Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo limited edition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Danstevens, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, do any of you own the Karakal M-Tec 80 tattoo limited edition and what do you think of it? I received an order form from Karakal today, but I don't know what rackets to go for. I think the tattoo is easily the best looking racket on Earth but that's not what matters. I'm an attacking player and I prefer the iso head shape to ovals so could someone please recommend me a Karakal racket or give a review of the M-Tec 80 tattoo?

Thanks in advance, Daniel

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, it's an iso, so that shouldn't be the problem...
    furthermore, it's an even-balance (maybe slightly headheavy) 3U, medium-stiff racket...
    It's the perfect allrounder :p

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I own a MTEC 80 (normal version) and I think it is a great racquet !

Quite surprise at the level of performance it has taking into account the price you pay for it. Pretty good at both offence and defence and suitable for doubles.

If you are looking for more power and play Singles more, look at the MTEC 85 instead. From my experience, you need to string it at least 26lbs for it to perform. My MTEC 80 came prestrung at 22lbs and it didn't work well.

4. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    The Tattoo is the same frame as the M-Tec 80....The rackets can be had in 3 balance points depending on your needs...
    Ask your dealer to sell you the (balance point) one you want not just whatever they pick up first....they also may not even know this fact as most distributor dont check bp when rackets arrive from factory...This racket is very durable with great control and touch...
    The Tattoo in headheavy balance is very powerful...I have not had the chance to test it head to head against the M-Tec 85...This (M85) is what all our sponsor singles players use and say the power is there even when they are tired....If you need more information or help contact me at info@giadinhsports.com or PM me...Good Luck and you wont go wrong with either one...Of course I am a bit biased on Karakal:D:D:D

5. Danstevens

Student
    So, Karakalkat, you're saying that if I ask them to send a head heavy M80 Tattoo, they'll do it? That sounds great. I might find somewhere to try out the M80 headheavy and the M85 and see which one I prefer. I'd gathered the tattoo was the same as the normal M80 but it looks nicer and more unique; not essential, but turning heads whilst playing is nice.

Thanks everyone.

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The M80 Tattoo in head heavy should be great ! Except of course the premium you have to pay over the M85.

I myself thinking of getting a head heavy M80 Tattoo, just wondering if the defensive capability won't be as good as the M85.

#6 teoky, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  7. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    It all depends on your distributor or dealer...if they are willing to bp their rackets then they are good dealer...if they dont know what you are talking about just contact me and I can send you one in headheavy....:)

8. Danstevens

Student
    Great. I'll find out and if I can't get one in headheavy, I'll contact you.

9. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Karakal M-Tec 80Tattoo

Hi Kaeakalkat,
    Can u state what is the actual bp for the headheavy Karakal M-Tec Tatoo please. Thank u.
    Lee:D

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I know the answer to that ! The 3 BP are 290, 295 and 300 !

11. charleslml

charleslml Regular Member

bro teoky,

how much is the M-Tec 80 Tattoo?

Total weight how much?

Thanks!

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Charleslml, need karakalkat to answer those questions.

13. charleslml

bro teoky,

since you're so familiar with Karakal in SG. the sports shop that u mentioned before near your office there do they selling any M-Tec Tattoo?

What would you recommend me for Karakal brand racket? I'm consider new and power is not enough. Would like to have a racket that can generate power easier and light that can smash/clear to baseline easily.

Thanks!

14. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I don't think there's any M80 Tattoo in Singapore as that's a limited edition.

My friend tried my M75 and M80 and she prefer the M75, she thought it easier to generate power with it, though for me the M80 more power, so maybe you can consider the M75 since you are new and will need a lighter racquet.

However, the Karakal only comes alive at 26lbs and above and if you are a new player, that tension is going to be tough for you.

Or you can consider other brands like Victor, Carlton, Prince etc ?

15. charleslml

thx bro teoky...

i have 1 prince oversize diva (quite ok for me) and i saw online there is prince o3 and the frame seems like nice...

can get in SG?

thanks for your help!

16. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Karakal Tattoo price

The Tattoo is 80usd and the M-Tec 80 is 60usd...The weight is 80grams without grip or string...
    M-Tec 70 (70 grams) and M-Tec 75 (75 grams) Revo 76 & 77 are thin frame like the ArcSaber...If you are doubles player the M-Tec 80 in headlite is powerful and great defense...The Tattoo comes in 3 bp so you can get power or defense balance point..Our M-Tec 80 only comes in Headlite balance...Our sponsored singles players all use the M-Tec 85 saying it generates a lot of power even when they are tired...Try to test them first to see what is best for your style...If you are coming to Vietnam anytime you can test all models at our club...Sotx also have some light and yet powerful rackets...There are many good rackets on the market and you should test before you buy anything...everyone has a little different style and what is good for you may not be good for your friend...Teoky has a lot of rackets and is a good source of info....:)

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Prince racquet pretty easy to use due to the oversize head. That same shop that I mentioned has the Prince M+ series also (good discount) and you can consider that too.

As far as I know, Prince O3 not launched in Singapore, I have only seen it once at a shop but someone bought it and it may be a sample unit.

18. awatz

awatz Regular Member

i got the tatoo for around US$52. bought it from the owner of the court i play in. i got a discount :D.
    how can i tell if if my tatoo is headlight or headheavy? the balance point printed on the head says 29-30.

19. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo

Hi awatz,
    It is a very good price for this racket.;)Try this racket and give us yr review,ok? Thanks.
    Lee:D

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    did u get it from sports report? its a pity they do not string badminton rackets at tensions exceeding 24lbs.