User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 27 of 27
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would suggest those who sweat a lot to stop taking any cool drink.
    I've suffered this in past 2 months and was told by a pro-shop boss to stop cool drink.
    It was really effective after 2 weeks (no cool drink at all).

    *this is just a suggestion by me and I recommend you all to try. So dont flame at me. As for myself, life without cool drink, coffee is nothing big deal. There is something more important than that.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's perfectly normal to sweat a lot when exercising, but when the sweating goes beyond that, for example when you are doing exactly nothing at normal room temperature then you might be suffering from hyperhidrosis. But first, you might want to check on your BMI and body fat percentage (overweight people tend to sweat more). Also, you might want to check on your thyroid level (you might also suffering from hyperthyroidism).
    It has also been known that active sportsman tends to sweat faster than average people. It's just showing that their body cooling system is very efficient.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ystian View Post
    I would suggest those who sweat a lot to stop taking any cool drink.
    I've suffered this in past 2 months and was told by a pro-shop boss to stop cool drink.
    It was really effective after 2 weeks (no cool drink at all).

    *this is just a suggestion by me and I recommend you all to try. So dont flame at me. As for myself, life without cool drink, coffee is nothing big deal. There is something more important than that.
    Hey, what do you mean by cool drink (an example, is it any drink served cold)?
    Yes coffee could cause excessive sweating, probably because it increases heart rate or it is in itself diuretic.
    Last edited by acmilan; 11-06-2008 at 12:05 PM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    acmilan,
    yes, cold drink. (typo error, sorry)

    ********
    I'm a skinny guy with 17 BMI (underweight), and nearly 0% body fat (measured by Tanita body fat analyzer). My height is 178cm and weight is 55kg. I tend to sweat a lot on my forehead, forearm, palm, chest after practicing footwork for 30mins before I start my game.

  5. #22
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ystian View Post
    acmilan,
    yes, cold drink. (typo error, sorry)

    ********
    I'm a skinny guy with 17 BMI (underweight), and nearly 0% body fat (measured by Tanita body fat analyzer). My height is 178cm and weight is 55kg. I tend to sweat a lot on my forehead, forearm, palm, chest after practicing footwork for 30mins before I start my game.
    you play in a air-conditioned gym or just ordinary hall?
    in MAS, nite time will be still around 28C. inside normal hall, it will be like 30C.

    drink less during games, this will help to reduce sweat and reduce tiredness.
    drink more plain water after your session, to replenish.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try to squeeze in wiping with a towel if permitted :P, (like tennis players).

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Drifit,
    I m playing in normal badminton hall. As you mentioned it is warm inside the hall.
    At the moment, I don't sweat a lot after my practice for 30mins (meaning I don't need to keep wiping my forehead, forearm, palm after practice).

    More importantly, thank you for your advise~

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore East
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    easy...i bring 3 shirts to change sometimes for my sessions...

    i don't have sweaty palms...but when i play badminton my palms do get a little moist sometimes and grip is affected. I'm too lazy to get out of court to wipe with a towel so i just use the bottom part of my shirt that's not wet.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD_JD View Post
    i don't have sweaty palms...but when i play badminton my palms do get a little moist sometimes and grip is affected. I'm too lazy to get out of court to wipe with a towel so i just use the bottom part of my shirt that's not wet.
    yes...i did this too...

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to perspire little. Maybe because back then, my matches were'nt really that hard. But now, since I started to play more active, I sweat like a pig. I could squeeze liquid out from my shirt and shorts. But that doesn't bother me much. I just change shirt when it's too drenched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
    By phandrew in forum General Forum
    Replies: 31
    : 10-23-2007, 11:10 PM
  2. Sweating vs. hairyness?
    By Dave18 in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 11
    : 07-15-2005, 02:16 AM
  3. Why Am I Sweating A Lot And How To prevent It???
    By Darma Sucipto in forum General Forum
    Replies: 25
    : 01-23-2005, 11:27 PM
  4. Sweating
    By RPGfan04 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 05-04-2004, 07:34 PM
  5. stop
    By TourSpEdition in forum General Forum
    Replies: 17
    : 03-19-2003, 05:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •