Yonex Aerotus 110 replacement

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mwong, Nov 29, 2008.

1. mwong

mwong New Member

I am going to pick up badminton again (not played for the last 5 years). I use a Aerotus 110 before and wonder which one of the current Yonex play similar to the Aerotus 110 ? I am a better than avg player and used to play in leagues when I was young :)

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    What's wrong with continuing to play with the Aerotus? It's still a perfectly alright badminton racket.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Maybe the Aerotus 100 JP.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You could try CAB30MS

5. mwong

mwong New Member

The Aerotus is perfectly alright and one of my favorite. But with the advance in technologies (since Aerotus is the technologies of the 2000s), just wonder if the newer ones like Nanospeed or Acra... will be a significant improvement over the Aerotus 110.

6. InDoDoNkZ

InDoDoNkZ Regular Member

Biochemist
    I had been using the Aerotus 100 from 1990's up till about 2005. I switched to Nanospeed8000 ....a very good racquet, the original black one, not the yellow 2008 version. I dont exactly remember how the 110 actually feel, as i remembered it is slightly head heavy compared to the 100 I recommend Armortec900Tech (U$ 150 -180), Nanospeed9000S (U$180-190) and the Arcsaber10 (U$185-190) If you dont want to spend alot and still would like a really really good racquet. I really recommend Wilson (K)factor (K)lite (U$120) My NS8000 broke, and now I'm using Arcsaber10 and Wilson Hope that helps

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Why not try the new Mizuno GP88 ( head-heavy ) or GP77 ( head-light ), they both have aerodynamic oval frames similar to the Aerotus series.

Otherwise, you can always opt for the AR100F ( JP )

8. mwong

mwong New Member

I start doing a bit of research and it seems like the nanospeed 8000 is something I like to try. I play mostly double and am more of postioning and defence than smash/offensive. I do like my new racquet to gain me more smashing power but definitely not a head heavy type (as I am very sensitive to be abe to change direction of the racquet, given my defensive style I guess).
    Will something like a nano 8000 be what I am looking for ? I was told nano 9000 are mostly for aggregsive/offensive type player .

9. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Surprisingly, I can smash pretty hard with NS8000. But yes, your defense will be better off with NS8000 since it's a headlight and fast racquet. But to execute a powerful smash with NS8000, you'll need a fast swing.;)

Note: NS8000 can turn your opponent's strength into his worst nightmare, with the use of proper technique of course... Haha...

#9 Gemcat, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  10. InDoDoNkZ

InDoDoNkZ Regular Member

Biochemist
    NS8k will help you generate power in smash and is fairly quick at the front/net.
    I used to have mine at 26-28lb with BG66
    Its very effective, however please becareful. At this tension dont clash with your partner as NS8k is kinda fragile. I clashed with a NS9k and it broke.

The wilson i mentioned earlier is a good alternative. It is even lighter and quicker than NS8k and also alot cheaper and strudier. From experience it is very sensitive to ur touch and will be better for placement control game.
    Power is not lacking too, it is about the same with NS8k.
    I forgot how heavy is the NS8k....but the wilson is only 80g.

I hope this helps