Looking for a suitable racket..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jdreamer, Nov 1, 2008.

1. jdreamer

jdreamer New Member

Student
    Hi everyone..

I am looking for a suitable racket that can compliment my play style. I am a double player who don't like to smash much (lack of power) and dislike staying at the back as my shots are considered quite weak. I am more of a front player that does more net plays.

Which racket is more suitable for me?

2. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    jdreamer ---- Actually from my point of view i think there is alot of choice for you ......
    Just go out there and see wat you like ..... you are basically a very technical player ......
    If you get to try technical racket from friend than i think it will be better .....

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    @jdreamer
    try to find even balance & medium flexible racket with slim shaft & frame design, that will fit your style. All brand have type like this so you must search and try by yourself. Dont go for high end racket since all high end racket might be too stiff for you. Happy hunting :D

4. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Flexible racket, Light Weight (4U), and tension 20 - 22 should do it xD... Just a suggestion, but you will have to find a wonderful setting / racket on your own. Since you will now better of yourself xD. Good Luck.

5. jdreamer

jdreamer New Member

Student
    First of all, thanks for the replies.

By flexible, what do you guys mean? Purchase an all-rounder racket instead of a specific offensive or defensive racket? I think I'm a defensive player so do I get an offensive racket to boost my weakness (attacking)?

Please enlighten me. Thanks!

6. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    ^
    attacking racket cant boost your smash or attacking style. Its head heavy and stiff which mean you'll have problem in defense and make manuver (head heavy!!). More stiff is good for attacking player but since you're defense player then it would make you problem cause you dont have power to bend the shaft when swing it to make a powerful stroke.
    All rounder is more reasonable for you, little sacrifice in defense and little bit help in your attack (after you set timing, dont forget timing between this 2 type is different) try an even balance racket first then if your wrist is getting stronger then you can get more head heavy or stiff racket to fullfil your demand :D

7. jdreamer

jdreamer New Member

Student
    I am planning to get a Yonex racket. If it is an all-rounder, which one is better? What about defensive racket?

I just looked through some rackets and I found Nano Speed 7700 description is the closest to my style. Should I get it or the older version, 7000?

8. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    You must try by yourself, i dont have idea what type is suit you better than others. Nanospeed as far as i know is stiff and i dont like all nanospeed type so sorry cant help you for this type, you can consider arc 7 for all rounder performance or MP33/carbonex 21sp for more cheaper YY all rounder :D but still i suggest you try it first....my favorite maybe is your poison :D

9. jdreamer

jdreamer New Member

Student
    How do I actually differentiate a stiff and flexible rackets? Now this is getting confusing. :p

10. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    what is your price range? if low to medium i recommend sotx for all rounders i would say Ti range or Charm range, for defensive with great control i recommend woven 3 and attacking with head heavy i along with a lot of other ppl would recommend woven 7

11. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    Try to bend the shaft slowly ( dont make it break ok :p just slowly ) or if you confuse just search in this forum about flexible and stiff matter. In YY web you can see the spec of the racket and it contain information about shaft category.... Yonex Arc 9, 7, Nanospeed 6000, 4500, 500, Armortec 150, Muscle Power 45,22,19,15,10,7, carbonex 8600,8000,7000,8 all medium to flexible :D:D:D:D just try between them above :rolleyes:

12. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry... forgot to explain about stiffness xD... The easiest way, ask the teller / store (online store will have technical specification) the level of flex. There are 5 of them
    - V. Flexible (or Extra Flexible)
    - Flexible
    - Medium
    - Stiff
    - V. Stiff (or Extra Stiff)

I rarely see the v flex. But you should keep in mind, try read these theory first
    Stiff / Flex
    Hope you got some idea what your racket should be xD... Good luck pal!

13. jdreamer

jdreamer New Member

Student
    Now, I quite get it. Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I think I'll visit a local store to try these rackets first before I purchase one.

14. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Regular Member

Consultant
    jdreamer, the nanospeed series might work best for you, specifically the ns7000 and ns6000. strengthen the snap of your wrist, and you should have a racket to compliment your defensive and net playing style, as well as compensate for any power weakness. :)

15. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

ns7000 is the right choice.. light head.. good reflexes for net play.. only lack of power for smashes.. but since u dont smash... it wont matter!!