User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, did not get a chance to read every single post. However, I have a few concerns, if someone already mentioned it, my apology:

1. Badminton racket has very small head frame. Therefore, very limited space in between crosses. Is there enough space for such a machine, while having 2 more clamps (fix or floating), if you start from the middle?
    2. Badminton strings are much thinner and softer. Whether a piece of string can smoothly go through each time (especially at the end of the job), I am not sure.
    3. Badminton stringers do not make tons of profit. Therefore, if the machine is pricy, then it might not worth the investment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yes or NO for a badminton cross stringer?

Hello guys,

We have been studying your messages thank you for the information. Hereby some thoughts that we have as a result of your messages:
    * We realize that the price of the unit must be in a strong relation to the average stringing
    machine that badminton stringers use. The other thing is that you use the tool very long so it should have a durable design also. I use my (old) tennis tool already 24 years.
    * We will test the new design with very soft strings to test if the string passes the tool smoothly enough this depends a lot of the shape of the guiding channels.
    * We think that we have to optimize the tool for “normal use” in a stringing machine, with tensioned mains. Although we understand the advantage of pre-waeving for the double holes and sitting for the tv. Is it not possible to use the “hooktrick to get the second string through?
    * We will try to design the tool so that as many cross strings as possible can be done with the help of the tool.. The ideas that we have are the following:
    The cross stringers have a short and a long side and we can use a side entrance for strings that use less mains. It could be best to use the long channel to pass 18 mains and the short channel to pass 14 strings. It is quite easy to pass 2 free strings on each side.

When you go from head to throat you can use 2 ways:
    1) Put the short side at the head side and position the tool in the middle of the racquet. Insert the first 3 crosses through the tool and pull the string out of the tool after pulling the string through. After having done the first crosses turn the tool around to use the long side for the rest of the strings until you take it out 2 or 3 strings before the end.
    2) Put the long side at the head side and position the tool 5 to 6 cm from the head. Use the tool for the first crosses only to push the mains up and down without guiding the string through the channel.
    In these ways you can do about 18 or 19 mains with the tool.

When you go from throat to head you can use the long channel from the beginning.

* We will design the tool as narrow as possible but there is room enough for the cross stringer and the clamps, because the cross stringer is always some cm’s ahead. Btw when you use the tool you do not have any need to work with your hands in the string area.

We will use the Yonex Cab20 as the basis for the string pattern but we will also look at the other racquets that are mentioned so that the tool can be as universal as possible.
    The cam in the tool holds the strings at the right position for the tool so it is no problem when the position of a racquet is a little different.

We will certainly not decide on any production, as long as we have a doubt if the badminton stringer really want the tool and before we found the best possible design.

FT46

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hereby an update about the new cross stringers from Stringway:

The production of the tools for tennis will start this month.
    The tools will be made out of aluminum for durability and there will be 2 unit available, one for high density and one for low density patterns
    An introduction price counts for the separate tools and for the set that are pre-ordered before february 20.

To receive the newsletter with all the information about the tools contact Alpha Tennis in the US info@alphatennis.com or Stringway outside the US info@stringway-nl.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look good to me ... i am usless at doing cross... .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've never strung a tennis racquet before only badminton racquets. and i have to say that device seems alot slower than by hand =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well slow is ok .. just make sure we never make any mistake on the cross .. people like me are weak... keep on making mistake. ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Speed of the tool

To avoid misunderstandings.
    The video does not show the speed of the tool it only shows the principle of the tool very slowly.

Quite some pro stringers have already tried to beat the tool and did not succeed.
    There are 2 "speed advantages":
    - The string goes through as quick as you push.
    - You can pull the string through as you can because there is no friction and so also no danger of burning the strings.

Stringtechno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the price of this tool for tennis and whats your estimated price for the badminton equivilent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default prices

I assume that you are in the US.
    The introduction price until 2/20 = $ 77.95 for one piece and $ 129,90 for a set from alpha.

We do not have the badminton unit yet, we are still in doubt about that.

Stringtechno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in England. So roughly 50-60£ then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The introduction price from Stringway in Europe is 59,90 a pcs and 99,95 euro for the set.

And 1 pnd is about 1 euro at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok! as badminton racket is smaller, i guess this machine will be too? Which means it will be a little cheaper One would hope

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Price for badminton

The price of the tool is not in the aluminium so a little smaller will not make a difference.
    Btw I think the tool is cheap compared to its durability, I am still using the old one from 1982 without exchanging one part.
    And for so many years and adding so much convenience to your stringing job, I do not think that the price is high.

Btw these are introduction prices until 20/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that stringtechno. However with my machine only costing 100, i would PERSONALLY find it hard to justify spending another 60pounds + on a cross stringer, when its sole purpose is to save a few minutes preweaving.

But i do like the design and concept so well done there!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Sorry for the late post on this. Will there be an issue when you still have the last 4 crosses (or may be 5) on the top you can not use your device? Also, If you only use it on the center 14, don't you still need to hand weave the first 3 and last 3? These 2 issue are the speed issues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi S,
    There is a misunderstanding:14 main strings run through the tool so with 16 mains you have on free string on each side and with 18 2. you can do all crosses from the beginning until there is no room for the tool anymore. Most of the time you take it out beofre the last 2 or 3 crosses depending on the racquet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Design of cross stringer for badminton

Hi guys,

We get quite some requests for a cross stringer for badminton so we decided to work on the design so that we can test a proto type and see if it will work for badminton.
    We prefer to make only one tool that can do most of the racquets.
    Therefore we need to know the positions of the main strings in the racquet in the most important racquets in the market.
    We would like to get your cooperation for this:
    We need pictures that show the distance of the main strings measured from the middle of the racquet as shown on the picture below.

Our questions are:
    - Can you mention the most important racquets in the market at this moment.
    - Are there among you that can provide us with pictures of these racquets with a ruler on the main strings? It is important to position the ruler so that the “zero” is in the middle between the centre 2 main strings.

Anybode who wants to supply these pictures please send them to info@stringway-nl.com

Thanks in advance.
    Stringtechno

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast