If it doesn't rain it pours....

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Matt Ross, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

As you know, i have decided to take badminton full time as of last week, well, it seems thins are now put on hold. If you remember about my injury to the back of my leg in the 'Worst Injury' thread, it has become worse and has not gone. There is a continuous tightning when i lunge, and therefore when i do, i hesitate and my footwork just crumbles. I can move about the court pretty well, but not half as as good as i used to. I have been told by my coach to get 2, maybe 3 weeks rest before the new season starts and see a physio asap. He says if i continously play on it, it'll become worse and could affect my badminton in the long term. With the idea of turning pro, and then taking this badge in August, it couldn't of come at a worse time... :(. A great start.....

Matt

2. AhNgaU

AhNgaU Regular Member

When crap comes.... it comes in buckets.
    But because of all the crap...
    when flowers bloom they bloom together... quote from my cousin.

Don't worry, you'll get over it and be more determined then ever! stay strong!

3. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

So a few decent drop shots or deceptive shots at the net and you run into problems, Matt? Interesting...I'll file that away for future reference. ;)

On injuries - you need to ask if you can defer the course. If not then do it but take it easy. When I did my coaching course there was enough opportunity to rest. Most of it was talking or basic technique - not too strenuous.

Most of the players I have ever known have one or more injuries. I have three things which aren't right with me at the moment. Of course, I'm not about to tell you what they are. :p Remember that you are far more likely to get injured while training than while playing - so alter any techniques that are causing pain.

Meanwhile...if you would kindly injure your wrist before September I would be most grateful! :D