What do you think about ashaway

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pussiii999, Dec 1, 2008.

1. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    i make this post because i want to find out what you guys think about the brand ashaway and their racket and other equipment -if possible share about past experience (good/bad) ......

I have search the BC but can hardly find things about ashaway..... maybe did not find hard enough......

Many many thanks .....

2. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    I have used the Electre vp Blue and tbh was not impressed - maybe it just didn't suit my style of play. A friend i used to play with til he staryted playing higher level then me was sponsored by them. I used his ashaway electre vp purple but can't recall the racket... the clothing he got was quite good although seemed maybe to be copying yonex....

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Lots of my friends use Ashaway. Next time I go to badminton club (Saturday), I'll ask them what they think of them and if I can have a hit.

4. pussiii999

chef
    thanks a lot guys ..... appreciate ur effort .....

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

are you looking at a certaion racket?
    i advise searching, because i remember at least 1 extremely long Ashaway review
    about a Ti racket. well written and informative, i cannot guarantee.

6. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

i have tried a couple of the ashaway rackets, namely aerotec 900 technique (clone of at900t), nano legend 9675 (96hole racket) and ribtec 88 nano (88hole racket). all these are nice decent rackets esp the aerotec 900 which can defend quite well. the ribtec 88 has decent power too. all 3 rackets that i've tried are imho better than those from apacs...at least the ashaway are not so light weight and dont have the hollow feel...just my s$0.0002:p

7. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I've tried Ashaway Nano Kevlar 200.. excellent feel IMO.

Nanolegend 9675, its string bed is so dense. the string bed feels 2lbs tighter than what it's strung to.

Ashaway tends to copy Yonex and Forza alot, but they're not that bad at all. They perform quite well, and they're definitely worth the money.

8. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Copying two of the best brands in badminton can't exactly be a bad thing. Come on, it got all of the Clonex brands where they are now. Apacs rackets are used by loads of people on these forums.

9. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

Ashaway is a good brand... they hav qc on their racket... i was using Aerotec 300 for a yr + and i feel very good with the performance... until i hav more money i change to yonex mp 99...:)

10. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

yes, the string bed of the 9675 is dense. i was recommended to string the racket 5lbs less than the usual weight, ie normal tension of 24lbs = actual strung weight of 19lbs on the 9675 racket.

11. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I said "they're not bad at all" :).. I find that Ashaway racquets are easier to use than Yonex racquets.. The NS9K clone is very maneuverable and quite powerful too.. Ashaway racquets feel quite solid, I'm liking them.

12. Haha84

Haha84 Regular Member

Student
    Ashaway rackets are good! Unlike apacs where you can find sharp grommets that cuts your string. Ashaway paint jobs are also better then apacs. Besides cloning Ashaway do have their own range of products too! I dont think the ribtec 88 is a clone right? I have the nanoforce 9000 and ribtec 88. The nanoforce 9000 is very manuverable and the ribtec 88 is good for generating power. But then again.. what i find good doesnt apply to everyone...

13. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Ashaway is quite good imo. Their own line of racket has a good finishing too. Wish to try the ribtec series racket.

14. pussiii999

chef
    do you guys know of any website that have the updated product .....

15. pussiii999

chef
    Actually i am now in perth and it seems that it is very hard to get other racket and i found a Ashaway dealer here so i am looking at the Kevlar 7000s ....

On the other hand i have also manage to get Apacs AMP 95 and i saw that its review are very good ....

If you guys have personal experience about the kevlar 7000s please share .....

I would love to know the overall quality of Ashaway too as i dun see a lot of review with their racket which you guys have shared and thank a lot .....

16. kimir

kimir Regular Member

17. mtr1993

mtr1993 Regular Member

school
    i wouldn't say that ashaway 'clone' rackets like apacs do. as mentioned above, i think they just take a few ideas from here and there. very repuatable brand here in the uk, great string especially.

18. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    i use ashway strings on all my racquets for contract reasons but i really like them actually the strings. currently the ones im prefering are the ashway power guy 65's (in neon orange) i love those strings they are very durable but very playable as well although there .70 in thickness they play and feel like a thinner string. as well i have also used the ashway mirco power strings that are the same thickness .70 and although they are thick i felt they have very great control with the shuttle the only downside to them is that when they do lose tension that feeling dies so they feel great at high tension 26lbs+ but anything below that just doesnt feel right and has a dead feeling to it they do hold tension relatively well though for a good period of time.

19. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

smash master, that is because when it is strung, it actually is less than .70:eek:
    look here for the reasons why.

20. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

im loving the strings, i went on a stint and tried other stings after using micro power for a while. Tried bg80s, 70s, and 66's. The 80s and mp are very similar. MP is much more powerful then bg70 and bg66 is much more crisp, but also much less durable.