Arcsaber 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by 10kolex, Nov 2, 2008.

1. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    After much debate over which racket to purchase after using a mp22lt, it was down to the arcsaber 10, at900t or at900p. In the end i went for the arcsaber 10, and i tell you what, no regrets so far. Today in training was the first time i had used it, it felt amazing, the sound is awesome and the look:cool:, I regripped it with a karakal super pu and it feels so good, anyone notice that the grip on the arc10 is slightly longer.
    At first i thought that the arc10 stiffness would be too much for me (an intermidiate player) but i was completely wrong. I would definitly recommend this racket!!!! I really love my new racket, cant wait to really get into it. 10/10!!!!:D

Just one minor point is the paint job, anyone notice that the paint quality on the head is quite bad, you can feel where the paint changes colour and the yonex sign on mine has nearly all come off after 2 hours lmao.

Anyone got anytips on how to get that extra 'umph' when smashing, and what kind of noise is it meant to make when the sweet spot is hit?:D

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Glad to hear that you're happy with the Arc10. It's an epic racket.

I had noticed the paint was rather terrible, especially on the head but I think that the quality is similar on most Yonex rackets. The way to find a faster smash is timing. This is why the Arc10 is an advanced racket. Work on your timing and smash speed will come in time. I'm an advanced player and I have to admit I struggled to find the pace for quite a while but when I did, the wait was worth it.

The sound will vary depending on your string tension. It should be a really loud bang if you hit hard and middle it but the pitch of the sound will get higher the higher up the "tension ladder" you go.

3. Ichiigo

Ichiigo Regular Member

I just got my AS10 and while I it is the best I ever owned ( Had MP99, 100, AT900T ), the paint job is TERRIBLE. I only hit the frame with normal shots and there's already a few paint chips on the head. The paint job is just disappointing.

4. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

You guys buying FAKES??? I m using mine for quite sometime.. paint job seems to be fine! Up till now still now scratches!!

5. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Mine are fine... (So Far some bad "TUCK" sound for miss hit xD ... (No Paint Chips). But scratches :crying::crying::crying: (1) for getting too excited on the game :crying:.... Take the birdie too fast from the ground.... It cause a small scratches but looking at it is just "Painful" :crying:....

6. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    The paint job is bad compared to most Yonex racquets. A racquet clash will chip some paints away from the frame. Also, due to the shiny paint Arcsaber 10 was used, the racquet is easily scratched and it's very apparent too.

Note: How fast the racquet paint chips away depends on how hard you hit the shuttle and misses it on the frame or shaft.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    My ARC10 also got paint chip from mishits. I have a Ti10 that despite mishits, no paint chips !

8. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    So far, only one of my Arc10 has paint chips because I was not careful with it in one of the game (clashed with a beginner), the other one is fine, so far.

Paint job is not exactly 'that' bad, but compared with my NS8k (survived 2 major clashes with no chips), it's not doing so well.

9. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    :mad: No my racquet is not a fake it is 100% genuine bought from a shop that is named under their stocklist locator. What i am saying is that i can feel where the paint changes colour and it feels poorly painted compared to other yonex racquets that i have used. When i play a game or train with my racquet and if i hit the shuttle with the frame i always check it, its so weird. I swear i'm becoming obsessed with keeping my racquet in pristine condition lol. Usually i scoop shuttle but i am not going to do it with this racquet no way! It is another big way that will scratch the paint other than clashing with your mates:)

10. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Seriously, I wouldn't bother unless I intend to sell the racket. I kinda like my racket to have lots of battle scars and scooping shuttle is a good way to get tonnes of it :p.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Users should not be complaining about paint jobs when it the player that caused the paint to get chipped in the first place (ie. hitting the frame, mis-hits). It does not matter if it the best paint job in the world, it can still be chipped.

Ichiigo must have a fake, because "AS-10" is a Yonex Shuttle :D :eek:

12. Ichiigo

Ichiigo Regular Member

I meant ArcSaber 10 :D I got it from an authorized dealer :p

13. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

10kolex
    get another arc10 and compare..if its really different..maybe you should bring back to the shop and ask for a replacement.. or ask if he is really selling you a genuine racket.. if u keep it in a great condition and the paint fades away..definitely something is wrong with it.. kinda fishy!!!

OR
    you should go and check ur EYES.. something is wrong with it.. COLORBLIND .. lol XD !!

14. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Well lots of comment on arc10 in this thread

Arc10 Review

There are some comments about how wonderful the paint job on arc10 (destroyed 2 Ti-10)... Although I'd say this "destruction" thing is not solid evidence xD...

But I'd say that Arc10 has a good paint job. This little scratch I have was because of the arc10 dealing with the ground to deep (for your news the placed to play was badly dusted, the other rackets are getting scratch easy too, but so far arc10 only has a tiny scratch and that was my fault :crying:)

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Usually if you don't do any rash actions to the Arc10, it will stay in good shap. That is, no clash, no scooping, and no touching of any hard or harsh surface. My TW Arc10 got 2 paint chips on it due to clash, no deformation, just paint chip. But still, it breaks my heart to see the chips (I can see the dark graphite in the racquet :sob:).

Now I used some of my Gundam Model paints on it to make it look original, also to prevent possible corrosion.

16. kangaroos619

kangaroos619 New Member

I've bought ARC-10,can someone help me find out its true or false

information

Shaft serial:3748033
    Cone code:270389SP
    Price:268$HKD
    THANKS A LOT:(

17. dairyboichau

dairyboichau Regular Member

there's a thread for that
    also... $268 HKD?! most likely fake

#17 dairyboichau, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  18. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    Lmao, what i meant by paint fading is the yonex symbol on the strings :p, gah... dont you think i would check before spending it on a £128 racquet:mad:, to clarify my dealer is a authorised by yonex dealer, i did my research. What i meant by poor paint is the fact that you an actually feel where the paint changes colour i.e. white to red. Other yonex racquets are smooth when u touch the paint, maybe some people should have a closer examination of their racquet or read carefully before saying that it is the user fault, i am sure that i didnt paint it!!! AND IM NOT COLOUR BLIND!!!

Gah... I wrote this thread to PRAISE this amazing racquet and what do people put extended comments on the paint. Lets talk about what we think etc ok:D

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    What you are referring to is the ink (not paint, which confused people) of the Yonex logo which is stenciled on the string.

Umm, Yonex Authorized Dealers cannot Authorize dealers!! You mean the dealer is authorized by Yonex, therefore they are a Yonex Authorized Dealer.

The feeling where you say you can feel where paint changes color is fine. I personally felt this on all my Arc Sabers, and which also includes the NS9000 I own as well.

#19 Matt, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  20. 10kolex

10kolex Regular Member

IT Guru
    Lmao apologies that is what i meant, there is a comma missing it should say "my dealer is a authorised by yonex, dealer." poor grammer, should say my dealer is authorised by yonex:p.