai Yun/Shen Ye -- a tricky match for Kido/Hendra, but, they still have an edge over the CHN pair.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii
    vs Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui [4] -- a great chance for Nitya/Grace to enter the Final for the first time and hopefully win their first SS title. The MAS pair has an edge, but, Nitya/Grace have the power!

Rani Mundiasti/Jo Novita vs Judith Meulendijks/Yao Jie -- likewise, Rani/Jo have a chance to enter another Final and make it an all-INA Final. Their experience in double should power them through.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I have not got a chance to see Nathan/Jenny...hopefullu this week at Paris Open........just bought my tickets yesterday after my meeting is confirmed...

8. sarita

sarita Regular Member

student
    Nitya/Grace VS Mas - I think genit pair should be able to go in to the final, there should be no difficulties for them. 70:30 for ina pair!
    Kido/Hendra Vs Cai yun/chenxu - I am 95% sure that our olympic champion will get into the final and win the SS title. 90:10 for ina pair!
    Jo/Rani Vs Yao/Judith - Ina pair should go to the final and create an ina final, and i think novita's experience should be good for rani's training. 60:40 for ina pair!

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You should come to Paris Open ....:Dit is less than 2 hrs from London to Paris...join us from friday onward......

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so you are on the way to Paris, eh??
    so good:p

11. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    all the best for Ina's players!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..meeting or no meeting, nothin' is stoppin' our Hau-ge from attending the French Open SS. Esp. with that big party, which will be hosted by badzine, looming...;)
    ..Sir jamesd20 is bound to write to Hau-ge "And where are my tickets??"..[​IMG]

*Hau-ge, are you flying back to L.A., straight from Paris or going back to HK first??..

#12 ctjcad, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

DEN players do well at their home SS due to several top-names absence, all-Danish-final should be wide open in MS and XD. And Tine also has bright prospect to win her 4th title here after MAS, All England and SIN Super Series.

14. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

home ground advantages.........

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Please let's not take anything away from an all-European MS and XD SF and Finals.If the top ranked MS and XD opted out of a tournament, it means they are not in their best form to win the title.
    That is probably why they chose not to play.If LCW,LD and BCL were to play here now in their less-than-total match preparations conditions,there's no sure thing they can even reach SF.You can see this in CJ's loss to Sony in CM08 and to PG here, top players he had always beaten.CJ needs to prepare at least 120% to take out a top MS and can lose to a young gun or a tier 2 player he has no preparations for.
    No matter how superior in rank or skills,there is no substitute for match preparations if the goal is to win a title.
    The other note is that the European XDs are at the stage of continued progress whereas the top Asian XDs have reached their limit and are at the maintenance level to delay their stage of decline.So my guess is the European XDs will start to own the event in the future provided they continue to have the support to build up their experience.My bet is on the young? DEN XD, Fischer/Pedersen? to shine.Though they have not won a title yet, their progress has been tremendous with each tournament opportunity, indicating an incredible mix of sheer talent(and chemistry), like LCW (forging ahead in his lone ranger style.)
    It's such a delightful surprise to come back to this ALL-EUROPEAN outcome in MS and XD.Congratulations ,Europe!Hopefully they have more opportunities to develop.Should they have the kind of support and funding matching what Asian teams get, I'm confident European players will be the ones to watch and sparkle in OG2012.

16. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

thankfully the SF matches will be start sooner than qf yesterday........

17. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

hmm..interesting and thorough anlysis.....:)

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I will flying from Paris to LA.......as long as James is willing to Paris...if I cant get it...our Badzine will get it for him...........;)

19. jam_girl

jam_girl Regular Member

student
    hey...whats the score now?
    ??

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    You were 3/5 on QF and 5/8 on R16.

For today's SF, I think you just underestimate your opponents especially in WD and you'll be disappointed by that. I won't be too surprised if all 3 predictions go the other way round. ;)