Buying Badminton Shoes, Help Please.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Loafers, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    Budget: Anything under $60
    Size: 9.5 US
    Preferences: Light shoes. I play singles, so good movement is very important as well as comfort.

Since most Yonex shoes (good ones) are over $60, I guess its safe to assume that I won't be considering any.

So browsing through the thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53807 , I read that Mizuno Volleyball shoes are a good alternative for Badminton players. However I am rather confused with all the models (Tornado, Lightning, Wave, and the list gets longer...)

Mizuno wave spike 8, I read, are great and comparable to Yonex. However after googling them, they are only for women...

Mizuno Sala Libre look great too, but there don't seem to be many reviews for it... and I don't know where to even buy it...

Could someone explain all the models/names and how they are different from one another, and what I should buy?

#1 Loafers, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

where do you live?, i find the the SHB 41 are pretty good shoes. dont count them out. if you live in sunnyvale, the SHB 68's are still available @ bin tang, maybe in your size. those are very good shoes, with the only possible con being its insoles flattening quickly.

3. Loafers

Loafers Regular Member

Loafer
    Thanks for you advice, I decided to buy Asics Gel Rocket IV.