My Review: Yonex ArcSaber 9 vs. Ti-10 (3rd Gen.)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by magiadam, Oct 25, 2008.

1. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

Well, here's my review between the two rackets. Both are 3UG4 and both are strung exactly at 24/22 lbs with Yonex BG-80.

Power: Surprisingly, the Ti-10 does not generate as much power as I thought it did; since I heard a lot of good reviews of power from the second generation. The ArcSaber's power is indescribable. I can literally "clear effortlessly". I can't explain. The ArcSaber is similar to the Nanospeed 9000S, which helps you generate a lot of effortless power.
    I will say that when it comes to snapping my wrist (my backhand clears), I was able to generate more power from the Ti-10 than the ArcSaber; weird.

Control: Maybe it could be a poor stringing job, but the Ti-10, for some odd weird reason, had no control. I'd aim for the side lines and they were all in the doubles area. Maybe 24/22 isn't right for the Ti-10. On another note, the ArcSaber's control was almost perfect.

Feel: Both rackets felt awesome but I'd have to lean towards the ArcSaber (maybe due to the fact that it gave me more power). But after many rallies, I've realized that the ArcSaber gives slightly more repulsion than the Ti-10 (maybe due to more technology).
    Swing weight was great for both of them.

So at the current moment, my main racket is a pink racket, and my back-up is a purple racket, and yes, and I am a man.
    I don't know if I've left anything out. But if you'd like to know more info, just ask :)

#1 magiadam, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

where do u play? ^^ i dont see any guys whacking around with a pink racket ^^

3. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

Hah. I play at the LaurenHill Campus in Saint-Laurent and at Dawson College :)

4. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

ur part of the Dawson team? u must train under Da Qing then ^^

5. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

Yes I am. He's still coaching as of today.
    How do you know him?

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Glad to hear you like the Arc 9. I've tried the 7 and 10 and didn't think much of them. Other reviews are coming in and many have refered to the Arc 9 as the new Ns9000S as well. Mine still in my closet as I haven't gotten over the pink factor yet, but maybe I'll give that one a try! I hope it can take 32x35.2lbs!

7. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

one more point for u guys
    FRAGILITY : ti10 is really a fragile racket.. after a single clash to an arc10.. it breaks in 2pcs.. cracks at 4 & 8 o'clock :p