Yonex High End versus Low End

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Carbonlist, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Carbonlist

Carbonlist Regular Member

Student
    I always wondered whether Yonex high end racquets like the 9000, as 10 and 900s differ alot alot alot from their sister racquets...the lower ends..like at 150 or as 7. It almost seems as though a cheaper apacs or sotx racquet (high end) would be better than a low end at the same price.

Tell me what you think.

IMO just go for the high ends (yonex) or buy another brand

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The ARC7 is not low-end, it is still one of the high-end racquets. The Arc9 would be the 'sister' racquet to the ARC10 and 7 :p...

I'll just go for the higher-end racquets because of temptation..

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

this i have to disagree with. i feel that some lower end yonex rackets actually preform very well, and measure up to some of the higher counterparts. its all a matter of what the player themselves want. there are many people who buy cheaper yonex rackets that could school us.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Yonex are too expensive for their performance. Other brands offer similar performance at a cheaper price.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    For Yonex, I consider anything that they manufacture in Japan their high end but that's just me.

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

phandrew, while you have a point, i would think it is important we remember that yonex's prices can be considered reasonable at times, considering some of the SOTX's i have seen. also, yonex is a strong name, its not just the quality, but the fact that they have proven it so much.
    However, i must admit, as i am looking to purchase a new racket, yonex is not on my list, as it is too expensive.
    but that does not stop me from realizing that its quality is actually very good. Maybe they are wimps when it comes to warrenty, oh well. if i remember correctly, you use a nanospeed 9000, neh?

7. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    the racquet is just an extension of your arm that you use your techniques with to hit the shuttle. and some of the lower end models well they arnt all that bad but there are lots of other companys out there whos racquets are on par if not better than yonex higher end racquets. all depends on personal preference and how much you have to spend.

8. Carbonlist

Student
    for reference, I own an arc 10, at 700, and nano 9000, also a couple apacs. I personally prefer the arc 10 and nano...maybe it's just psychological. I'm a doubles player. Somebody asked me if they should save up and buy an arc 10 or a yonex low end. my reply was no. just go for an apacs or sotx.

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It seems like you don't like heavy head rackets.

10. Carbonlist

Student
    no, i don't like head heavy. I do own an at 700 as well but the head heavy doesn't really help that much in smashing when given all the cons of a head heavy racquet. I much rather prefer using an even balance or even head light racquet and just force more power into smashes through torso rotation.