LCW charity exhibition match for Misbun's wife at stadium juara

Discussion in '2008 Tournaments' started by cheeyf, Nov 1, 2008.

1. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

any1 going for LCW charity exhibition match for Misbun's wife at stadium juara 7/11/08, 6pm. RM5 admission. time to enjoy and also donating for good cause.a few Sidek brothers will be there too. hope to see u all there.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, is it true??
    where to but the tickets?
    anymore information?
    website, etc??

3. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

yes and also i receive email from FAMEMAS cheer group that ask members to bring the FAMEMAS yellow shirt and badminton racket to play badminton with LCW, etc. will be cool. hehe. George , ru going? no websit but it came out in the star before. i think ticket just buy there

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How far by taxi, is it from Damansara?

5. loweechng

loweechng New Member

Student
    damn i wish to go :( but i'm too faR

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    YOu just pay at the entrance at Stadium Juara.
    Rashid , Jalani , Hafiz , Chong Wei and Misbun will be playing.

In order to play with the players. You have to Bid for it. The $ will go to help Misbun's wife. As a bonus, you guys will also have a chance to bid for memoribillia like Shirts, Rackets etc...

All the best and good luck.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Its the Venue of Malaysia Open and World Championship. Its around 30 to 40Mins by car from The Curve.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wow, that's far by Spore standard. Guess we just have to donate generously to two taxi drivers then. Question is : Is it safe to take a cab back at 10pm? Have heard enough stories about cabs detour and we wouldn't have a clue whether it's headed to the natural jungle or the concrete one.

9. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    ants, stadium juara is different from stadium putra... malaysia open and world championship held at putra stadium.. asian junior championship held in juara stadium.. and the tournament is at stadium juara, in bukit kiara

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    a case of mistaken identity..
    hahaha....ants...
    Putra and Juara is 2 different stadium...

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for clarifying it's stadium Juara at Mt Kiara. In that case , it's 5-10 minutes away from The Curve, right?

12. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    what happened to misbun's wife??

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Oh shucks... thanks for correcting... Im so blur lah.. Sorry. Yeah.. its Kiara.. about 10-15mins drive from Curve. Getting Taxi from the stadium back to Curve?...hmmmm you can try your luck.. or hitch with someone...

14. jump_smashing

jump_smashing Regular Member

http://www.peoplecourtesy.com/2008/10/raising-fund-for-datuk-misbun-sideks.html

On 7th November 2008, Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), in collaboration with Sinar FM, will organize an exhibition match. This exhibition match is to help to raise fund for Datuk Misbun Sidek's wife, Datin Latifah Sidek. [​IMG]
    Datuk Misbun is currently in China with his wife, who is undergoing a kidney transplant. Besides Chong Wei, the Sidek brothers - former internationals Jalani and Rashid - will also be involved in the Nov 7 exhibition at the Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

Misbun and international Mohd Roslin Hashim will also be involved in the match.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thanks for the info update. Jen and I will be there. Do come up and say hi to us since we haven't seen you before but you probably can recognise Jen.(In person,I'm not like my BCF persona at all.In a discussion, I get into a cognitive mode,so the personality is very different.)

16. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

hmm after 2nd though, i think i am not going d.cos quite late n i dono hw to go there. nway njoy urselves and hope they can raise a lot of funds for misbun's wife

17. george@chongwei

unfortunately i also not able to go there.:(
    too busy..
    it will be very nice and good experience to play badminton with chong wei:):D

18. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Astro will be showing this charity show on 22 Nov at 10pm. At channel 104 (Astro Ria)

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Interview with Misbun during the donation drive :

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday November 9, 2008
    Life goes on for Misbun despite trials and tribulations

By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National singles coach Datuk Misbun Sidek has gone through a harrowing time in the last six months. But never once did he let it get him down.

He was always calm and composed — even when there had been sleepless nights and tearful moments as he tried to juggle between caring for his sick wife, Datin Latifah Sidek, and devoting time to groom his players into world beaters.

The tears flowed freely on Friday when he spoke about his wife, who is suffering from kidney failures, during a donation drive at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

“My wife had complained of severe headache and it was only after several visits to the hospital that it was confirmed that she had kidney problems,” he said.
    [​IMG] Trying times: Misbun Sidek visiting his wife Latifah who is undergoing dialysis treatment for her kidney problems in August.

“Now, I take her for dialysis treatments. It’s hard to see my wife go through such pain but I have had to be strong for her.
    “She has been understanding too. She knows that my job as a coach is important to me. There have been sleepless nights but I make sure that the very next morning, I show up early and am strong in front of my players. It’s difficult but I have to handle it.”

Misbun also thanked his family, players, supporters and the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) for their support and understanding during this tough period in his life.

“My father (the late Datuk Sidek Kamar) had slapped and scolded me when I did not want to pursue my badminton career when I was younger. You see, I preferred football then,” recalled Misbun.

“But he wanted me to stick with badminton, which he said would be a blessing to my family. I thought he was too crazy about the sport.

“Now, after looking at all the support I have received from everyone, I understand what he really meant. I really appreciate it.”

Misbun has suffered personal tragedy before. Just before the 1996 Atlanta Games, while he was guiding younger brother Rashid, his daughter died.

Having survived that tragedy, he knows he will have to be strong to deal with his wife’s ailment.

Misbun is clearly made of sterner stuff.

And that is one trait he hopes his group of players, including world No. 1 men’s singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei, will pick up.

“I would like to turn my players from nobody to somebody. It is a personal challenge for me. And my hope is that my players will not give up easily,” said Misbun.

Chong Wei has been going through a tough time trying to stabilise his game after winning a silver medal at the Beijing Olympics in August. He has not been able to justify his status as the world’s No.1 player.

“Chong Wei must accept that this is a temporary setback. I will do my best to improve his performances so that he will be able to achieve his ambition to be the best player in the world,” said Misbun.

“I am willing to guide Chong Wei to go one step better at the next Olympic Games (2012 in London). He cannot give up.”

Misbun is currently getting his players ready for three back-to-back tournaments — Johor Open (Nov 11-14 ), China Open (Nov 18-23) and Hong Kong Open (Nov 25-30).

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2008/11/9/sports/2501380.asp&sec=sports

20. george@chongwei

yeah, i must never forget this...
    a MUST watch for me:D:)