User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 106
  1. #52
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badcliq View Post
    pulled out..scared another lost to LD...that will really create a psychological barrier to him each time
    he has his old knee injury again, he has decided to skip this hong kong open and the year end grand prix final in kedah.

  2. #53
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Old knee injury haunts Chong Wei at HK Open

    By RAJES PAUL

    KUALA LUMPUR: A recurrent knee injury has forced Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei to withdraw from two tournaments.
    The world number one conceded a walkover to Germany’s Marc Zwiebler in the first round of the Hong Kong Open yesterday and he would make a quick return home.
    Playing it safe: Chong Wei has pulled out of the Hong Kong Open and the National Grand Prix Finals due to a recurring knee injury.
    Chong Wei has also made up his mind to skip the premier local tournament, the National Grand Prix Finals, scheduled for Dec 9-13 in Alor Star. With the decision, he will skip the chance to go one better on the record of six national titles he shares with his coach and mentor, Misbun Sidek.
    Chong Wei, who crashed to yet another tame defeat by Olympic gold medallist Lin Dan in the China Open final in Shanghai last Sunday, said that he did not want to risk aggravating the injury.
    “I picked it up during the China Open. It is an old injury but it is not serious. My coach and I felt that it was best that I give this Hong Kong Open a miss,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview.
    Chong Wei’s priority now is the Super Series Masters Finals, which will be held in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21.
    Despite missing the Hong Kong Open, which is the 12th and final round of the Series this year, Chong Wei is assured of a place in the Finals, which feature the top eight ranked players in the Series standings with a condition that each country can only have two qualifiers. Chong Wei is currently the leader in the standings.
    “Our GP Finals are too close to the Masters Finals. I need more time to prepare. I have decided not to play in the GP Finals unless the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) change the championships to a later date,” he said.
    Choong Wei said that he would be  wiser in facing Lin Dan after suffering two humiliating defeats to the Chinese superstar, the other being in the final of the Beijing Olympics last August.
    “At the Olympics, the pressure got to me. This time, I did not play well. But I have learnt a lot from both defeats. My coach and I will work to come up with better strategy to get the better of Lin Dan,” he said.

  3. #54
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all of u who are watching in the stadium , is sally yeh present and watch badminton in this year hong kong open?

  4. #55
    Regular Member Ajaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indonesia tanah air beta
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Old knee injury haunts Chong Wei at HK Open

    By RAJES PAUL

    KUALA LUMPUR: A recurrent knee injury has forced Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei to withdraw from two tournaments.
    The world number one conceded a walkover to Germany’s Marc Zwiebler in the first round of the Hong Kong Open yesterday and he would make a quick return home.
    Playing it safe: Chong Wei has pulled out of the Hong Kong Open and the National Grand Prix Finals due to a recurring knee injury.
    Chong Wei has also made up his mind to skip the premier local tournament, the National Grand Prix Finals, scheduled for Dec 9-13 in Alor Star. With the decision, he will skip the chance to go one better on the record of six national titles he shares with his coach and mentor, Misbun Sidek.
    Chong Wei, who crashed to yet another tame defeat by Olympic gold medallist Lin Dan in the China Open final in Shanghai last Sunday, said that he did not want to risk aggravating the injury.
    “I picked it up during the China Open. It is an old injury but it is not serious. My coach and I felt that it was best that I give this Hong Kong Open a miss,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview.
    Chong Wei’s priority now is the Super Series Masters Finals, which will be held in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21.
    Despite missing the Hong Kong Open, which is the 12th and final round of the Series this year, Chong Wei is assured of a place in the Finals, which feature the top eight ranked players in the Series standings with a condition that each country can only have two qualifiers. Chong Wei is currently the leader in the standings.
    “Our GP Finals are too close to the Masters Finals. I need more time to prepare. I have decided not to play in the GP Finals unless the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) change the championships to a later date,” he said.
    Choong Wei said that he would be  wiser in facing Lin Dan after suffering two humiliating defeats to the Chinese superstar, the other being in the final of the Beijing Olympics last August.
    “At the Olympics, the pressure got to me. This time, I did not play well. But I have learnt a lot from both defeats. My coach and I will work to come up with better strategy to get the better of Lin Dan,” he said.
    wow the pic of LEE CHONG WEI here seems that he's OLD
    maybe because the angle when pict taken or because any effect????

  5. #56
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Any more news to share??..

    ..looks like our Hau-ge is probably occupied with accompanying the INA players??..

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    wow the pic of LEE CHONG WEI here seems that he's OLD
    maybe because the angle when pict taken or because any effect????
    No, that is not LCW playing...it is his dad...

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    baddy earth
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think, Ina's team is back to home earlier. hahaha..so sad.

  8. #59
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With the blessing of LYB.......Gao ling/Wei Yi Li will be competing again next year at least for one year.
    Also Zhang Ji Wen/Yang Wei will start competing at Korean Open.

  9. #60
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vita/Butet may not play women double anymore as Vita is trying to concentrate XD and she prevents her old injury as well.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    baddy earth
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    With the blessing of LYB.......Gao ling/Wei Yi Li will be competing again next year at least for one year.
    Also Zhang Ji Wen/Yang Wei will start competing at Korean Open.
    then what retire ceremony is FOR????
    why they decide to play again??? i think china is not lack of good players,,

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Vita/Butet may not play women double anymore as Vita is trying to concentrate XD and she prevents her old injury as well.
    tell them,,,nooooooooooooo they only cant produce good result. it's just MAYBE rite?? hope they change their mind

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Vita/Butet may not play women double anymore as Vita is trying to concentrate XD and she prevents her old injury as well.
    That's kinda expected. She looked very sluggish on Friday.....and I heard also she was feeling kinda burned out after the Olympics. Butet may need to find another new partner in that case. Shendy perhaps?

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hansonlouphers View Post
    then what retire ceremony is FOR????
    why they decide to play again??? i think china is not lack of good players,,
    that's good news if true...
    LYB should learn from the case of ZM, when a good player is not under the pressure of representing CHN team, he/she could enjoy playing badminton and achieve good results...
    the retirement just signify their retirement from CHN team, not from badminton... they could play on their own, like CH, or Chandra...
    it's good for badminton fans...

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    that's good news if true...
    LYB should learn from the case of ZM, when a good player is not under the pressure of representing CHN team, he/she could enjoy playing badminton and achieve good results...
    the retirement just signify their retirement from CHN team, not from badminton... they could play on their own, like CH, or Chandra...
    it's good for badminton fans...
    also MAS's CTF/LWW and CCM/CCE and WCH

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Vita/Butet may not play women double anymore as Vita is trying to concentrate XD and she prevents her old injury as well.
    wowowowowowow!!
    I kinda expecting that
    because lately,their perfomance is not good enough
    and I guess vita is still new with rijal as her partner ,so she must get used to it..

    and butet,she should have new partner in XD and WD
    because she's still young and energetic

  15. #66
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    With the blessing of LYB.......Gao ling/Wei Yi Li will be competing again next year at least for one year.
    Also Zhang Ji Wen/Yang Wei will start competing at Korean Open.
    not sure where you got your info from, all 4 of them are officially retried from the national team but will play their farewell tournament next year at the national game.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    With the blessing of LYB.......Gao ling/Wei Yi Li will be competing again next year at least for one year.
    Also Zhang Ji Wen/Yang Wei will start competing at Korean Open.
    wow.. thats definately a good news... i get to see gao ling again... yahooooo!!!

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    not sure where you got your info from, all 4 of them are officially retried from the national team but will play their farewell tournament next year at the national game.
    u questioned hauge info????

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Side news during SS Final 2008
    By huangkwokhau in forum Super Series Master Finals 2008
    Replies: 247
    : 01-15-2009, 10:38 PM
  2. side news of French Open 2008
    By huangkwokhau in forum Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2008
    Replies: 49
    : 10-31-2008, 03:07 PM
  3. side news of Macau Open 2008
    By huangkwokhau in forum China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 2008
    Replies: 108
    : 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM
  4. Side news during singapore open 2008
    By huangkwokhau in forum Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008
    Replies: 155
    : 06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
  5. Random news on HongKong Open.
    By huangkwokhau in forum Hong Kong Open 2007
    Replies: 252
    : 12-14-2007, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •