AT900 Tech or NS 7700?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Yuki S., Nov 4, 2008.

1. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    I'm considering on buying a new racket, and I looked into a mini-catalog that I got when my dad ordered new feather birdies.

My old racket was an HL Aero700 (if it's okay, someone give me specs on that, please.) that I was..not too happy with, since smashes with it tend to make the birdie 'float' a little for the opponent to catch it, and clears/drives can't go very far with it, either. Also, it's getting beat-up, so I'm considering on asking my parents to buy me a new racket.

I'm purely a singles player who uses mainly smashes and clears (except with my current racket, smashes turn into drives for me for it to actually do something -_-;;)

I heard that the NS7700 was a pretty good racket for an advanced singles player, but also the AT900 tech. But then again, I'm in high school and I'm a bit oblivious to specs / statistics / whatnot so I'ma ask you guys o_o.

So, which should I get: NS7700 or AT900 Tech? I'm kind of looking for a not-so-stiff racket and a head-light, but I don't even know the specs of my own current racket so that might change. If not those 2, what racket should I get, then?

And am I able to get a custom-string for the...racket you guys suggest..? I want to custom-string my new racket to BG 68 Ti or BG66.

Edit: Forgot. I'm a pretty aggressive player (considered the most aggressive girl on my team o-o) and I play atleast twice every week, 3 hours each day I play.

Thanks!
    -Yuki

#1 Yuki S., Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Hi Yuki, Welcome to BCBF!

Since you are a girl, I would recommend the NS7700 over the stiff-shafted AT900T.
    The AT900T is a powerful and maneuverable racquet, but is not commonly used by high-school girls. Vice-versa for the NS7700, many girls use it. The shaft is rather flexible, and it is head-light. Maneuverable and light, but it lacks power.

A good racquet I can suggest you is the Yonex MusclePower88 (MP88).
    Even-balanced/Head-heavy, and flexible shaft. This racquet can help you generate alot of power, quite effortlessly. The only set-back is that the racquet is quite hard to find these days.

As for the strings, I recommend you the BG66 over the BG68Ti. The BG66 has a softer feeling, and performs very well in all aspects other than its durability. The BG68Ti isn't very durable either.

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    AT900 Technique is a Stiff and Head-Heavy racquet. NS7700 is an slightly flex and Head-Light racquet. The two is completely different racquets and they're used differently. If you have a strong arm, it's better to go with the AT900T since....well, you can do a wiki about the repulse of racquets. If your strength is not that high, you can go with the NS7700. But I guess you are an attacking type, so it really depends on how hard you smash. And yes, you can custom-string both of them.

Note: My suggestions are not the best. It might even be wrong. You should consult with some other expert.

4. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    @jhirata - Thanks for the welcome! And yea, MP88 wasn't in the catalog I have, I dunno if they took it off the major-product line or if this catalog is for some kind of specific. I'll look into it.

@Gemcat - I don't really have that much muscle in my arm (I'm a very thin person, but I did..gain something off of tennis and badminton o_o) but I tend to overkill alot, lol xD

My smashes aren't like a guy's, like if I smash, they'll be pretty fast, but not flash-speed-directly-down sort of smash.

5. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    Okay, thanks! I think I'll go with NS7700 just for a start.

Do you know where I can easily get an NS7700? I can't find it on the official Yonex site, so my 1st-priority-ticket-to-a-real-racket is..gone o.o...I don't want a fake racket from China or something >_<

6. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    Sorry for double-post. but - What does " 3UG4 ( Available in 3U G4-G5 and 2U G4-G5 )" mean? I found those specs on someone else's review

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yuki, are you Japanese ? If you are, then you can just go back to Japan and buy an authentic Yonex product at any shop without the fear of buying a counterfeit product.

3U and 2U is the weight of the racquet ( 3U is between 85~89g and 2U is 90~94g ). G4/G5 is the grip size, G6 being the thinnest and G3 being the largest for Yonex racquets. Most racquets are available in G3~G5, but only the light-weight, JP, or the women's models are available in G6 such as the ArcSaber9.

Actually, the ARC9 is my other recommendation for you.

8. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    I'm an ABJ, I don't live there >_< I live in the US

Edit - And I can only go back to Furano in the Summer. I'm asking my dad to buy me a new racket for Christmas o-o

#8 Yuki S., Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  9. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

If you are willing to buy racquets from the internet, don't ever go for anything on ebay; 99% of them are fakes.

It is sometimes cheaper to buy online ( total fees including tax and shipping ) than to buy a racquet from the nearest sports shop.

10. Yuki S.

Yuki S. Regular Member

high school student
    Is San Diego Badminton Supply at badminton.net okay o_o? And ArcSaber 9 felt like the exact same thing as ArcSaber10 when my sister tried a demo of them.

11. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I would think an AT900T would be suitable for you...an attacking singles lady. IMO, 4U is better than 3U. I use an AT900T in 4U and it's very powerful, and the power comes very easily, and it is light enough to use defensively without a problem.

If you want a racquet with a softer feel, ARC7 or NS7700 would be good. Pick 3U for these two models, and G5/G4 for any racquet you pick (G4 is slightly bigger than G5)

13. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

If i were u.. i will get a coach first .. :p