User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use ashway strings on all my racquets for contract reasons but i really like them actually the strings. currently the ones im prefering are the ashway power guy 65's (in neon orange) i love those strings they are very durable but very playable as well although there .70 in thickness they play and feel like a thinner string. as well i have also used the ashway mirco power strings that are the same thickness .70 and although they are thick i felt they have very great control with the shuttle the only downside to them is that when they do lose tension that feeling dies so they feel great at high tension 26lbs+ but anything below that just doesnt feel right and has a dead feeling to it they do hold tension relatively well though for a good period of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smash master, that is because when it is strung, it actually is less than .70
    look here for the reasons why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im loving the strings, i went on a stint and tried other stings after using micro power for a while. Tried bg80s, 70s, and 66's. The 80s and mp are very similar. MP is much more powerful then bg70 and bg66 is much more crisp, but also much less durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jymbalaya View Post
    smash master, that is because when it is strung, it actually is less than .70
    look here for the reasons why.
    i already know that, im just saying thats the origional thickness of the string and i always tend to go for the thicker strings cause at the higher tensions they will be more durible in theory compared to the strings that are already thinner and plus with the way i play i need them to last and not break after a few days from smashing or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i think Ashaway has lousy marketing skills,the website is not up to date and they dun put most of their product specs onto the website, particularly their clone rackets.. thus making it difficult for people to find information about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently got a Superlight 79 and the Kevlar SQ6000 -

I love the Superlight, which surprises me. Control is fantastic and I love netplay with it but wish it was slightly longer (it's my doubles muckaround racket, vs women etc).

The SQ6000 is very nice, a good balance and I like the weight, but for me it's a little too flexible. This is particularly frustrating as the Superlight is termed 'medium' on the website with the SQ6000 'stiff'.... when it isn't. I now wish I'd gone for the 7000 but I'm still happy with mine.

On both rackets the finish is good, but I'd echo the earlier comments about the poorer marketing than some other companies. I only recently realised they did rackets as well as the strings they are famous for.

I'm a fan though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i thought of trying the kevlar 7000 but in te end i bought a AMP95 but i am going to string it with micro power at 27 lbs .... and i might buy a pair of ashaway shoes ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haha84 View Post
    Actually i think Ashaway has lousy marketing skills,the website is not up to date and they dun put most of their product specs onto the website, particularly their clone rackets.. thus making it difficult for people to find information about it.
    in singapore i believe most of the Ashaway rackets are sold to mainly students through coaches' recommendation... only recently a wider range of ashaway rackets could be found in shops in queensway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2