badminton club or partner

Discussion in 'UK' started by gamblerKE, Nov 14, 2008.

1. gamblerKE

gamblerKE New Member

waitress
    Hi all, anyone for a game of badminton in Luton area or harpenden? I used to play but havent for a few years and would love to start again

male or female welcome..

i'm 22, male from slovakia and want to get in shape again!

or

i would like to join to any club near by luton area thx

2. CometRich

CometRich Regular Member

Retailer
  3. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    Guys!! Im a 27 yr old male and play of intermediate standard. Im moving to Luton from Stafford on the 1st of Dec for my new job. Ive never been to Luton before! Is badminton big there? Can someone please tell me of good clubs to join and if anyone is interested in just meeting for a game (doubles or singles) then please let me know! I know no one in Luton so would love to meet new ppl through badminton.

Many thanks and look forward to your reply

Zed

4. CometRich

CometRich Regular Member

Retailer
    I'm sure there are plenty of clubs in Luton, I'm slightly out of the area as I play in Hatfield. Depending on your standard we have two different clubs at Comets.

We have Comets Dragons which is for new, improving or players returning to the game. They play in leagues but at a low level. They meet once a week on Tuesdays and matches on Sundays, and also have the benifit of a regular coach.

We also have Comets badminton club which is our senior section and is a competitive club, we have club on Thursdays and Sundays and matches on Tuesdays. We have an entry standard generally for good league players (which can only be assesed when seeing new players at club). As you can see if you visit the league tables section we are currently top of ladies 1, mens 1, mens 2, mixed 1 and mixed 2 divisions, and the largest club in Hertfordshire. (http://www.badmintonhertfordshire.co.uk/default.aspx)

5. gamblerKE

gamblerKE New Member

waitress
    badminton

what day and what time is posible play badmintom at vauxhall badminton club for non member.

6. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    good question! i wanna attend too.. but would really like to play somewhere in luton itself.. im living in the leagrave area off dunstable road.

7. gamblerKE

gamblerKE New Member

waitress
    badminton

hi zeddie we could be meet and have a match(single) if you dont mind but i dont know where we can play.I am new as well in this area i live in luton city centre.

8. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    gamblerKE i am also new to the area! infact I have just moved here today and i dont know anyone or anywhere to play.. i may ring badminton england later to ask about some clubs in the area and will let you know. Yea singles sounds good, but this weekend unfortunately im in london so maybe we can arrange something in the middle of next week or next weekend once i find out where we can play

9. gamblerKE

gamblerKE New Member

waitress
    badminton

That would be perfect.i am looking forward.Let me know thx