User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    What has happened to the 'Does TH fear LD?' thread?
    Just couldn't find it anywhere atm.
    Derailed and deleted I'm guessing. It became like a flaming battle....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonc108 ... We at Badminton Central would like to know your better Ranking System.
    like i said before in another thread...
    BWF should give small points to runner up...
    the different between winner and runner up in bwf rank system is way to close......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    yes LIN DAN was born to be no. 1
    Lotta people wouldl flame me if i've said that
    Last edited by cooler; 11-27-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The current ranking system is fine

LCW became No.1 because he did very well between 07 WC and 08 OG, and he stayed there because after OG LD chose not to play and players like BCL, CJ did even worse than LCW.

The bigger the difference of points, the less the ranking will be consistent from week to week. A player ranked 20 may become say No. 3 after a single tournament. I don't think that makes more sense than the current situation.

Anyway, let me point out that the current ironical situation (No. 2 seems clearly stronger than No.1) is the result of the No.2 player (that is LD) voluntarily skipping quite a few tournaments. It's not the ranking's fault. If LD choose to only play one tournament per year, and turns out to thrash everyone easily in that tournament, shall the ranking be changed so that he can be No.1? Of course not.

Btw, note that if LD choose to do that (participating 1 tournament only) and succeed, he will be rewarded by the title "World Champion"/"Olympic Champion". Some people like LD so much that they want to change rules so that LD can have everything. LOL.
    Last edited by ye333; 11-27-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Take better care of what we say before submitting our post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post

Derailed and deleted I'm guessing. It became like a flaming battle....

Derailed and Deleted ???
    I hope that we, at Badminton Central, will take better care of what we say before submitting our post(s).

Last edited by chris-ccc; 11-27-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    BWF should give small point for runner up....
    the different between champion and runner up now in super series is so small gap....

BWF should look at tennis

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Btw, note that if LD choose to do that (participating 1 tournament only) and succeed, he will be rewarded by the title "World Champion"/"Olympic Champion". Some people like LD so much that they want to change rules so that LD can have everything. LOL.
    u r making up a conjecture just to taunt some of us unjustly. If Chinese said bwf ranking should adopt something like tennis, why is this only favored only to LD??? Wouldn't the new ranking system also favoring MK/HS too??? With the current bwf ranking, is it right to have XD gold medalist, china open winner (LYD/LHJ) getting more paw points than the bronze medalist (in china and hk open)?

notice that everyone is pawing
    NO.[..] MT320: [x ]Y.D.Lee/H.J.Lee.[5].. v [ ]Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2]( 11 - 9 .) delete [ ]

u should heed the advice of chris@ccc
    Last edited by cooler; 11-27-2008 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't even come to Hong Kong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMak View Post
    He didn't even come to Hong Kong.
    who do u mean?
    lcw?
    if u mean him, he did came to HKG but withdrew just before his match against marc zwielber because of his old knee injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cannot deny that the very reason this ranking system is an issue here is because MS No.2 being stronger than No.1. If LD is No.1 and LCW No.2, will any of you say anything about the ranking system?

Ranking measures consistency. It is about the overall performance of players in the past year. When Sony won 2 SS titles in a row, he didn't even break into the top 3. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not.

I have only one objection about the current ranking system, which is that the difference between SS and GP events is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u r making up a conjecture just to taunt some of us unjustly. If Chinese said bwf ranking should adopt something like tennis, why is this only favored only to LD??? Wouldn't the new ranking system also favoring MK/HS too??? With the current bwf ranking, is it right to have XD gold medalist, china open winner (LYD/LHJ) getting more paw points than the bronze medalist (in china and hk open)?

NO.[..] MT320: [x ]Y.D.Lee/H.J.Lee.[5].. v [ ]Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2]( 11 - 9 .) delete [ ]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2008 Hong Kong Open SS QF: Y.D.Lee/H.J.Lee.[5] defeated Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2]

And Y.D.Lee/H.J.Lee.[5] defeated Hanbin.He/Yang.Yu.[2], 11/21, 21/16, 21/12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD didn't do all that well in mixed until recently. So his ranking reflects that. If he can keep up the good results his ranking will go up :S. Sounds fair to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    LYD didn't do all that well in mixed until recently. So his ranking reflects that. If he can keep up the good results his ranking will go up :S. Sounds fair to me.
    if pawer based on your assumption before china opena and hk open, they would all pawed incorrectly.
    Why pawers keep on picking lyb/lhj in china open, HK open when they are ranked as underdog??? Answer: nice easy big point awarded for least risk to losing for this korean pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cannot deny that the very reason this ranking system is an issue here is because MS No.2 being stronger than No.1. If LD is No.1 and LCW No.2, will any of you say anything about the ranking system?

Ranking measures consistency. It is about the overall performance of players in the past year. When Sony won 2 SS titles in a row, he didn't even break into the top 3. Is there anything wrong with that? Of course not.

I have only one objection about the current ranking system, which is that the difference between SS and GP events is too small.
    1. me deny???? u guy keep thinking i favor a ranking system that work for LD's favor??? LOL I have already said before in BF, it doesnt matter where LD is seeded in a draw, his opponents will still all sink like the titanic, regardless which seat placing of his opponents LOL

2. LD has earned #1 position for over 2 years, his consistency has been proven already. No need to have a ranking system to favoring him. U r just jealous and thinking LD win by devious ways

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What has happened to the 'Does TH fear LD?' thread?
    Just couldn't find it anywhere atm.
    i am afraid that thread went way out of hand. if ppl continue to non-stop argue, we will have start banning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the impression that the mentioning of the ranking issue is to kind "do LD justice". Some people seemed to feel it unacceptable that No.1 being weaker than No. 2. If you disagree, you tell me why suddenly some people feel that there is something wrong with the ranking system.

It seems most of your reply here has nothing to do with my main point -- the current ranking system is fine. LOL.

1. me deny???? u guy keep thinking i favor a ranking system that work for LD's favor??? LOL I have already said before in BF, it doesnt matter where LD is seeded in a draw, his opponents will still all sink like the titanic, regardless which seat placing of his opponents LOL

2. LD has earned #1 position for over 2 years, his consistency has been proven already. No need to have a ranking system to favoring him. U r just jealous and thinking LD win by devious ways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at last I have watched the China final

hm.. I must say it much more says me about LCW than before. Actually, he really succeded to fight well. Despite he lost but I have found not one and not two points he just managed to win accurately. Surely LD is not about good shape right now, but any way I saw TWO players wanted to win and not ONE player that obviously gonna win and second that just places at the court - just as like in their last OG and other 2007-2008 meetings

Despite Im a fan of LD this mental improvement of LCW seems good. LD needs strong opponents to save a motivation to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the impression that the mentioning of the ranking issue is to kind "do LD justice". Some people seemed to feel it unacceptable that No.1 being weaker than No. 2. If you disagree, you tell me why suddenly some people feel that there is something wrong with the ranking system.

It seems most of your reply here has nothing to do with my main point -- the current ranking system is fine. LOL.
    no ranking system is perfect, therefore, flaws can be found it in. However, Chinese ask for something similar to tennis, not something brand new that favoring LD. Because tennis is more media popular than badminton, and tennis have more international based players, it is not biased to ask for bwf to lean toward a tennis ranking system.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast