User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to make a racket grip bigger?

Hi. I'm not sure if this question should be here or in the equipment forum, so sorry if I put it the wrong place.

Well, I have a Ti 10 racquet with a towel grip. When the towel grip is new (newly put on), I feel that I have very much power because the grip is bigger and I can hold the racquet tight upon impact. I feel that I can hit as hard as I like without the racquet flying away from my hands. However, after sometime, the grip starts to become flatter and flatter due to the fact that I was squeezing it during my strokes. So, after 3 hours of playing, I started to feel as if I am going to throw the racquet away when I hit. Therefore, I can't produce powerful shots because it is impossible to do so when you can't hold the racquet tightly.

I suspect it should be because the racquet handle is small (I have a G4). What should I do to rectify this problem? For your information, I have took down the leather grip which comes with the racquet, so the towel grip is the sole grip. Does it help to put a grip below it before putting on the towel grip? And if I do so, the racquet balance will be shifted to the grip, does this affect my power? Thanks!

P/S: I have a Ti 8 (G4 too) which uses the same make of towel grip (Yonex), but I can still feel confident after playing with it for hours. The grip just doesn't seem to get smaller and smaller, unlike my Ti 10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use towel grips also, but i never take off the original leather grip. I just put the towel G over the leather one and it works fine. True its a bit big at first but after you get your hand print in it, the racket feels much better. Try putting back the original leather grip or buy a new one (since the old one probably wont stick too well) from your sporting good store. Honstly i do not think having an extra grip below your towel will affect your power. Always try to buy the same brand of towel grip, i know that Yonex is pretty thin, while Pro Kennex is a bit thicker and lasts longer. I use the Kennex, if i can find them.

TezTa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use towel grips also, but i never take off the original leather grip. I just put the towel G over the leather one and it works fine. True its a bit big at first but after you get your hand print in it, the racket feels much better. Try putting back the original leather grip or buy a new one (since the old one probably wont stick too well) from your sporting good store. Honstly i do not think having an extra grip below your towel will affect your power. Always try to buy the same brand of towel grip, i know that Yonex is pretty thin, while Pro Kennex is a bit thicker and lasts longer. I use the Kennex, if i can find them.

TezTa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)