Lets Build Ourself An Ultimate Badminton Hall Extension

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by badwally, Nov 12, 2008.

1. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Ok This tread is to build ourself and ultimate badminton hall extension to our house. I would like everyone to contribute. I will start with some constrains and we can work from there. it need to be as realistic as possible.
    Let begin with the notion that money is no objection and we are going to limit ourself to one court. Note that this is a private hall. Its what you would wish for if you have all the money you need to build your own ultimate hall as an extension to your home.
    Well first off all we need to know approximately how large a piece of land we will need to build this hall. Not knowing the dimension of a court I will leave this to some other BC'er to supply.
    Some of the things I would want is AC plus heaters. I need someone to specify type of AC and heater. Presumably ones we can build which does not cause draft.
    Other things we will also need to consider are equipments we will need or want. Stringing machines racquet's, etc. We will probably need another room to store and work in.
    So start adding. Please if you can provide exact details the better because we are going to use this to build our ultimate hall.
    Enjoy...:p

2. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Video cameras

Should be equip with video recording equipment to view practice session to help with training. Again I will need some knowledgeable BC'er to give details of equipment to purchase for this fine hall of ours.:p

3. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Someone add a stringing machine. Remember money is no barrier...

4. dweebus

dweebus Regular Member

civil engineer, bass guitar monkey
    court size

Why only one court? Seems selfish to me. If I ever build a temple to badminton I would have at least three courts so my friends (and enemies:)) could play as well. I think playing alone in your own private court would be very sad and lonely. I love to play, but I also like to heckle other players.

5. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    It has to be realistic too

Yes you could have a many as you want but the point is there are some constraints to this project. We are talking about adding this temple as a normal house extension which means you are limited by space. Also note its just not the court space we may be talking about. We may want to add a room off the courts to store/display all out racquets and string machine to string these racquets to our hearts content. Also there may be another area for sitting for eating and drinking and watching, etc. This is left to contibutors to add. Also note when adding these rooms you will also want to add things you will like to add to these rooms. Like 100ince LCD tv to watch your favorite baddy matches live with 1000 satelite feed. Keep imagining.

6. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Adding stringing machine

Ok here is my ultimate stringing machine.
    EXTHREE - ELECTRONIC/UPRIGHT/6-POINT
    As I dont string at the moment I have no comments on this but it looks bad ass. So anyone have a better option please comment.

Attached Files:

7. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Entension so far

Since we don't have software to let us visualize this extension I suggest we keep it simple and only add rooms when required. Basically I think we only need 3 but add more for discussion if you like. So so picture this one main hall for the court (anyone thing more than 1 is required), 1 workshop and the entertaining/food/spectator room?
    Picture this, work room with my suggested stinging machine, one wall hung with multiple racquets (please add you favourite, would suggest not more than 4 of same type as if one court only max four players). Ok run out of ideas for this room please add. Also if you want additional extras from the stringing machine please add also.
    Entertainment room. Large:p:p LCD tv with home theatre system build in. Again please supply details anyone of brand, model, etc. Also inbuild to wall speakers or free standing. LCT mounted on wall or free standing. Must be able to put this all together at the end if possible so we can all imagine it in the end.
    Badminton hall not sure what we will have here. Maybe some seats along the wall. Any preferable nets or poles? Have no idea. Contribution please.

8. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    What flooring should we used for court

Wood or syntactic:confused:. Please specify the best material

9. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Hall plan

Ok I have found a hall I think will look very nice in our extension. I found this on another tread but wow I want one too. Just imagine one court instead of multi court as shown in picture.
    This is the Djarum Badminton Club in Indonesia.

Attached Files:

10. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    now if i could have just one of those courts attached to my house, wow that would be awsome, like the hall but with just one court that would be good, however i would prefer to have a court mat though if it were going to be my house.

11. Walter Lim

Walter Lim Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Yes please remember the context of this thread. We are building an ultimate badminton hall extension. So add what you want. The reason for this picture is to get a general idea of what I think would be an ideal court but you may have better ideas. I guess at the end if there is enough people a consensus will be reach on which is the best design.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I gave up pretty quickly ;)

It's tough to fight two battles simultaneously - one against pessimists and the other against the bureaucracy.

Maybe, just maybe... in a few years time!

14. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Sorry Not sure what this has to do with this tread. This tread is just for fun...:confused:

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Finding it difficult to find money to build our Badminton hall for everyone

:D:D:D badwally ... Here at Badminton Central, our members are:
    (1) finding it difficult to obtain money to build more halls, and
    (2) (seriously) thinking of building more Badminton halls for all players.

But in your case, you are:
    (1) having no problem with money to build your own hall, and
    (2) (for fun) thinking of building a hall just for your own use.

No wonder, we are talking about different things. :D:D:D

My club, CCC Badminton, in Melbourne, Australia, does not have enough money to build our own hall at the moment, even though we are pessimistic that one day we could obtain enough money to do so. However, it would be available to everyone.

:):):)

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I assume you mean optomistic?!

17. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I would get Victor C-7030 instead. :)

18. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    I think everyone is misunderstanding this tread

This tread is suppose to be a fun tread. Its not meant to be serious. Maybe I should have place it under chit chat. What I wanted to do is start a tread to let out imagination run wild and create an ultimate badminton hall home extension. Not to actually build one. If I had that much money I will retire now and spend most of my days playing badminton or going on tours. Sorry if there has been any misunderstaning.:eek:
    I think you need to read the tread from start to end so you know what is going on. I was hoping people will do that and start adding bits and pieces to the project.
    This may not be practical and the tread may need to be close if there are more misunderstaning going on.:(

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    we are so pessimistic/depressed that we can't even think of the word 'optimistic'

:eek::eek::eek: Yes, we are so depressed that the word 'optimistic' does not exist. :D:D:D

And as badwally said, this thread should have been place under 'Chit Chat'. That's a great place to cheer us up with non-serious matters.

:):):)

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    You do have a point there.
    This is more a daydreaming thread than a happening one.

Moved :)