first time stiff - high tension user

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tranqq, Oct 25, 2008.

1. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

I'm new to these forums (hi :) ) and i was wondering if i could get some racquet suggestions. i'm about 5"6, i play singles and doubles. when i'm playing doubles i like to work in the back smashing and dropping. I'm probably considered a smash player, but i love playing singles and like to use finesse. right now i'm using a medium to high flex racquet, strung at about 23 (pounds?) and i'm looking to get a new Stiff racquet and possible work my way up to tighter tensions. I would prefer a victor racquet since they most support my club and they are easiest to order, but i'm open to any brand. price not really an issue but the cheaper the better. as far as weight, lighter is better because i my elbow isnt in the best shape ( i know high tension can cause more strain to arm) not sure how to approach higher tensions, any help would be great,

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Not too sure if it is available in your part of the world, but the Victor Brave Sword 08 is good, just had a game with it and excellent racquet for smashing.

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The SOTX woven range are good. You can find them in this link http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/Rackets.htm. They have a woven to suit all budgets (they start at £45 but go up to at least £130). I would recommend that you go for the Woven 4L. It'll take tensions up to 28 lbs within warranty and is suited to attacking players.

4. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

thanks for the suggestions dan, but on second thought i think i'd like to stick to a company i'm familiar with, or at least one that deals in my area (canada)

5. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

also, i'm looking at the armortec 900p and arcsaber 10 on this website, and the recommended stringing tensions is between 19-24 lbs, is that right? i expected a lot higher

6. globenstein

globenstein Regular Member

McGill student
    Easy to get in Canada are Black Knight rackets. The new series (Radon, Xenon, Krypton XL) are supposed to be real stiff and made for high tensions. The trouble is they're pretty expensive (200$+)...

I never played with them myself but smash_master did a review:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59405