Babolat Satelite Star 09 model

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tcy148, Nov 6, 2008.

1. tcy148

tcy148 Regular Member

I've had my new Babolat Satelite Star for a good week now. Played with it three times this week and i am generally very impressed with it!:)
    I bought the 09 model for £74.99 on tennisnuts.com. I couldn't find any of the Babolat X-Lite series in the UK, which brings me to think they don't sell them at all here.:(
    The older model (08 model) is still being sold for a slightly cheaper price of £67.99. I think the only difference between them is the look/colour of it. I chose the 09 model as i plainly think it looks better.

Cosmetically it looks brilliant! Finished in white, which is different to the conventional black/red/blue/silver colours. It's also got lots of nice small details which you will use from the pics.
    Anyway, more about the racquet. It's a medium balanced (285mm), medium flexed shaft and weighs in at a relatively light 88g (strung).
    I've only got the factory fitted strings on it, but already i feel it's a very defensive racquet. It's certainly one of the fastest racquets i've used, and a defensive clear shot can be achieved even with a modest amount of swinging power. The shaft is relatively thick for a fast racquet though. But not so much that i've actually felt any difference though.
    I've fitted a Babolat VS overgrip on it (which explains the mucky colour of it in the pics), but the grip is originally black.
    It does lack a bit of power though when it comes to smashing. And there is some vibration as well, but not so much that it will affect your performance.
    Another problem with it (more a problem with Babolat), is the case that you get with it. It's very poorly designed in my opinion. Rather than having a traditional side zip, where you can just slip the racquet in and out - Babolat have opted to place the zip on the top of the case, which makes it rather difficult getting the racquet in and out.

Overall, i am very pleased with this racquet. I can only hope Babolat put more effort into Badminton as they can clearly make very good racquets!
    Eventhough my racquet is listed as the 09 model, it has the same technology as the ones from 3 years ago!
    They also have to fix their cases.

Hope you guys found this mini review helpful, and hopefully encourage more of yous to try out Babolat badminton racquets.:D
    Have a good day.

Attached Files:

2. jairbak

jairbak Regular Member

Hi
    I saw this racket today at the local shop here and i am thinking about buying it, but I am a overal player and playing with the carbonex 7000 DF now and does anyone know if this babolat has more power, cause if it has I'm gonna buy it haha