Help ME! Need Advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by waccoinc, Nov 19, 2008.

1. waccoinc

waccoinc Regular Member

Librarian
    i do really have a large physical body with big arm for power smashing. seldomly do the trick shot or net. when my opponent can korek my smash then i change to a bit more tacky shot. All the time was smashing none others.

Previously owned racket was :
    2004-2006
    1. Beddini ( forgot the model ) broken '05
    2. domino ( forgot the model ) broken '05
    3. Yonex Muscle Power 55 broken '06 ( BELOVED; my only yonex racket )
    4. Domino ( forgot the model ) broken '06

2007-now
    1. Wilson KPower; KLite; Kpro ( demo version, courtesy of my team's sponsor, only Kpower survive other 2 broken '07)

Until Now the racket that is in my bag was :
    1. Wilson DynaPower 9500 x 3
    2. Wilson N6 x1; N2 x1; N3 x1
    3. Wilson KPower x2; KBlade x1; KTour x1; KLite x1

One of the Kpower oledi hv crack on the t-joint, was thinking of selling them of and change to yonex. My team coach have been advised me to use yonex since 2006 but i refuse. Some of the member of my team had changed.
    My style of play is, as long as the bird is high enough to smash, i did smash all of it. My fren call me a buffalo. i dont care whether it forehand or backhand, i do smash all of it, even an overhead. And the Wilson Kpower have done it works nicely. Usually my smash will end the rally, well satisfied with the Kpower. The sponsor ask me to use at900t/p@26lbs as he say this racket will suit me. i think the racket too head heavy for me. tested for 20mins and regret it. some say i should give some time, i have my trust in wilson still. need to throw wilson 1st i think.
    i will post my collection pics soon.
    Thanks in advanced to you all, hope this will help

Bro chongkiatz, thanks a lot.

2. waccoinc

waccoinc Regular Member

Librarian
    actually need an advice to change from wilson to YY.

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

haha...don't thx me...i just tell u what i view from BC forum user and translate out my knowlegde to u only....anyway i need ur review about wilson racket also...did u feel Wilson kTour more head heavy than AT900P or maybe AT900T ?? thx in advan

4. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Wow... Well, I have someone similar to your characteristic :) in our Institute's Badminton Club. But I believe, you still need to learn how to play it other way. Raining Smashes to opponent sometimes not being a better way (since all they need was waiting for your smashes).

Back to the topic. Specification on the Wilsons will help to compare them to Yonexes. I'd say if you like the Wilson, why pick the Yonex :)?

For your information, the "Smashing" Typo racket from Yonex is:

AT700 -> Extra Stiff, Head Heavy
    AT900P -> Stiff, Head Heavy
    Arc10 -> Stiff, Slightly Head Heavy
    NS9000X -> Extra Stiff, Slightly Head Light / Even Balanced

That's some specification, you can find a more complete one on this forum. I'd say Yonex is not always better than Wilson.

5. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    If you fall in love with Wilson then stick with it :D YY make a very good racket but other brands product is not behind them too far....racket is just equipment anyway, your skill is more important :D

6. waccoinc

waccoinc Regular Member

Librarian
    chongkiatz<-----its ok, but still u have help me a lot. i have read the thread bout at900p/t, arc10, arc7 but still have different thinking on them.

K4mu1<----yes i loved wilson very much. a lot of peole in my team usually say "hey buffalo, we still can managed to dig your smashes lar, of course its about wilson, change it to yonex lar, we're boring aledi with your smashes" its all about head light as i'm using kPower.

issarakaya<----i have a partner that very similar to hendra setiawan playing style but not as good as the pro lar. he can be depend on when it comes to tacky play, dealing with net shot and drive. i dont have to go infront at all. so far we have succeed in several tourney that way. so i'm happy to be a behindman. thats why i need to more head heavy racket which is yonex are better than other.

i have order and pickup day its today, today i am a very happy man. my new toy is in town. 4pm pickup time. its going to be 1x at900p, 1x at900t and 1x at700newversion (all of them are sp). testing time? haha its tonight. i'm going to give my review only after my second session which will me on next monday. only after i try yonex then i can give the wilson review since so far i only been using wilson. only in comparison i can give review.
    sori, all of the racket stringed with bg85@23.5x24lbs
    thanks all.

next time i'll be posting the pics.

cheers

#6 waccoinc, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  7. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

waccoinc.....i really hope to see ur review soon...i would like how is different between K-Tour and K-Power??? and how is AT900P compared to any wilson racket?? and also AT900T....thx in advan waccoinc....