Pro's Pro Pilot and Squash Rackets??

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by gsloh, Nov 20, 2008.

1. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Need help from you guys out there who use your machine for stringing badminton, squash and tennis rackets.

I've got a Pro's Pro Pilot Stringing Machine which I regularly use for stringing badminton rackets.

Last night my friend gave me his squash racket to string, fan-shaped type like this one:
    http://www.centralsports.co.uk/shop.php?page=detail&product=5968

This being the first time, I got stuck at the first hurdle. I mounted the racket on the machine, but the bottom two side supports could not reach the racket! And as the top and bottom supports are suspension type supports (not the screw-on ones like the 2 point machines), I was doubtful it could hold the racket in place securely. So, I did not dare proceed for fear of breaking the racket.

Has anyone encountered this before and any advice? Would I need to get hold of some special adapters for this type of racket? Any help would be much appreciated and thanks!

2. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Think its a badminton only machine?

3. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Nope - it's listed as badminton/squash/tennis. In fact, it came with tennis/squash clamps and had to buy additional badminton clamps.

Think it's just some squash racket shapes that it can't do.....

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

yeah just had a look on wd strings, should be all good, but as you say i guess thats racket frame dependant.

5. stan boyd

stan boyd Regular Member

dental technician/stringer
    W&D sell a gizmo to allow throat supports to close in omly bout £4 i just bought some speak to robin he sorted me out:cool: