Is ARC10 right for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Plutoburn, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Regular Member

I've played in Highschool team for 4 years then quit badminton for another 4 years, just played another year and decided to upgrade my racket since I've been using old racket my father gave me in high school at low tensions. (20 years old Carbonex21 @17~18lbs) I recently broke the string and change it to 21lbs with BG70pro and noticed a significant increase in my smash power (from bad to acceptable) so I am wondering if ARC10 would be the racket of choice for me, since I don't particularly favor power or technique aspect of the game.

2. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Regular Member

I've played in Highschool team for 4 years then quit badminton for another 4 years, just played another year and decided to upgrade my racket since I've been using old racket my father gave me in high school at low tensions. (20 years old Carbonex21 @17~18lbs) I recently broke the string and change it to 21lbs with BG70pro and noticed a significant increase in my smash power (from bad to acceptable) so I am wondering if ARC10 would be the racket of choice for me, since I don't particularly favor power or technique aspect of the game. 1. How often do you play, how serious are you? Intermediate player, about 5 years experience (plus 4 year absence) play about 6-8 hours a week. Not sure about how serious I am, but I want to play as well as I can. 2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...) I've recently change my game to be a little more aggressive, use to be 30% Offense 70% Defense but am about 50/50 now) 3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance? This is 50/50 for me. 4. How much money do you want to spend? I can get good deal through connection so any Yonex that is being sold right now works for me.

#2 Plutoburn, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  3. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Regular Member

#3 Plutoburn, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    sorry, mods please delete this post as well (didn't know it was a dupe thread)

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I think that if the CAB21 has been working well for you, then it might be wise to switch to a more repulsive string (BG66, BG80, NBG95) before switching to a new racket such as the ARC10.

6. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Nah if you can get a good deal on a Yonex then gofor it =)

you sound like as if an ARC10 or NS9000S would be fine for you.

7. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    First of all, It's just an opinion :D:D:D
    1. Arc10, is designed for control player with some smashing. So you do a killing smash when you can push forward, and play control to force your opponent make a clear (which can be used for starting to push). This is what I believe anyway :D:D:D... So opinion may vary.

2. People have difference each other. If you're characteristic suites Arc10's review all over the forum, it doesn't mean you will have to buy this Arc10. Arc10 is just another racket. You could like AT700, AT900T, AT900P, etc. Since this characteristic hasn't yet include Stiff / Med / V Stiff <--- Shaft. The rest is good xD.

3. Both play style you have (70-30 and 50-50) is actually playable using Arc10. Arc10 is a racket which is good in offense and good for defense. So, back to you. I would recommend you to try several yonexes. Like MP99 (Looks like Arc10 but discontinued), MP100, AT700, AT900T, AT900P, NS9000X, NS9000S (Not recommended), etc.

That's all :D:D:D:D Good Luck my friend.