User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reviews Danstevens, eagerly awaiting your scans now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    Thanks for the reviews Danstevens, eagerly awaiting your scans now.
    The email has been composed. The images are taking ages to upload but expect your email in a few minutes. I will also upload the images Sunny emailed me to BCF so all you guys can enjoy them. If anyone else wants the pages from the catalogue with the new clothing or rackets, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send them as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below are some of Karakal's new rackets. You have Sunny (Karakalkat) to thank for these - I just uploaded them for him as he's rather busy at the moment and probably has more important things to do. Anyway, enjoy

Top left is the MTec 70 gel, top right the MTec 75 tattoo, bottom left the Tour gel and bottom right the Tour Gel lite.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dan, thanks for the email. Seeing as you've posted the images here I thought I might as well post here instead of PM.
    I like the look of the new Karakal racquets, but to be honest I still prefer the look of the 80 tattoo rather than 75. Now that it's dis continued perhaps I'll be able to get it cheaper (like I did with my MP99). I'm also surprised you have an Arc 10.. aren't you like 15??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dan, thanks for the email. Seeing as you've posted the images here I thought I might as well post here instead of PM.
    I like the look of the new Karakal racquets, but to be honest I still prefer the look of the 80 tattoo rather than 75. Now that it's dis continued perhaps I'll be able to get it cheaper (like I did with my MP99). I'm also surprised you have an Arc 10.. aren't you like 15??
    Indeed I am but I'm an advanced player and I value my badminton experience lol.

I agree that the MTec 80 tattoo looks better than the new 75. I was hoping that they'd give the MTec 75 tattoo the old 80's paintjob. That would've been fantastic. You may get a good price on the MTec 80 tattoo (and I would highly recommend that racket), making it even better value. One of my friends has it and I've hit with it before. It's very easy to play with - much, much easier than the Arcsaber 10 or MTec 70 (my current racket).

Also, is there any reason you want to change your MP99?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Also, is there any reason you want to change your MP99?
    Because some spannerhead of a beginner hit my racquet right in the middle of the shaft with his own racquet and it's been wobbly ever since. Just got some nice new strings for it, hopefully that'll extend the lifespan a bit longer.. but I've been hankering for a Karakal M Tec 70 for a while, and now an Arc Saber 10 ever since I hefted one over at the All England.. absolutely beautiful racquet in terms of feel.
    I don't know if it's paranoia, but I'm definitely getting a weird vibration off my racquet ever since that incident.

Here are some pics- It seems to be just paint that has come off the shaft, but it was quite a bit of paint as you can see, and I'm worried it may have cracked something in the core of the shaft. Like internal bleeding, I guess. I've only had the racquet since December, and I love it, and now it's been discontinued. But the ARC10 just felt so elegant in comparison, it really was a cut above.

[There should be two thumbnails above, please let me know if you can or can't see them]

Edit: just checked the size of the scrape - for scale, it's about the same size as a 2 sterling coin in diameter. That's about an inch I guess.
    Last edited by Destricto_Ense; 03-07-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! The paint jobs on the M-Tec 70 Gel and the M-Tec 75 Tattoo are very nice. I feel some regret of having ordered the M-Tec 70 only a few months ago. I missed out on that awesome paint job, hah, bad karma. The M-Tec 70 is a great racket though, extremely stable and powerful, despite its weight. I was eyeing Karakal's new tennis rackets too they have a Tour Tattoo Gel and a Tattoo Gel. It looks very nice, although I doubt to ever have the chance to demo one in Canada. Sunny, do you know anyone near you that distributes the Karakal Tennis rackets? Anyways apart that, back to badminton!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got my catalogue throught oday and there seems to be numerous new designs and racquets.
    i was a little dissapointed with the mtc 80 tattoo as it didjt suit my play, good racquet regardless, but wasnt really for me. ended up using my arsaber 10 for a while whilst trying to adjust to the tattoo, but it just wasnt happening. the racquet was too headlight for me.
    karakalkat, danstevens, could you give a review once you tried the new racquets.
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    got my catalogue throught oday and there seems to be numerous new designs and racquets.
    i was a little dissapointed with the mtc 80 tattoo as it didjt suit my play, good racquet regardless, but wasnt really for me. ended up using my arsaber 10 for a while whilst trying to adjust to the tattoo, but it just wasnt happening. the racquet was too headlight for me.
    karakalkat, danstevens, could you give a review once you tried the new racquets.
    cheers
    I'm ordering the Tour gel (or gels maybe lol) either today or tomorrow. The SL series rackets look very tempting too. Everything is too nice. I love the look of the new MTec 70 and to a certain extent, the MTec 75 tattoo. Visually, they're a huge improvement over last year's line up. It's Ricky isn't it? I think you may be more at home with one of the Tour series.

Destricto_Ense, whether it's all in the mind or not, that's a pretty ugly piece of damage. I am very sorry to see such a nice racket maimed like that by a beginner. Again, I think you should have a look at the Tour gel or Tour gel lite. From the specs, they look most ex-Yonex user friendly. I'll compare it to the MTec 70 and Arc10 in my review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, had a look through it myself as well (the digital version, I didn't get a print).

The mtec70 / 75Tattoo both look stunning...Too bad they're both just too light for me to play singles with

Hope my mtec80Tattoo's hold up, because they'r beeing discontinued. I'd love to test out those Tour-Gel's though (hope they're a bit headheavy).

The only thing I think is a shame is the so called "flex cap" or something.... I have to grip over over, because otherwise it starts squeeking when I smash or do a wristshot...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Change the oil

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    well, had a look through it myself as well (the digital version, I didn't get a print).

The mtec70 / 75Tattoo both look stunning...Too bad they're both just too light for me to play singles with

Hope my mtec80Tattoo's hold up, because they'r beeing discontinued. I'd love to test out those Tour-Gel's though (hope they're a bit headheavy).

The only thing I think is a shame is the so called "flex cap" or something.... I have to grip over over, because otherwise it starts squeeking when I smash or do a wristshot...
    Seriously, sometimes a little oil works (easy if you have an old syringe) to stop the squeek...Even though I dont like them either, they do serve a purpose...it allows the shaft to be longer before making solid contact with anything other than the grip itself...I see the logic however slight the advantage is...

I wish I could afford to order 200 in each balance point but just dont have the capital to do it...Maybe one of these days I will contact the other distributors to work out a combined order....sure would be nice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    Seriously, sometimes a little oil works (easy if you have an old syringe) to stop the squeek...Even though I dont like them either, they do serve a purpose...it allows the shaft to be longer before making solid contact with anything other than the grip itself...I see the logic however slight the advantage is...

I wish I could afford to order 200 in each balance point but just dont have the capital to do it...Maybe one of these days I will contact the other distributors to work out a combined order....sure would be nice...
    LOL 200 in each balance point. Saying that, I suppose you have an excuse with being a distributor and all.

I'd love to order (at least) one of each new racket but just couldn't justify it. I'll just go for the Tour gel for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious - if someone've seen or heard about any fake Karakal rackets?
    Because of this:
    Click!
    Pretty tempting, though I was about to order M-Tec 80

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tape my grip up the the '8' in the "tattoo limited edition Mtec 80" on the shaft. it works
    But oil is a nice way to do it as wel

But, just being a player myself. When will the new clothing and rackets get distributed to all the country's? Is everything 'already set in motion'?
    (because, from my experience with sotx, the new rackets would be set up to be 'new' but not available for another month... And yonex always gets a limited sample of all the new stuff in march, but no full availability for another month or so)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tape my grip up the the '8' in the "tattoo limited edition Mtec 80" on the shaft. it works

But, just being a player myself. When will the new clothing and rackets get distributed to all the country's? Is everything 'already set in motion'?
    (because, from my experience with sotx, the new rackets would be set up to be 'new' but not available for another month... And yonex always gets a limited sample of all the new stuff in march, but no full availability for another month or so)
    I hope they're distributed soon/now. I'm ordering tomorrow and I know I won't be able to contain my excitement.

Sasho, that MTec 75 looks fine. It's last year's one but there's nothing wrong with the 2008 MTec 75 at all. If you're sure it's not too light, go ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing being sent out now is the distributors samples...I even tried to get 3 sets and couldnt....
    Delivery is set for May so its not so far off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karakalkat View Post
    The only thing being sent out now is the distributors samples...I even tried to get 3 sets and couldnt....
    Delivery is set for May so its not so far off
    May????

That seems like a lifetime away lol. I'll still send my order and see when I receive it. Either way I'll be one of the first to get the Tour gel.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast