APACS Experience/Review: Discussion

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Skanbuzz, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi,

As per notes in APACS experience/review thread, we can post any query, discussion etc here

Much appreciated

Thanks

2. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    APACS nano 7700 power

Hi maa2003,

Let put discussion here.

Sorry, I am not very savy with rackets technology etc so I can't answer your queries
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']"Model : Nano 7700 Power
    Frame : Japan Toray M30 (30 tonne)
    Shaft : Japan Toray T700 (24 tonne)
    Shaft Out/In Dia. : 7.6 / 4.8
    Weight : 84 - 86gr
    BCP : 282 - 288mm
    Length : 672mm

any idea what is the meaning of "30 tonne" for frame and "24 tonne" for the shaft ?
    "[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Maybe it is to do with the Carbon fibre materials which they use to make the frame and the shaft. Looks like the frame is in 30tonne strength (What kind of strength, I can't help you) and the shaft is in alesser strength material so more flexible than the frame????[/FONT]

There is a thread where tannatek explained the significant of the tonne and the modulus etc

Maybe he can help you or someone else can

There are other racket experts who review rackets etc who might be able to explain otherwise APACSUK is also on this Forum , maybe he can enlighten us since it is of his interest to sale APACS rackets too

3. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    SOTX rackets

as instructed heres my reviews for my sotx rackets, in no particular order.
    400 day warranty really cant be beaten

SOTX CHARM-A171
    string
    : ashaway MP @ 24lbs
    price: £35
    preferred game: mixed
    my first sotx racket good all around racket no bad points, average everything, but for the price its great when compared to similar yonex (£80) me and my friend both agreed mine was much better to play with.

SOTX WOVEN-3
    string
    : ashaway MP @ 26lbs
    price: £45
    preferred game: mixed and singles
    short shaft being only 665mm after 5 mins its easy to adapt to. head lite which makes defense really easy, but doesnt really effect the smash power which is good, and as it has a short shaft is under complete control.

SOTX Beijing 2008
    string
    : SOTX bs-963 @ 24lbs
    price: £55 (part of a package ltd edition)
    preferred game: all
    great all round racket, good control etc, power on smash is great. evenly balanced. no bad points what so ever.

SOTX WOVEN-7
    string:
    SOTX bs-963 @ 26lbs
    price: £55
    preferred game: doubles and singles
    the most offensive racket in my bag, incredible power on smash. head heavy balance takes a while to get used to. very little effort to clear and do a good smash but if u put in a little effort the smashes are winners. great control on drops, lifts with ease to to balance. defense is slowed down slightly but not very noticable.

4. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Soxt Rackets

Hi noppy,

Thanks for the posting

I hope I did not come across as a too demanding but just a suggestion/invite to post your experience and share with us.
    There is another thread "APACS experience & Others" which is in a table form that can sort of set a systematic way of looking.

Many thanks

A few months back someone posted a link to a Canadian site where buy 1 get 1 free but work out a bit more than what I want to spend so I left that but hopefully once I identified the right soxt racket, I might give it a try

Any good suggestion for my playing style? I found the APACS Nano 7700 power suit me but there might be another animal out there that perform better

THANKS