User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got the tatoo for around US$52. bought it from the owner of the court i play in. i got a discount .
    how can i tell if if my tatoo is headlight or headheavy? the balance point printed on the head says 29-30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo

Hi awatz,
    It is a very good price for this racket.Try this racket and give us yr review,ok? Thanks.
    Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by awatz View Post
    i got the tatoo for around US$52. bought it from the owner of the court i play in. i got a discount .
    how can i tell if if my tatoo is headlight or headheavy? the balance point printed on the head says 29-30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    My MTEC 80 came prestrung at 22lbs and it didn't work well.
    did u get it from sports report? its a pity they do not string badminton rackets at tensions exceeding 24lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    did u get it from sports report? its a pity they do not string badminton rackets at tensions exceeding 24lbs.
    Yes I got it from there but they do string at tensions exceeding 24lbs as I got another M75 from them which wasn't prestrung and I specify 26lbs and they did it.

I guess it depends on the recommended manufacturer's tension which in the case of Karakal is 16 - 30lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Sunny, how much shipping cost for sending over to Singapore for Tattoo M-Tec 80 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    The Tattoo is 80usd and the M-Tec 80 is 60usd...The weight is 80grams without grip or string...
    M-Tec 70 (70 grams) and M-Tec 75 (75 grams) Revo 76 & 77 are thin frame like the ArcSaber...If you are doubles player the M-Tec 80 in headlite is powerful and great defense...The Tattoo comes in 3 bp so you can get power or defense balance point..Our M-Tec 80 only comes in Headlite balance...Our sponsored singles players all use the M-Tec 85 saying it generates a lot of power even when they are tired...Try to test them first to see what is best for your style...If you are coming to Vietnam anytime you can test all models at our club...Sotx also have some light and yet powerful rackets...There are many good rackets on the market and you should test before you buy anything...everyone has a little different style and what is good for you may not be good for your friend...Teoky has a lot of rackets and is a good source of info....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awatz View Post
    If it is already strung then you can not know the factory bp...you can come close if you add the weight of the string to the grip so that it is the same...usually one replacement grip is the same as the string...balance the racket on a pencil and then measure from the butt to this point and that will be your 29.0 or about....28.5 is headlite and 29.5 is headheavy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    Yes I got it from there but they do string at tensions exceeding 24lbs as I got another M75 from them which wasn't prestrung and I specify 26lbs and they did it.

I guess it depends on the recommended manufacturer's tension which in the case of Karakal is 16 - 30lbs.
    thanks for your reply. interesting news to me. will check with anne and soon an.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    Hi, Sunny, how much shipping cost for sending over to Singapore for Tattoo M-Tec 80 ?
    Shipping air express is 14.00 usd to Singapore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed Karakal today and they say the M-Tec 80 only comes in one BP. I'm confused now. Can somebody please clear this up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All karakals come in a range op bp, like the mtec 80 is 290-300mm in balance.
    So, yes, there's only one version, but always with slight variation (no big deal, all brands have this)

What Karakalkat is trying to say is there's difference between the ones that are 290 and thos that are 300.

In my honest opinion, there's really no big difference between these so-called 'versions'
    I have 4 mtec80T, they all feel the same...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    I emailed Karakal today and they say the M-Tec 80 only comes in one BP. I'm confused now. Can somebody please clear this up?
    When a distributor orders 200 of one model they can get this racket in their preferred bp...our M-80 standard are all ordered with 285 bp and small england flag on the shaft...Most of Karakal rackets are very standardized at 290...The Tattoo is the only one that has all 3 balance points...I suspect that is because it is limited edition model....Next year we will have the Revo made in 280 bp because the factory has told us this one is safe to make in such a headlite bp...(normal bp for headlite is 285) the factory will not make headlite unless they can do it and keep the frame strength...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received my Tattoo this morning (Sat) from Sunny, this is fast and excellent service as I just ordered it on Thursday morning.

Man, it is a really nice looking racquet, it looks way better in the flesh than in the picture.

I got mine in 295mm BP, was hoping to get a 300mm BP but no stock. However, it looks so nice that I probably wouldn't want to use it but to keep it and admire it as I do have a normal MTEC 80 though that is in 288mm BP (with string and grip).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@teoky
    can you help me ? How stiff Mtec 80 Tatoo compare to ti-10 ? Thx be4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    @teoky
    can you help me ? How stiff Mtec 80 Tatoo compare to ti-10 ? Thx be4
    The Tattoo is the same as the regular MTEC 80 in terms of stiffness which means it is mid stiff at most. The main difference is that it has a lovely design, nothing else.

I have a 1st edition Ti10 and it is definitely not as stiff. But it plays very well, like the regular MTEC 80 and if you get the head heavy Tattoo, bp of 295mm or 300mm (if can find), the power is very good !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    cool, thanks a lot.....my next list hehehehehee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Karakal Mtec80 tattoo

to Danstevens, its certain that Karakal have progressed in the sport of badminton and as you said the mtec80 Tattoo is definately the best looking racket in its league. If you are an attacking player i would recommend one of the lightest rackets in the sl series. Although the mtec80 tattoo will make you stand out on the court and make you look more recognisable, the tattoo will certainly turn heads. I'm sure that Karakal rackets will supply you with the best racket and most suited to you.
    many thanks
    Scottstano
    Last edited by scottstano; 01-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottstano View Post
    to Danstevens, its certain that Karakal have progressed in the sport of badminton and as you said the mtec80 Tattoo is definately the best looking racket in its league. If you are an attacking player i would recommend one of the lightest rackets in the sl series. Although the mtec80 tattoo will make you stand out on the court and make you look more recognisable, the tattoo will certainly turn heads. I'm sure that Karakal rackets will supply you with the best racket and most suited to you.
    many thanks
    Scottstano
    Oh, Hi Scott.

This thread is old now and you know I bought a couple of MTec 70s . Glad to see you round here though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast