A new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Arceid, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Arceid

Arceid Regular Member

High school
    Hey guys !

I am actually using a SOTX woven 7 for 6 months now, and it think it's a quite good racket. But my arm doesn't get used to it. I like to smash, and I have some good power, but for this racket I don't have the good arm ( really really strong arm needed ^^ ). My defense is not that good too with that racket.

So I think i'm gonna change my racket. I tried the yonex at 700, and I don't like it either.

From my experience, this is what i can tell today : I don't like heavy racket. When i have my woven 7 in my hand, I feel its weight.
    I don't like head heavy rackets, neither heavy rackets.

So i think I'd like a middle weight ( 86 grams ) , stiff ( I like stiff rackets ), and not too head heavy racket. I can pay about 80 euros ( 100US$).
    I want it to be a good overall racket, with some good power too ^^

Any idea about a racket which'll suit me well ?

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Karakal M-Tec 70 if you have awesome arm speed. The M-Tec 75 or 80 might be better if you're a mortal as the added weight give better momentum. The numbers are the weights of the rackets in grams, so all are very light.

Perhaps one of the Yonex Nanospeeds could be suitable. For your money, I doubt you'll get much though. Apacs may be a better choice. Perhaps an Apacs Edgesaber.

To conclude, I would recommend the M-Tec 70 from Karakal if you have awesome arm speed. It'll smash well as you'll be able to swing it incredibly fast and defence will be good due to the light weight. One of the heavier M-Tecs may be better if you can't hit massively hard. The M-Tec 70 comes in just under budget (a few cents). Yonex won't give you much for your money so Apacs, who make Yonex clones, may be a better option.

3. sadgsd

sadgsd Regular Member

I agree with Dan, the Yonex Nanospeeds are nice, but you will have to pay the price for the performance. My wallet feels a bit lonely after I bought my NS9000X.

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    There are threads on whether the Karakal are as light as their model number denote. The reason given by most is that the racquets are weigh without grip and string, only the frame. But even then, when I compare 2 racquet side by side, the Karakal still weight more, I got a few 4U racquet, and the MTEC 80 definitely feels heavier.

5. Arceid

Arceid Regular Member

High school
    Yeah, but even, I think those rackets are too lite :( Actually, I saw the woven 8 from sotx. Since i already had a sotx woven, I know that sotx is making good racquets. The sotx 8 seems to be the same racquet as the yonex nano 7k, but it's cheaper ^^. I saw te review on it and it seems quite good. Any comments on this racquet ? and what about the woven 9 ? seems a good racquet too.

And I read somewhere that RSl racquets are good too.

6. chowzer

chowzer Regular Member

RSL make good rackets...

also try out the victor line. they are some high quality rackets