User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 148
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you all!

    If the m-tec 80 is 90 grams, than I will go for the m-tec 75 that I already know is about 83-85 grams with grip and string but more head-heavy and stiffer... It is the same length I suppose...

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im a weak player, and i feel that Mtec 80 is still light weight....i afraid iuf u chooses mtec 75 it ll be to light for you

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Excellent. So you got an MTec 85 for 22 delivered? That's great.
    Well, collected my mtec-85 from royal mail earlier, was suprised how big the box was!! the box was large enough to hold a small plasma television !!

    Ive not too long come back from bowling so Ive taken three quick pictures but looking at the racquet it looks like iv purchased it at half the price (22) so im happy, nice paint work on the racquet too and it feels very study

    I play next Monday, very much looking forward to trying it out next week
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by mrdunkleysexy; 02-18-2009 at 03:21 PM.

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasho View Post
    Thank you all!

    If the m-tec 80 is 90 grams, than I will go for the m-tec 75 that I already know is about 83-85 grams with grip and string but more head-heavy and stiffer... It is the same length I suppose...
    The weight of Karakal rackets is also the model number....M-Tec 70 is 70 gram,,,M-Tec 80 is 80gram etc....the M-Tec 75 is good choice and the shaft is same as M-Tec 80 8.5-9.0.....You really might consider the Revo 76 or 77...the frame is same as Arcsaber very thin and does not use the Muscle Tec design...

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Grab a scale, it's a well-known fact that the "70 grams" is actuallly "70 grams frame weight" (even says so on the racket itself).

    an mtec 80 is 80grams when you remove the grip and the string. gripped and strung my mtec80's come in at around 88-90 grams. which pretty much matches how heavy they feel compared to yonex rackets (a slightly headheavy 3U).

    Don't worry, the mtec70 is still light as heck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdunkleysexy View Post
    Well, collected my mtec-85 from royal mail earlier, was suprised how big the box was!! the box was large enough to hold a small plasma television !!

    Ive not too long come back from bowling so Ive taken three quick pictures but looking at the racquet it looks like iv purchased it at half the price (22) so im happy, nice paint work on the racquet too and it feels very study

    I play next Monday, very much looking forward to trying it out next week
    That's the new paint job as well, isn't it? You got a great deal and I'm sure you'll love the racket.

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    That's the new paint job as well, isn't it? You got a great deal and I'm sure you'll love the racket.
    yep its the new paint job, the paint work on it is excellent

    thanks for all you advise dan and karakalkat

    I played with the racquet for the first time on monday night, mixed doubles for nearly two hours and from playing with it for that session I reckon I have myself a bargain for the price I paid

    From a defense point of few this racquet suits my style but is still head heavy so my smashing and baseline shots are not compromised

    Its gonna take me a few more sessions to get used to but I will be restringing it sometime next month but for now the stock strings will do, it also came with a nice sticky karakal PU grip which I also use on my other racquet

    Will more than likely add another karakal racquet to my collection in the future no doubt, very pleased

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berkeley California
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Grab a scale, it's a well-known fact that the "70 grams" is actuallly "70 grams frame weight" (even says so on the racket itself).

    an mtec 80 is 80grams when you remove the grip and the string. gripped and strung my mtec80's come in at around 88-90 grams. which pretty much matches how heavy they feel compared to yonex rackets (a slightly headheavy 3U).

    Don't worry, the mtec70 is still light as heck
    Hey Jerby, do you add an overgrip to your racquets? I find that my racquets tend to weigh about 6-7 grams more that listed weight after stringing and overgripping.

    I find that 85g and 285mm balance is a pretty good starting point for defense and power for me (91-92g strung and overgripped) but it sounds like the MTec 80 might be a little bit lighter than that. And then the MTec 85 would be a little bit heavy at 93-95 grams

    I was thinking about the MTec 80 or Tattoo but now I'm wondering if they might be a little bit light. How would you compare their power to other racquets you've reviewed like the CP5000 or the Woven 7?

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Karakal New Rackets

    Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    Hey Jerby, do you add an overgrip to your racquets? I find that my racquets tend to weigh about 6-7 grams more that listed weight after stringing and overgripping.

    I find that 85g and 285mm balance is a pretty good starting point for defense and power for me (91-92g strung and overgripped) but it sounds like the MTec 80 might be a little bit lighter than that. And then the MTec 85 would be a little bit heavy at 93-95 grams

    I was thinking about the MTec 80 or Tattoo but now I'm wondering if they might be a little bit light. How would you compare their power to other racquets you've reviewed like the CP5000 or the Woven 7?
    Karakal is coming out with some new rackets called M-Tec 70 Gel, Tour Gel, Tour lite, M-Tec 75 Tattoo, Aerospeed 888 and Aerospeed 777....
    When you are comparing rackets try to use the factory weight and bp because it is so easy to change these numbers with string and grips...some grips weigh more than others...We have the M-Tec 85 in headlite balance and for me (arm swing player) I get more power with it than the even balance one....but our sponsored players get more power with the even balance....
    The CP5000 comes in 82-88 gram weight
    The Woven 7 comes in 89-93 gram weight

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    Karakal is coming out with some new rackets called M-Tec 70 Gel, Tour Gel, Tour lite, M-Tec 75 Tattoo, Aerospeed 888 and Aerospeed 777....
    When you are comparing rackets try to use the factory weight and bp because it is so easy to change these numbers with string and grips...some grips weigh more than others...We have the M-Tec 85 in headlite balance and for me (arm swing player) I get more power with it than the even balance one....but our sponsored players get more power with the even balance....
    The CP5000 comes in 82-88 gram weight
    The Woven 7 comes in 89-93 gram weight
    Care to explain more about the Tour rackets? Actually, I'm quite interested in the MTec 70 gel as well.

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    Hey Jerby, do you add an overgrip to your racquets? I find that my racquets tend to weigh about 6-7 grams more that listed weight after stringing and overgripping.

    I find that 85g and 285mm balance is a pretty good starting point for defense and power for me (91-92g strung and overgripped) but it sounds like the MTec 80 might be a little bit lighter than that. And then the MTec 85 would be a little bit heavy at 93-95 grams

    I was thinking about the MTec 80 or Tattoo but now I'm wondering if they might be a little bit light. How would you compare their power to other racquets you've reviewed like the CP5000 or the Woven 7?
    I wrap a karakal PU grip on the wood, no overgrips.
    Every other brand sets their weight at unstrung+standard grip, only karakal does it unstrung+ugripped. So I just weigh with the grip added

    strung+overgrip, the mtec80 would be something like 90-91 grams.
    Compared to my w7 it's lighter (but just as headheavy), my cp5k is marginally lighter, but really just as small difference.

    -Jerry

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    I wrap a karakal PU grip on the wood, no overgrips.
    Every other brand sets their weight at unstrung+standard grip, only karakal does it unstrung+ugripped. So I just weigh with the grip added

    strung+overgrip, the mtec80 would be something like 90-91 grams.
    Compared to my w7 it's lighter (but just as headheavy), my cp5k is marginally lighter, but really just as small difference.

    -Jerry
    I am not concerned as to which companies weight is with or without string and grip....As stated before, different grips weigh different...If you want to compare exactly do it without the grip and string...If you want to know the true BP it must be done without grip and string....The factories (according to the 4 that I work with) when checking their rackets do not check them with the grip on...but rather at the time of adding the wood handle as this gives them the balance point they want in relation to the length....thats why its so hard to get exactly the same weight, length and BP...one time the racket is exactly as advertised and the next time its not...very difficult for them...Karakal is very good in this respect with 99% of their rackets coming in exactly the same...When we receive a new shipment we check the BP of all racket and write it on the plastic....

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Karakal Gel rackets

    Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Care to explain more about the Tour rackets? Actually, I'm quite interested in the MTec 70 gel as well.
    I will be getting my sample set soon and let you know how they test...If you like you can contact me at info@giadinhsports.com and I will send you the pictures..The graphics are much different than anything they have done before...I am waiting for an explanation on what the GEL is...

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    I will be getting my sample set soon and let you know how they test...If you like you can contact me at info@giadinhsports.com and I will send you the pictures..The graphics are much different than anything they have done before...I am waiting for an explanation on what the GEL is...
    Thanks.

    ( minimum character thing)

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonder if the gel thingy same as Dunlop aerogel ? A material which is very light and very strong.

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Karakalkat, I'm emailing you now. Will you please send me pictures of your new racquets? Especially the M Tec 70 gel and 75 Tattoo.
    Last edited by Destricto_Ense; 03-07-2009 at 08:33 AM.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi everyone. I got my new Karakal catalogue today. It's definitely an improvement over the old one. There's some new clothing with a system that is meant to make movement easier and freer. It all looks good aesthetically too.

    There are a lot of new rackets, as Sunny said. The MTec 75 is essentially last year's MTec 75 but mostly blue other than when it fades to white near to the top of the head. Like all the tattoo rackets, it has tribal patterns on. IMHO, it doesn't look as nice as the MTec 80 tattoo (which appears to have been discontinued along with the normal MTec 80 and MTec 85 - this is probably due to the new tour series). I expect this paint redesign may be a grower. If you liked the MTec 80 tattoo, I think you may be a little disappointed but I'd expect that opinion to change - the MTec 75 tattoo seems to look better every time I look at its picture. Oh and the MTec 75 has gel. I suppose this is to be expected as all the other high end Karakals do now.

    The only other MTec this time round is the MTec 70. It has a new technology, which as Sunny mentioned, is called gel. It still has its 70 gram frameweight but may be more forgiving than the old MTec 70 because it has gel. Karakal say: "When this [gel system] is combined with Nano graphite and titanium, it makes and incredibly strong frame so when the ball strikes it absorbs and disperses the impact over the entire frame". The paintjob on the new MTec 70 is gorgeous - white and black. It has a sort of tribal pattern and overall, looks incredible.

    The SL-70 has also received a new paintjob and gel technology. The paintjob is the most striking thing about this revamp - it seems to be silver/grey (it looks a little shiny in the catalogue but I haven't seen it in the flesh yet). This sounds very ordinary, and it is. However, one side of the head is blue and the other red. It's a really nice looking racket. On the T-joint, there appears to be a new design. Instead of the usual Karakal logo, the SL series rackets have the same logo as some of the Karakal squash rackets. It says nano.

    The SL-80 also benefits from gel this year. Other than that, it appears to be the same SL-80 (gel could make a big difference though, I haven't got my hands on a gel racket yet). The shaft is essentially plain black with a small SL-80 logo thing on it. The head is white and red with a little black. Very nice looking racket on the whole. It has the nano logo in place of the Karakal one, much like the SL-70.

    The MTec 80 and MTec 85 seem to have been eliminated to be replaced by the Tour series. This consists of the Tour gel and Tour lite gel. The Tour lite gel has a frameweight of 84 grams. It is mainly the grey colour that the MTec 70 had last year with some black and blue on the head. It's not a bad looking racket at all. It will be a decent enough price for those of you who aren't sponsored - I can see the tour series being really popular. The Tour lite gel will be a mid to heavy 3U weight with everything on it.

    The Tour gel is only 2 grams heavier than the lite gel with a frameweight of 86 grams. I would imagine that when it's strung and gripped, it'll be a light to mid weight 2U. The shaft is the same thickness and taper as the lite gel so I wonder if the material used in the Tour gel is a bit denser than the Tour lite gel. It might not be, I just can't see where the 2 grams will be added. I hope they've been added on the head . For some reason, it looks like something Wilson would make, maybe it's all the red. It also looks a little like a Yonex Arc 10 due to the white and red pattern on the head. The Tour gel is going to be an awesome racket. It seems to have good specs and will be a very good price for you guys. Due to only being 2 grams heavier than the Tour lite gel and a fair bit more expensive, I would imagine the Tour gel will be the one people go for. I certainly am! I think I'll order one or two to try out.

    For the people in Asia, Karakal have an extended racket line-up. All the others described above (I think) and the Revo series. These are the Revo M-76 and Revo M-77. They have frameweights of 76 and 77 grams respectively. Sunny will know more about pricing but I can tell you that they're likely to be very good value. Both have really nice paintjobs. The designs are the same but the M-76 have blue tints whereas the M-77 has red ones.

    The CBX low end range has also been revamped paintwise. I doubt many of you will be too interested in this though so I won't bother to explain about it. If you want to know anything, send me a PM, add me on MSN or email me (same as the address I use for MSN).

    I hope that has helped at least somebody. I'm very excited about these new rackets and when I get my Tour gel or Tour gels, I'll give a review.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: WTB Karakal Tattoo Mtec 80
    By criteria in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 04-05-2014, 02:44 AM
  2. FS: KARAKAL MT-80-Tattoo (limited edition)
    By jerby in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-02-2010, 05:31 AM
  3. WTS / WTT Karakal Mtec 80 Tattoo
    By gsloh in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 10
    : 03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
  4. WTS Karakal Mtec 80 limited edition Tattoo (uK)
    By Babyface in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 5
    : 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
  5. FS: Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo Limited Edition
    By azbad in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 03-02-2009, 12:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •