Play in Suzhou, China: Dushu Lake Gym

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by pyaarawala, Nov 2, 2008.

1. pyaarawala

pyaarawala Regular Member

student
    Hey everyone. I got to Suzhou, China about a month ago. I'm studying at Soochow University at the Dushu Lake campus, and there is a gym very close by. I don't know the name of it, but I'm sure people who know the Dushu Lake Soochow University (formerly known as Suzhou University) know the gym that's nearby.

Is there anyone on this site that plays over there? Or is willing to play there with me? I want to get games in at least once a week. I'm not a beginner but I'm not expert either. I played on Saturday and Sunday for the first time after about 7 months and I did surprisingly well. I also have 2 more players who also like to play badminton if need be. But I can tell that they're not as interested. I don't have a racket but I plan on buying a good one real soon.

Contact me at:
    email - pyaara_wala@hotmail.com
    aim - pyaara wala

Thanks.

2. pyaarawala

student
    No one so far huh? Anyone else play somewhere else in Suzhou? Maybe not at the Dushu Lake Gym? Depending on the distance I might be willing to go to a different gym.

3. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Play in Suzhou

Hi pyaarawala,
    Dushu Lake gym is very far at SIP. U need to have transport or car in order to go there.;) There are buses to this place but at night, it will be very inconvenient unless u have yr own mode of transport. I had played at this place before. However, currently I am playing with a group consists mainly of Singaporeans and Malaysians at "Lou Feng" primary school. See yr pm, I have explained to you already. Thanks.
    Lee:D

4. pyaarawala

student
    Thanks for your help Lee, pm replied.

I'm still interested if anyone goes to Dushu Lake Gym.

5. pyaarawala

student
    I've recently joined a student club at the Suzhou Dushu Lake Gym. You just have to be a student at any university I think and pay 100 yuan for 2 months, which is very cheap in my opinion. There are 4 available days in the week you can go and you can choose 2 of those days to go. It's 2 hours each day, and they have I think 4 courts available to play on, and sometimes they do exercises and stuff as well.

If anyone's interested let me know via pm and I can give you the number of the head of the club.