Where to buy a stringing machine in Singapore.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by derekcai, Oct 27, 2008.

1. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

I am intrested in getting a stringing machine and would like to know where and how much can i get it at, is my only option to ship it from overseas or is there any place i can get it in singapore. I would think i would get a crank pull machine, but it depends on the price. Yes, money is an option so if there are any brands that give the best bang for buck i appreciate it if any specific brands could be named.

2. hellojeffo

hellojeffo Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hi derek,
    I personally bought my machine from HK thru shipping, it's an Eagnas... Which most people in the Tennis stringing fraternity dislike, because of the supposedly poor quality. But my machine has served me very well all this while, nearly 1 year. I've strung many tennis, squash and badminton racquets...

Cranks are expensive compared to dropweights. And IMO, Eagnas is pretty 'bangy for the buck'..

It also depends if u are going for business, or just for personal stringing...

3. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

Hi, i am getting a machine for my own personal stringing and maybe some friends just to cover the cost of the machine. How much was your machine? Which is has higher chances of accidents happening, breaking of racket or string, crank pull or drop weghts?

4. chen0019

chen0019 Regular Member

I think the current available stringing machines in SG are the more expensive type. You can see a lot of shops in Queensway is using Pacific, which is around 6K SGD.

5. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    the apacs electronic is about 3k plusif i'm not wrong
    but i'm not sure where to get it, cos i hear the price from some shops.

6. chen0019

chen0019 Regular Member

3k still too expensive for personal use

7. hellojeffo

hellojeffo Regular Member

Undergrad
    Personally, if you string properly the risks are all very low, but if you're sloppy with the job, any machine, and you can risk breaking the racquet.

It depends on the mounting more actually, when it comes to breaking, not that much on the pulling mechanism.

BTW, i bought the machine for around SGD 300...but with upgrade of tools like clamps and stuff, came up to around SGD460