User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gotta be cheaper than taking paintstripper to a perfectly good MP99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding custom racket:

It is very hard to design your own frame unless you are able to design one and could afford big money for develop a set of mould .
    But it is possible to have cutom rackets by using existing mould and specifying the parameters(weight,balance,stiffness...) and graphics design..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna have an old AT700 head with a NS9000X shaft,with AT cone...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Arc cone is better. Same control thingy but not as ugly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markache@hotmai View Post
    regarding custom racket:

It is very hard to design your own frame unless you are able to design one and could afford big money for develop a set of mould .
    But it is possible to have cutom rackets by using existing mould and specifying the parameters(weight,balance,stiffness...) and graphics design..
    There are enough molds of different shapes, X-sections, and profiles to satisfy all the requirements of power, speed, weight, torque, stiffness. You do not have to design your own mold unless you use a small manufacturer with a limited variety of molds.
    The most important factor in a racquet is the materials you specify. But this may not be practical for the best materials because they are very expensive and more fragile plus manufacturers make do with tougher and cheaper materials. Cheaper materials can be used on molds with wider X-sections to get the same power but not the speed of the very expensive materials, because the former offsets its poorer young's modulus with mass/width whereas the latter can use very slim X-section for speed and no loss of power.
    Contrary to popular belief racquet manufacturers do not have a very good knowledge of the latest hi-tech materials. It is the chemical companies that invent the fibers, especially the newer fibers, that first bring such new fibers to the attention of the racquet manufacturers. For example, I was the first one to persuade both the racquet manufacturer and the chemical company (initiaaly Hoerst) to do a batch of trial run using vectran fibers for racquets.
    Subsequently, I used another manufacturer to make 3 racquets using another new material that was never used in racquets, which turned out to be very good. But, I have since not been able to get more of the material (which I normally get free in the name of new applications) from the chemical company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why we should never have raw carbon rackets - because colour combos work. People recognise the gear and that's good for promotion. If more brands other than Yonex sponsored comps then the sport would get more money. Imagine raw carbon tennis rackets. More people buy the stuff they see the pros using and that in turn gives the companies money which then feeds the sport. Heck, I know a guy who just bought an AT700 because Lin Dan uses it. He hates using the racket because it doesn't suit him but it didn't stop him buying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see where you're coming from, but most black/plain carbon rackets are prototypes; for development purposes. Sampras played with a prototype racket once (against Roger F) and it sparked loads of interest for Wilson. He had the logo on the strings, but nothing on the racket and people everywhere were talking about what racket it might be. The hype about it was huge, bigger than if he had walked out with a racket people has known about. Then, people watched Wilson for new releases so the prototype really got some attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

You can find the same interest in Arc10 articles. Peter Gade walks with the proto . You will have to browse the articles in this forum .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woah, that was weird.

Um....they don't have to be all carbon. I'd just prefer less **** everywhere! The graphics are horrible on most rackets.
    Last edited by Easy Tiger; 11-26-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like a custom racket as there's nothing really on the market that fully satisfies my needs. I want a really head heavy racket (as in a BP of 320mm at least, possibly 330, 340 or more 350mm would have to be a limit though.), fairly light and willing to be abused with high string tensions. I doubt anything currently exists like this but I wish someone would make it. Perhaps Karakal would be the brand? They seem to be good at light rackets that take high tensions. They just need to make one with a crazy BP and a recommended tension of up to 34 Lbs (or higher). As I said, I don't know if it's possible, but it would be crazy if it was.

I know the racket I suggested wouldn't be ideal for everyone, but for advanced, attacking players, it would be great. It's rumoured LD uses an AT700 with a BP of somewhere around 330mm and my Arc10 is currently at somewhere between there and 340 and I'm sure it's not just us two. Or is it?

The graphics argument is a good one but we need our rackets to look unique. People love to discuss which rackets the pros use. Graphics really help the sale of high end rackets when they get seen being used by the pros.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2