Recommendation for my new racket choice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Fu-Tu, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Fu-Tu

Fu-Tu Regular Member

Hi there, after some search I found this useful site. I hope you lot can help me with my choice for a new racket. Because this week I broke my Victor Tribok racket, so I need a new one.

Could you guys recommend me a racket that suits my style of play?

--> I think I'm an allround (defensive) type of player. My clears are not allways as good: they are too short sometimes, but that goes better & better the last couple of months. I often drop from the back of the court and my smashes are not destroying hard, not bad but it's not a real weapon from me. That's the reason why I try to create the ideal smashing opportunity with some clears & drops.

I tend to play a lot of doubles as well, and I have to smash a lot there of course. Though, my singles play is the priority.

I'm a C2 player, 20 years old and I'm looking for a racket between 80 & 115 euro's....

I hope you can help me!
    Thx!

2. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Maybe Yonex Arc Saber 7 or 10, or AT900-T

3. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I second the AT900T or maybe the nanospeed 9000s.

4. Fu-Tu

Fu-Tu Regular Member

Some other recommended me the "SOTX Woven 9" (or Woven 8) or the Yonex Nanospeed 5000/Nanospeed 6000.

What do you think about those ones??

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The SOTX wovens are superb. I would wholeheartedly recommend them. The nanospeed 6000 looks very nice but I've never played with it so I couldn't really comment on it (other than it looks gorgeous). The Arcsaber 10 is a good racket too; currently my weapon of choice.

6. Fu-Tu

Fu-Tu Regular Member

The Arcsaber is a bit too expensive for me. Thought about the Arcsaber 7 aswell, but would like somthing cheaper around the 90-105 euros mark.

You already played with the SOTX Woven 9? How does it feel? For defensive or attacking play etc?

7. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    @fu-tu
    If your budget is more high then at900t is best choice but for compare you can consider Yonex Ti-10 also....very good for smashing and acceptable for defense. Price is not as high as At900 or Arc10/7....the best value Yonex racket :D
    Also consider other brand like Carlton Powerblade 9902....too many to mention here and you should try by yourself to find the right one ....happy hunting

8. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

Woven 9 is for attacking play. Slightly heavy headed and very good for smashing. While Woven 8 is more off a all-rounder good for defense and attack as well. My preference at this stage is Woven 8 as I can defend better with it.