User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just feel that the RSL X2 series are so difficult to use, I have the X2 AP and the X2 SP and I just couldn't use them well. I find my 1st gen Ti10 easier to use than those two !!!

They just feel so different to other racquet, somehow, I just can't generate power from them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imho RSL rackets have a unique feel. either you love it or hate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, it is unique, and till now still can't get used to it. I won't say I hate it but because I can't use it effectively, they are now sidelined in favour of other racquets.

However, I am not giving up yet, been doing alot of wrist strengthening exercise so I will try to use it again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the feel of an RSL racquet.. RSL X2 Pro, I just swung it.. and I loved it.. but I couldn't afford it
    I find that RSL, Wilson, Prince and Ashaway racquets have similar feel. This may be because of the different handle shape/size compared to Yonex.. I just hate the original Yonex handle shape/size, I always sand off the edges of the bevels.

NS9KX isn't a problem for me at all, I quiet like the solid feel of it.

I don't really like the normal feel of Yonex racquets.. They feel rather hollow to me.

I don't like the feel of the MP99, so I'll call that the hardest racquet for me to master for now.. I've played with it a few times, borrowing my friends' racquets.. I still don't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the ultra mega stiff Yonex ever made... MP100?
    If memory serves me right, that had been claimed one of the toughest racquet to master due to its stiffness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably 1st Gen 2U Ti-10 and 2U MP100?

NS9000X is awesome IMHO, fast, light and powerful.

MP99 and Arc10 are initially uncomfortable to use, feel and the sweetspot is quite different, maybe its the even balance of the racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arcsaber 10. However, I've finally mastered it. I found the NS9K X quite easy to get used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the MP100..... broke all my handles

From a big (should be playing rugby really) dude's point of view:

I don't have a great deal of skill (I got some training I suppose, and my technique while could be better, isn't atrociously wrong) but I can hit very hard.....I had to learn that sometimes hitting softly is also aggressive I also read about Dink's drop/smash which I use too hehe, I find softer racquets less easy to use....they feel mushy for me. Nicer to net roll with often I guess, but I can cope with the stiffer racquets quite alright, just need to be more switched on to get it right.
    Last edited by Russki Bear; 11-27-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herovc View Post
    If memory serves me right, that had been claimed one of the toughest racquet to master due to its stiffness.
    NS9000X and CAB22 are even stiffer than MP100 so MP100 isn't much of an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I love the feel of an RSL racquet.. RSL X2 Pro, I just swung it.. and I loved it.. but I couldn't afford it
    I find that RSL, Wilson, Prince and Ashaway racquets have similar feel. This may be because of the different handle shape/size compared to Yonex.. I just hate the original Yonex handle shape/size, I always sand off the edges of the bevels.

NS9KX isn't a problem for me at all, I quiet like the solid feel of it.

I don't really like the normal feel of Yonex racquets.. They feel rather hollow to me.

I don't like the feel of the MP99, so I'll call that the hardest racquet for me to master for now.. I've played with it a few times, borrowing my friends' racquets.. I still don't like it.
    You can't afford RSL X2 Pro ? Sure ? I thought you have all the high end racquets, including the TC700 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herovc View Post
    I have a 2U MP100 and I don't think it is the toughest racquet to use. It is only hard to use due to the small ISO head. If you compare it to the racquets currently available, you will see that it is quite small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post

Most new racquets feel like that to me.. but that's because my Cab8 is 23 years old
    I like the feel of the MP99 though. Light but still "strong".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K4mu1 View Post
    Arcsaber 10 T_T... I regret saying I understand them xD... Sometimes they make me don't understand lol... But when they're controlled, wow... My hit is so accurate... Just like my racket moving on it's own mind lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstevens View Post
    Arcsaber 10. However, I've finally mastered it. I found the NS9K X quite easy to get used to.
    agree for both of you Saber 10 is really hard to adapt, especially in term of power. Takes 2 month to get the power and still not superb, just good...feel this racket is made for control player not for hard hitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    I have a 2U MP100 and I don't think it is the toughest racquet to use. It is only hard to use due to the small ISO head. If you compare it to the racquets currently available, you will see that it is quite small.
    i beg to differ... dun find the isometric frame of mp series small... love the sweetspot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    agree for both of you Saber 10 is really hard to adapt, especially in term of power. Takes 2 month to get the power and still not superb, just good...feel this racket is made for control player not for hard hitter.
    I don't know, I find the Arc10 is really quite powerful now I've got used to it. However, I did add some lead tape to mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So-called stiff racquets like MP100, MP99, NS9000X, or even AT700 are actually very easy to play if you have the hand speed. If you have a strong arm power but slow hand speed then you may not be able to use stiff racquets. A more flexible racquet is then more suitable.
    But herein lies the problem. If you can only handle a flxible racquet but noot a stiff racquet, then have you considered that your hitting technique is not up to the mark? An inability to play effortlessly with very stiff racquet is symtomatic of slow hand speed and/or poor hitting technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    wee... I regret my words T_T... Just a week from handling local tournament and I totally forgot how to use my own racket T_T... How pathetic xD...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast