Palm Power

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by tonten, Jul 12, 2002.

1. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    I was thinking before that power came mainly all from the ForeFinger, Thumb, and the Wrist if u are using the forefinger and thumb grip.

And that the Arm and Body adds additional Power

But then now, I am starting to put more "Palm" into my forefinger wrist shots. Do you ever use ur palm to "push" along with ur forefinger as u swing. Is this is what's called "tightening your grip" right when u hit the birdy?

I also find now that I get more angle and speed in my smashes if I hold the racket behind my head and aim, before I smash. I remembered 2 years ago, when I was learning smash, I would always have my racket behind my head before I smash. I think I got lazy over the years as I learned new things. Is this one of the steps in smashing, or do you think it is just my personal perference that helps me when I smash like this?

2. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Palm Pilot for more power?

There's a thought. How abt using a GPS system for more precision as well?

Seriously, tho'... perhaps you can explain in different terms exactly what you mean? What do you mean by forefinger wrist shots?

For many shots, I might intially push the handle forward b4 gripping the grip (squeezing the grip). Is that initial push where you are using your palm? Or is it after or AS you are squeezing? pls clarify.

3. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    Initial Squeezing
    Fore Finger Wrist shots just means u are using the forefinger/thumb grip