Plz help find me a racquet with these qualities :)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by reach.ran@gmail, Nov 24, 2008.

1. reach.ran@gmail

reach.ran@gmail Regular Member

Hello all, I am a new member of BF. I hope some one here could help me select a Sotx raq (or any other brand). Thanks in advance[​IMG]

I want a very flexible shaft raquet that is head light and light weight as well. I am 6 foot tall and have loads of power, so i can generate enuf power even with light weight head light racquet. Please sugguest one even if it is from other brands. looking for one under $100 and one under $200. I have used carlton superlite, wilson n6 and head nano power 700, karakal sl 70 before. These racquets are headlight, had very flexible shaft(except Carlton, karakal) and vey light weight. But the downside is they all break even after 1 clash, and most of the times by just hitting the bird in the rim(cos i smash really really hard). I have broken about 7 carlton racquets, 5 wilson and 1 head nano 700 and my quest for a durable racquet with above mentioned qualities continues.

So I want something that is very durable, very flexible shaft which is head light and the whole racquet light weight as well. If the racquet is shorter in length than normal ones, that is ok (cos i have long arms). The only thing i can compromise is overall racquet weight. Even if it heavier but headlight, flexible and durable, that is ok.

Plz help! Thnks again [​IMG]

2. Sternschnuppe

Sternschnuppe Regular Member

carlton powerblade superlight was durable for me..

maby you should give the kason tsf 100 a try? its headlight and flexible

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    STOP posting the same question in soooooooooooo many threads.

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

tell him phandrew!
    look, it seems that either you are mishitting to much at a high tension, or you are not taking care of your rackets, or something like that. i know Carlton rackets are pretty durable, since i remember there was a racket guaranteed to be able to string 40 pounds.
    use this as your guide.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45209

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Maybe you should start practicing the basics of badminton to decrease your chances of mishitting before spending money into expensive racquets.

For all I know, I've never broken any racquets in my life and most of my racquets are from Yonex (I got one Blackknight), which tends to break easily if involved in serious clash.

6. reach.ran@gmail

thanks for all your replies. Sorry, i will stop posting on multiple locations. i am a new member. I tht, the more i post, the more ppl will look at it; since different ppl are interested in different topics.

I started playing with cheap racquets started with some yonex lowend aluminium or steel one, then Carbonex, then carlton. yeah i do have some mis hits some time. I will try to reduce them. My playing style really suits using a head light racquet. When i play with head heavy racquets for 3 hrs/day 3 days a week, my shoulder hurts a lot. It doesnt when i use light weight, head light racquets like wilson n6 and carlton airblade superlite.

thanks everyone for your tips and advice :)

7. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Actually, why not try HEAD Metallix series, they feel pretty flex for me. But I don't know about how you feel about them since I do not know your muscle development.

Also, make sure you do warm-up exercise before you step into the court and play. A good stretch can decrease chances of pain and sprain.

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

9. reach.ran@gmail

thanks forthe info, i was looking for powerblade super lite. The one listed is airblade super lite and it is not available in Canadian Tire anymore. They dont update their site, only way to find out is if some one from canada bought it recently..i will keep looking :)