User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah oops sorry! what are those like how are you getting on with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here has any experience playing with the M Tec 80, 85 and 90 series rackets? please share your thoughts here on these 3 models, as i happen to find a place selling all 3 types with no price differences...thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the 85 and the 80, I picked the 80.
    The 80 is a medium-stiff, aerodynamically shaped, slightly headheavy 3U racket, and a conventional isometric.
    The 85 to me, in comparison, was even balanced, heavier, slower, not more powerfull, and the headshape is a weird sort of iso/oval hybrid...

Haven't tried the 90, but if you ask me, you're better off with the 70/75/80 of the series...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know Karakal has a MTEC 90, even on their website, it wasn't shown though there are 2 online store in UK that showed the MTEC 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's being discontinued, it's not in the 2008-2009 catalogue either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I didn't know Karakal has a MTEC 90, even on their website, it wasn't shown though there are 2 online store in UK that showed the MTEC 90.
    you can find all 3 types at mustafa center...
    i'm not sure what's the prices like in the shops outside, and dont be surprised by mustafa's prices too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know Mustafa has Karakal ! I will go check it out !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know Mustafa has Karakal ! I will go check it out !
    they have very limited range and quantities available, so no high expectations though. you mentioned that the MTec 80 comes alive with string tensions above 26lbs. currently my rackets (W7i, Boonsak 6900 & MP99) are all strung using either bg80 or nbg98 at 23 x 25 lbs tension, will the M Tec 80 be "woken up" at this string tension? thanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    they have very limited range and quantities available, so no high expectations though. you mentioned that the MTec 80 comes alive with string tensions above 26lbs. currently my rackets (W7i, Boonsak 6900 & MP99) are all strung using either bg80 or nbg98 at 23 x 25 lbs tension, will the M Tec 80 be "woken up" at this string tension? thanks...
    Wow ! You got some nice racquets there ! Rare to see a Gosen 6900 in Singapore, I was tempted to get it from Bangkok and those models you have are all stiff racquets.

Well, my MTEC 80 came with 22lbs which was really bad, and I had to restring to 26lbs which was my usual playing tension and the difference is really quite startling !

I have not tried the MTEC 80 at the tension you mentioned before, but maybe you can give it a try and let us know ?
    Last edited by teoky; 01-02-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow ! You got some nice racquets there ! Rare to see a Gosen 6900 in Singapore, I was tempted to get it from Bangkok and those models you have are all stiff racquets.

Well, my MTEC 80 came with 22lbs which was really bad, and I had to restring to 26lbs which was my usual playing tension and the difference is really quite startling !

I have not tried the MTEC 80 at the tension you mentioned before, but maybe you can give it a try and let us know ?
    actually my gosen 6900 was bought locally used from mongoose, was fortunate enough to hunt 1pc from him....
    - what string were you using at 22lbs initially when u had the MTec 80?
    - what string are you using now at 26lbs that wake up the racket?
    are MTec 85 / 90 too heavy to your liking, thus not powerful enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's the Gosen 6900 ? Always wanted to give Gosen a try but always end up trying other brand instead of Gosen ;p

The original string was Ashaway Micro Legend if I remember correctly ? I am now using BG66@26lbs, which is my favourite string and favourite tension.

Well, I saw from the forum that the MTEC 80 is most suitable for my style of playing and I didn't see any MTEC 90.

I just came back from Mustafa and indeed they have MTEC 90 ! I believe it to be very old model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's the Gosen 6900 ? Always wanted to give Gosen a try but always end up trying other brand instead of Gosen ;p

The original string was Ashaway Micro Legend if I remember correctly ? I am now using BG66@26lbs, which is my favourite string and favourite tension.

Well, I saw from the forum that the MTEC 80 is most suitable for my style of playing and I didn't see any MTEC 90.

I just came back from Mustafa and indeed they have MTEC 90 ! I believe it to be very old model.
    the gosen 6900 plays quite well, but not as powerful as the W7i though. like the W7i more..
    so i guess its the ML string thats making the MTec 80 sleeps...so you reckon the MTec 80 is better in terms of better attacking power and defence over the MTec 85/90 models? and are the prices of the karakal rackets at mustafa worth buying?
    Last edited by alana07; 01-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    the gosen 6900 plays quite well, but not as powerful as the W7i though. like the W7i more..
    so i guess its the ML string thats making the MTec 80 sleeps...so you reckon the MTec 80 is better in terms of better attacking power and defence over the MTec 85/90 models? and are the prices of the karakal rackets at mustafa worth buying?
    I have never tried the 85/90 before but I think it is more for singles. I play mainly doubles and singles when the need arises (when people challenge me !), the MTEC 80 can fulfill both roles adequately.

If you want to get Karakal racquets, go to Sports Report at OUB Centre, their price there is slightly cheaper and for some of their Karakal, it is unstrung so that you can chose which string and what tension you want, whereas all the racquets at Mustafa already strung and it feels like 22/23lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never tried the 85/90 before but I think it is more for singles. I play mainly doubles and singles when the need arises (when people challenge me !), the MTEC 80 can fulfill both roles adequately.

If you want to get Karakal racquets, go to Sports Report at OUB Centre, their price there is slightly cheaper and for some of their Karakal, it is unstrung so that you can chose which string and what tension you want, whereas all the racquets at Mustafa already strung and it feels like 22/23lbs.
    alrite, i'll drop by Sports Report to take a look then. btw do they open on weekends?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    how much shipping cost for sending over to Singapore for Tattoo M-Tec 80 ?
    Just to let you know this racquet is now available at Sports Report, 4th Level OUB Centre (above Raffles Place MRT) but did not check pricing. fyi the racket has a matte finishing and the paintjob doesnt look as good as the photos on the Karakal website imho. The frame profile is also different from the M-Tec 80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. They are selling it for S$119 with additional 25% discount.

What do you mean the frame profile is different ? I am comparing it with my MTEC 80 and it looks the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I have the MTEC 85 and it is really good ! Initially I was worried that it may be too heavy but surprisingly it stills move well and the power is definitely better than the MTEC 80.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast