Is Yonex's recommended maxium tension conservative?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by khtwo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

The highest Yonex's recommended maxium tension I've ever seen on the market is 25lbs on a 2U racquet. :eek:
    How's this possible? I have heard so many players said they strung to 26-28lbs or even 30lbs. Do they use customized racquets or just ignore the Yonex's recommended max tension? Has anyone have any idea?
    And how about the world's top players? They often strung to 30-33lbs. Are they using the same racquets sold on market? Or they have their own strengthen version?

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yes, the recommended stringing tension is very conservative, but it is not the max tension. I myself have my average AT700JP strung at 28x30.8lbs with nbg95, and there's no problem with it.

The pro's have the same racquet that most of us do, but the Chinese players have their own CP coded-racquets.. They are said to be more durable and stiffer.

3. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Thanks! Why didn't Yonex make those CP coded racquets a special Series. I bet quite a lot of players will be eager to get such racquets.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

It is indeed, very special.. only the top Chinese, sponsored players can get them.. they are rare-items.

5. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

That means top players will likly get them because Yonex will try to sponsor all top players.

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I have been ignoring those recommended tensions for a long time! But watch out if you go higher tensions on their latest models as they've completely cheaped out on their grommets and they'll tear right through! I posted a remedy to this problem in the stringing & techniques forum ;)

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Any coded genuine yonex rackets can take 30lbs without any problem,as long as it's done by good hands.Not just CP..but any coded.

8. .Vince

.Vince Regular Member

Like everyone said, yes its true that you can pull it far tighter than the recommended,

however, depending on where you go, like the shop near me, if you do request for it to be pulled beyond the recommendation, they will not refund or replace your string as you are asking them to pull it tighter than whats labelled.

9. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

As long as the racquet is OK, the string is just spendable.

10. .Vince

.Vince Regular Member

O sry my bad, forgot to add,

Thats in this shop, if you supply your own string and tell them to say, pull it at 28lbs and it breaks, then they won't refund you.
    They'll say its your own fault for wanting it that tight, but thats just my shop :|

So better make sure its not the same policy where you go, if you are going to pull it further than the recommended.

11. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Do you mean break when stringing or when play? They normally don't refund when break in play. But break when stringing is another story.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    To be frank and maybe somewhat politically incorrect:
    YY are just pussies :) that don't stand behind the quality of their product..

I find the recomended tension they put on their products to be a down-right slap in the face to serious players who pay a premium for their producs.. Especially in the light of crappy clones and fakes, there isnt really ANY excuse for yonex to have such low recommended tensions and warranties than less expensive competitors!!

/Twobeer

13. .Vince

.Vince Regular Member

Basically what I meant was that, if you send your racquet to be strung and the string breaks during stringing, because you asked for a tension higher than the recommended, they won't refund/replace your strings as its your own fault for wanting it that high.

(NB this is only my local, but from two's "there isnt really ANY excuse for yonex to have such low recommended tensions and warranties than less expensive competitors!!"
    im assuming its for everyone else too / similar policies.

14. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Master TB, Yonex is not pussies, it is just evil...:D Is there any other manufactures out there warranty against defect like Yonex? I don't see Wilson or Prince does that.
    2) Why should a shop replace the string you bring in if it break during stringing process? How the hell do the shop owner know where your string has bee sitting around all these years?

15. .Vince

.Vince Regular Member

Hell if im paying for them to string, i'd want a refund or replacement, as im sure everyone here would agree.
    2 times ago, they broke my BG 85's and had to give me 68ti's cos they didnt sell 85s.

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    To the best of my knowledge all major racket vendors, Prince, Wilson, Babolat, SOTX, Carlton, Forza, Kason etc. etc. all honors replacements due to manufacturing defects, most of them with less fuzz than Yonex.

/Twobeer

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    because the price of yonex products are usually higher, more people are more willing to push the warranty policy to the limit. I know full well people who have clashed their rackets and then go cry to yonex to get a free replacement. (i even told a few noobs how to do it too because i feel bad for them clashing an top line racket after owning it for less than 2 hrs). Other brands are more liberal on warranty because they'll bend over more to get your business. Also, u might only heard about stories on the first return, what about 2nd, 3rd or 4th return?? I personally know a strong player who use Black knights and he breaks them like twigs (not from clashing but from high tension and strong smashes). He paid full price for it, and he know he'll get 1 free replacment, 1/2 price on 3rd warranty replacment, no question asked. After that he has to pay full price and start the process over again. He is a repeat customer, Double check the non-yonex real policy, there is no limitless warranty replacment.

#17 cooler, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  18. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Then why didn't he just use the Yonex if Yonex provide better service?

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/owners/5YearWarranty/

Five Year Warranty
    No other UK car manufacturer offers the security and assurance of a warranty quite like Hyundai's. We're so confident in the quality and reliability of our cars that we offer a unique five year, fully transferable, unlimited mileage warranty* across the entire range. And, for further peace of mind, every new vehicle sold comes with one year roadside assistance programme and a six year anti perforation warranty+.

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/uk/en/company/corporate_sales/owner_benefits/jaguar_warranty_bsc.asp

Vehicle Warranty
    Every new Jaguar sold in the UK comes with an outstanding warranty package and assistance services that include the following benefits :

· A standard 3 years, unlimited mileage warranty - Should any part of the vehicle require repair or replacement as a result of a manufacturing defect, the part will be replaced completely free of charge by any Jaguar Authorised Repairer, regardless of any change of vehicle ownership during the period of cover.

· A 3 years, unlimited mileage Paint Surface warranty - Should the paint surface of the vehicle body require attention due to a defect in material or application, any necessary repairs will be undertaken by a Jaguar Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge.

· A 6 years, unlimited mileage anti-perforation warranty - Should any part of the bodywork of the vehicle be perforated by rust corrosion, the panels affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced by any Jaguar Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge regardless of any change in vehicle ownership.

Note: The term 'perforation' means a hole that penetrates through the bodywork, caused by corrosion from the inside or underside, as a result of faulty manufacture or materials.

----------------------------------------
    Jaguar is such a pussy to give out such short warranty than a lowly hyundai but people like pussies and that is why yonex and Jaguar can charge more:p Jaguar is a nice pussy... cat:)

#19 cooler, Nov 14, 2008
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

for yonex, u have to prove your case but imo it is valid reason to prove your case, too many ripoff artist our there. He wrecks racquets like our inhouse panda. To him, yonex or no yonex play similarly, so he changed to BK instead. He likes head light rackets most head light yonex racket are top end like NS8000,7000, 7700. I told him about NS6000 but he said nah, he gotten use to this one BK which cost him $150 on his first buy. I doubt a new NS6000 retails at $150.

he is ok with a hyundai-like racket instead. If u can't feel it, don't play with it;):p

#20 cooler, Nov 14, 2008