User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    Thank you very much Teoky!

Has anyone played with the Mtec75 and the Mtec80 that is willing to compare them? That cheap Mtec75 on ebay keeps tempting me
    I have played with an MTec 70 and an MTec 80 if that helps.

You certainly feel the extra 10 grams curb weight of the MTec 80 but it's still a really light racket. Very user friendly also. I think you'll find the MTec 80 to be easier to use and if you're a beginner, that could be important. If you''re intermediate or above, you'll have no trouble with the MTec 75 either. Overall, both are very capable rackets and either way, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry for scaring you about the MTec 80's demise .

If I renew my sponsorship with Karakal (and that is a big if), I shall definitely be ordering some Tour Gels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone played with the Mtec75 and the Mtec80 that is willing to compare them? That cheap Mtec75 on ebay keeps tempting me
    M-Tec 75 is same racket as the M-Tec 70 only 5 grams more weight...same frame exactly...There is no comparison in the play of these two rackets...the 75 is defensive same as the 70....the 80 is (in 28.5 bp) super defense and still has strong smash...control with the 80 is also better...dont let the price tempt you unless you want a purely defensive racket...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both racquets and my vote goes to Mtec80. I feel that the 5grams difference is not really noticeable, so the important factor is how the racquets fare in actual play and for me the Mtec80 beats the Mtec75 in this respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    I have played with an MTec 70 and an MTec 80 if that helps.

You certainly feel the extra 10 grams curb weight of the MTec 80 but it's still a really light racket. Very user friendly also. I think you'll find the MTec 80 to be easier to use and if you're a beginner, that could be important. If you''re intermediate or above, you'll have no trouble with the MTec 75 either. Overall, both are very capable rackets and either way, you won't be disappointed.

Sorry for scaring you about the MTec 80's demise .
    Thanks for the info. I'm definitely not an advanced player, I'll probably like the friendlier racquet

I'm glad to know that KarakalKat will continue to stock the MTec 80.

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I have both racquets and my vote goes to Mtec80. I feel that the 5grams difference is not really noticeable, so the important factor is how the racquets fare in actual play and for me the Mtec80 beats the Mtec75 in this respect.
    Thanks Teoky! I think that based on other racquets I've played with, the Mtec 80 will play better for me also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Haven't visited in a while. My M-Tec 70 is still lasting great with Nanogy 95, best racket I've owned so far. My friend on the other hand already snapped one of the central strings (BG 85) on his M-Tec 70 after only a couple of months. Any word on the tennis rackets KK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Karakal M-Tec 70

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisBT View Post
    Haven't visited in a while. My M-Tec 70 is still lasting great with Nanogy 95, best racket I've owned so far. My friend on the other hand already snapped one of the central strings (BG 85) on his M-Tec 70 after only a couple of months. Any word on the tennis rackets KK?
    Hi...BG 85 does not wear as well as other strings....2 months is not that bad for it...The NEW M-Tec 70 is even better with the new Gel additive....I had no idea they could improve on the old model but they did...
    Glad you enjoy your racket...I know it will serve you well for long time...
    As for Tennis rackets, we are strictly badminton people and dont have the time to get into the Tennis end of Karakal....If there is something you want I am sure to help you get it...

We will have our new web site up soon so give us a visit...

I will do a review of the new rackets next month....

Good luck
    Karakalkat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Oh well...

Was the Gel feature explained previously? If so, I need to do some more reading.

I have been eying various things such as: XS-303, XC-505 (what are the main differences between these two, apart coloring?), x3 trainer socks, crashtape and even some of the larger racket bags.

Lesser importantance: Does anyone have an opinion on Karakal's nylon shuttles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is the Gel used in Karakal new line ???

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisBT View Post
    Oh well...

Was the Gel feature explained previously? If so, I need to do some more reading.

I have been eying various things such as: XS-303, XC-505 (what are the main differences between these two, apart coloring?), x3 trainer socks, crashtape and even some of the larger racket bags.

Lesser importantance: Does anyone have an opinion on Karakal's nylon shuttles?
    Hi...I dont know if I posted this before or not but it is short so here it is....What is the Gel and what is its purpose???

Subject: RE: what is GELs purpose

The Gel starts out as a liquid silicon and when dried becomes a transclucent lite weight very hard material...

Karakal combines Gel, which is a silicon based product, with their other normal materials like Nano graphite , Titanium and their exclusive Nano resin....
    When combined together it produces a frame that distributes the load evenly around the frame on impact....
    This
    even distribution of the load gives you a more responsive racket.....
    It also gives a rock solid feeling on smashing....
    You can actually feel the shuttlecock when doing touch net shots....And drops because of this solid feeling become much more consistent....

The Karakal 303 is a court shoe and the 505 is cross court shoe...

The new Karakal bags suck...they are super lite weight if that is what you want...weighing about 40% less....

X-3 socks are great, super thick and long lasting...

Nylon shuttles are the same as other brands...nothing special...good for practice and if you play with them for some time you get used to them...still the touch and drops etc are just not the same feel...

Karakalkat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, sorry for side track for a while...im currently using Mtec 80(Tattoo)
    Been using it for months and find it quite good.
    However, i read in e previous posts said that the string have to be @ 26lbs which will come "alive"? Becoz mine is @ 22lbs...wondering if i should replace it to 26lbs...and may i know which string is recommended.

~Thank you~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of getting the MTec 80 as a singles racket, from this a see its pretty good on the attacking front. I play quite a few drops in singles and string with BG-80. My normal singles racket is stiff and head heavy, would this do as a slightly more felxiable backup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Karakal

M-Tec 80 Has been discontinued and replaced with Gel models called Tour
    Also having 3 new models called Pure Power will be available in Sept...
    Best Singles racket from Karakal is the Tour....these have been designed mostly
    for Doubles....
    They are headlite balance and added flex..
    If you need info on Karakal contact me at vietthanhsports@gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anyone tell me the BP and frame weight and felx of:

M-Tec 80
    Tour Gel
    M-Tec 70 Gel
    SL 80 Gel

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9