User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    agree for both of you Saber 10 is really hard to adapt, especially in term of power. Takes 2 month to get the power and still not superb, just good...feel this racket is made for control player not for hard hitter.
    I mastered the Arc10 in merely a month, control is still a bit lacking due to the low tension of the string, but I can generate a lot of power from it.

Now I'm trying to make my AT900T to like me, it kinda feels like a 2U Arc10 with stiffer shaft. But I string my AT a bit higher so I can have better control and power is still an issue after 3 weeks of "boom-ing"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stiffness + fast swing = awesome

I found with X2 Pro GOLD and AMP95, you need to swing the rackets a little bit faster to get "all out" otherwise it will feel "strange" and the shuttlecock flights very weird.
    My main rackets now are X2 GOLD and APACS AMP95. It was very hard to adjust but for awhile you will love it.
    I play other racket when I am not feeling so well.
    So it very much depends on your day

Cheers,

BTW, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL USA PLAYERS

TURKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAME for now
    Last edited by soccer613; 11-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I allowed to say AT900T in 4U? It swings damn fast and requires the best timing, and lacks power if you don't time perfectly. AT700, ARC10, NS racquets are a piece of cake for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teoky View Post
    You can't afford RSL X2 Pro ? Sure ? I thought you have all the high end racquets, including the TC700 ?
    It's because I used up all my relatives' wishes.. .. (ie: two new mizuno racquets )

The X2 pro was sold at a distributor's sale with a reduced price of only 150NZD!! Too bad, they only accepted cash..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rodney, another power racket for you(RSL Gold)!! Well you know who to give your Arc10 to if you don't like it, lol.

As for hard racket to use; that's very subjective so for me it would be most 2U rackets. I like singles and dragging a 2U around for 40 mins would make my arm break off. So no specific racket just weight. A 3U is would I like.

Tim H

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've modified my AT700 so much that it feels like a 2U now. I filled the hollow part of the wooden handle with plasticine ( modelling clay ) and taped the frame too.
    I find that the shots feel more solid than before, but my friend who uses an AT300 finds it impossible to use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people claim that the MP99 is a toughie to get used to/master as well. I found it harder to get used to than the NS9000X o_o

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShot View Post
    A lot of people claim that the MP99 is a toughie to get used to/master as well. I found it harder to get used to than the NS9000X o_o
    I thought I was the only one... i could adapt easily to a mp77 and mp100 but not a mp99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kimir View Post
    i beg to differ... dun find the isometric frame of mp series small... love the sweetspot
    Ok, let me take pictures of all my racquets side by side and you can see that the MP100 head is the smallest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've compared the frames of my MP40 and AT700.. the AT700's head is wider by around 6mm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first borrowed my friend's NS9000X to swing, I knew within 5 mins that it was the right racket for me. It's got a lot to do with how you swing, your swing speed and hitting technique. The one I had real trouble adapting to was the MP99. Every hit felt hollow.. I tried, gave it a second and third chance but no can do. Sold it eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that when I use racquets strung at fairly low tension below 23lbs, I have problems with my timing.. any racquet. My friend's NS9KX strung to 24lbs felt great when I first used it, but last night when I tried it again.. it felt terribly hard to lift with it because the tension had dropped down to around 20lbs. Racquets strung to low-tensions are hard to use.. IMO.

I used a Cab15 strung to 23lbs with bg65 too, and I did some miss-hits.. because the racquet length is shorter than the usual long-sized racquets I use.

I used an MP99 2U as well.. strung to 22lbs with bg65.. terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    I find that when I use racquets strung at fairly low tension below 23lbs, I have problems with my timing.. any racquet. My friend's NS9KX strung to 24lbs felt great when I first used it, but last night when I tried it again.. it felt terribly hard to lift with it because the tension had dropped down to around 20lbs. Racquets strung to low-tensions are hard to use.. IMO.

I used a Cab15 strung to 23lbs with bg65 too, and I did some miss-hits.. because the racquet length is shorter than the usual long-sized racquets I use.

I used an MP99 2U as well.. strung to 22lbs with bg65.. terrible.
    Well, it really comes down to how adaptive are you... I can play with 18lbs to 24lbs with no problems. Well, probably need a few swings before I can adapt it, but I get more power to smash when I play in 18-21lbs, and more control from 22-24lbs.

The other day, my friend wanted to trade my racquet (AT900T@24lbs) for one game and I used his Victor PowerWave 11@20lbs.... What I can say is that his racquet is a hammer.... Although the smashes from me are not accurate (70% accuracy), but boy, ain't the smashes fast...
    Last edited by Gemcat; 11-29-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    Well, it really comes down to how adaptive are you... I can play with 18lbs to 24lbs with no problems. Well, probably need a few swings before I can adapt it, but I get more power to smash when I play in 18-21lbs, and more control from 22-24lbs.

My friend actually want to trade my racquet (AT900T@24lbs) for one game and I used his Victor PowerWave 11@20lbs.... What I can say is that his racquet is a hammer.... Although the smashes from me are not accurate (70% accuracy), but boy, ain't the smashes fast...
    Haha.. I play alot of singles and I really depend upon my slices and tight net shots to set up my attacks.. I need high-tension.. but in doubles, I have no problem playing with my mp40 with micropowerxl at around 19lbs.. pure hard-hitting.

Still.. I can't play with some racquets what so ever even with high tension or low tension.. like the MP99. I just hate it.. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Haha.. I play alot of singles and I really depend upon my slices and tight net shots to set up my attacks.. I need high-tension.. but in doubles, I have no problem playing with my mp40 with micropowerxl at around 19lbs.. pure hard-hitting.

Still.. I can't play with some racquets what so ever even with high tension or low tension.. like the MP99. I just hate it.. lol
    I might just gonna get a MP99 to see how hard it is to play with!

I love to challenge racquets and make them obey me!

I rarely play doubles because of clash-phobia... I don't like it when either I clash with others or vice versa...
    Last edited by Gemcat; 11-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not get an AT900T in 4U and hit as hard as with an AT700? That's the real challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely play doubles because of clash-phobia... I don't like it when either I clash with others or vice versa...
    With the MP99, you can either love it or hate it.. Maybe this would be the same with oval-frame racquets.

I had so much trouble getting used to the AT700 when I first got it.. because it was so head-heavy compared to the MP40.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast