French Open SS 2008-Semifinal (1/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008' started by nunu27, Oct 31, 2008.

1. nunu27

nunu27 Regular Member

Semifinal is here...
    will be very interesting!!!
    here are the list of the semifinalists:
    here wil start at 2.00 pm France time..
    (better today.. it's earlier..:):) can see the match till finish, then..:):))
    1. Markis KIdo/Hendra Setiawan [INA/1] vs Kien Keat Koo/Boon Heong Tan [MAS/3]
    2. Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir [INA/1] vsAnthony Clark/Donna Kellog [ENG/4]
    3. Chong Wei Lee [MAS/1] vs Taufik Hidayat [INA/7]
    4. Tine Rasmussen [DEN/4] vs Xingfang Xie [CHN/2]
    5. Peter Hoeg Gade [Den/8] vs Kenneth Jonassen [Den]

below will start at 2.15 pm
    1. Jing Du/Yang Yu [CHN/1] vs Shu Cheng/Yunlei ZHao[CHN/5]
    2. Eei Hui Chin/Pei Tty Wong [MAS/4] vs Yawen Zhang/Tingting Zhao [CHN/6]
    3. Yun Cai/Chen Xu [CHN/6] vs Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen [2]
    4. Lan Lu [CHN/1] vs Lin Wang [CHN]
    5. Kien Keat Koo/Pei Tty Wong [MAS] vs Hanbin He/Yang Yu [CHN/2]

will be a tough game!!
    hope INA players will go through final..it's hard, but do your best!!

another hope is "abedeng" will be our reporter live from "LIVESCORE TOURNAMENT" again...:D:D;).. just like yesterday...:) very cool..
    OK guys.. see you later today!!!

2. smashingmark

smashingmark Regular Member

I smell revenge!! Let's see if Chong Wei's mental training with Fredricks is taking effect :p I think Chong Wei has the upper hand as Taufik has played his past 2 games in 3 sets... Go Taufik!!!

As for the men's doubles.. Markis Kido/Hendra looks solid as a rock and lets see how the Malaysian pair does againts them.. I think this will be the last few times the Malaysians will play as a pair.. Well I have a feeling Rexy wants them to split..

3. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Woah! Peter impressed me, beat Chen Jin in two sets.

Peter will play Kenneth AGAIN! Feel sorry for the two guys especially Kenneth who always seem to be behind Peter. Hope he wins this one. All Danish play out, will be good to watch.

Joachim was so close.. but I guess Tafuik proved me wrong, he still has the old Taufik inside. He will have a tough game against LCW.

4. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

wow I think this is the 1st time MAS had so many representatives in the semi for SS - MS, MD, WD, XD

5. bradja23

bradja23 Regular Member

Student
    Peter was fantastic today. Very hard match for Kenneth...
    Taufik has a chance vs LCW. Yi Lu was really excellent but LCW has had troubles of concentration, too much back hands in the net.
    Hope LL-Lin Wang won't be fixed.
    Very interesting MD ! I think MAS pairs can make someting vs Kido-Setiawan.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    uncle...u mean in each event kah???:confused:...

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES SF
    Lee Chong Wei [1] vs Taufik Hidayat [7] -- under normal circumstances, LCW should take this one. However, Taufik has shown that he still has the appetite for the big matches. LCW has a slight edge.

MEN'S DOUBLES SF
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [1] vs Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong [3] -- this will be the first time these 2 pairs meet after the Olympics QF match....the key to winning will be who can control the net. Koo needs to show that as long as he performed his best, he can beat can pair. Therefore, I will not be surprised if Kido/Hendra were to lose to Koo/Tan yet again :eek:

MIXED DOUBLES SF
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir
    [1] vs Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg [4] -- a tricky test for the World Champions...I hope they pull through.

8. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

was very surprise to see the score between cai yun and fu hai feng...fu hai feng was the finalist for MD in denmark open, but then lose tamely to cai yun...?possible heh?..anyway,am dying to see koo/tan in final of SS,been almost a year since they reached final in SS..huhu...but somehow..i think their journey ends tonight.....huhu...koo/tan...please prove me wrong!!!!

#8 cute_tbh, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  9. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Man, your hunch is right on about Maria.... I just hope MK/HS won't suffer the same fate :)

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Your wish cannot be granted :p ...... 'cos I had to attend my sisters wedding dinner for two nights in a row at the hotel, most likely I would miss the first 3 matches in semis and final.:crying::crying::crying:

11. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

...but u had a good chance in winning this PAW...staying online fulltime for a perfect score like this morning will do u good

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Women's Singles:
    Tine Rasmussen over Xie Xingfang
    Wang Lin over Lu Lan

Tine is keen to make a point after the Olympics failure. Similarly, to salvage the title, CHN coaches would probably use team orders to place Wang Lin in the final. Lu Lan doesn't have the ability to beat Tine.

Men's Singles:

Lee Chong Wei over Taufik Hidayat
    Peter Hoeg Gade over Kenneth Jonassen

LCW needs a title to cement his status as world no 1. Taufik, after 2 hard matches, has the ability and mental capacity, but probably not the legs to deny his friend. Gade will spell the end for his good friend's international career with another semifinal victory today.

Mixed Doubles:
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir over Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang over Koo Kien Kiat/Wong Pei Tty

INA's World Champions should have no trouble dismissing temperamental English. Similarly, the Olympic bronze medalllists are now CHN's new No 1 XD and will not be disgraced by MAS part-timers ....... no matter what the PAW pts say. :p

Women's Doubles:
    Du Jing/Yu Yang over Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei
    Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting over Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui

Olympic Champs will not be stressed out by their upcoming compatriots for a finals place, thus almost guaranteeing WD title. It would be a harder battle for Zhang Yawen/Zhao Tingting. MAS girls will be no pushovers, having beaten both Yawen and Tingting when both were partnering Wei Yili. A lot will depend on the MAS girls' conditioning, as by now I would expect fatigue to set in. Good match to me to PAW for a win-win situation ......

Men's Doubles:
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Koo Kien Kiat/Tan Boon Heong
    Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen over Cai Yun/Xu Chen

No clear favourite for first semifinals. Koo/Tan has a 5-1 head to head record but Kido/Setiawan has won the last one where it mattered, and reinforced their top rank status with almost unbreakable cement. A lot will depend on Koo's mind games against Hendra Setiawan for control of frontcourt. Meanwhile, our resident BC forummers will hope for a better outing than last week's exit at the hands of Fu Haifeng/Shen Ye.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To allow WL to move into the Top 10 WS World Ranking ???

:D:D:D If this match between LL and WL is to be fixed, then the decision could be for LL to give the match to WL. This would allow WL to move into the Top 10 WS World Ranking.

14. synd3r

synd3r Regular Member

tough match

LCW vs TH will be tough match.
    coz I see TH has a desire to win this ss. mybe after this, he plains to retire if Icuk become head of PBSI.
    in other side LCW doesn't want easy defeated by TH like last he met him on final.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. And on that logic, the new CHN WD should win at DJ/YY's expense.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW's TH's best opponent cos LCW's the greatest motivation for TH to play his best.TH has spent twice the court time of LCW;3 hours vs 1.5 and if LCW cannot take out TH, Fred the psychologist should not take up any MJ's tournament slot in future.

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I wish Rexy would leave Kien Keat in XD... He is an XD player, not an MD player...

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Ranking point strategy.DO,fu/shen got more points cos of final so FO,cai/xu's turn to catch up.Like the Chinese say, zijiren (it's all in the family.)
    Well, if non-CHN coaches continue to be dumb about ranking point strategies,badminton's gonna see CHN MD relay team strategy taking root although it should not be a serious threat.It just makes badminton as a sport appears low class.Pity if badminton has to look so silly again.And if non-CHN coaches don't do anything it now when it's possible to now, then non-CHN coaches have themselves to blame.

19. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    hai there,, finally i join this forum....and this my prediksion

i hope that Chinese player will perform good here...
    WS
    Xie XF vs Tine R
    Hope that Xie will catch back her no.1 rank
    Wang L vs Lu L
    Wang is in good form and she need to boost her rank
    WD
    i want to see DU/YU back in action but also want Cheng/Zhao to lift their rank.... finally i hope CS/ZYL win.. also good performance by ZYW/Ztt against Lillyana / Vita... hope all CHINA final in WS and WD
    MX
    He/Yu is my fave...
    MD
    Cai/Xu will go to final but hard to beat Markis/ Hendra in final...

20. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Koo is a frontcourt player, he plays well at the net. If he concentrate only to play MX. he will be rearcourt player.. It's not suitable for his role in MD.