badminton shoes

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by fuju, Jan 28, 2001.

1. fuju

fuju Guest

Hi

I bought some Hi Tec Ladies Adrenaline when I started playing again around a year ago after almost 15 years not playing badminton (and practically no other sport either, pure couch potato!). Until the last couple weeks at my club, I had no major complaints, just my feet seemed to slip around a bit even though the length was right. Then the coach started a hard training regime, and the last couple weeks my feet have been covered in blisters! so I did some reading on the web and figured that the reason was that they are a wider fit, whereas I have narrow feet. So I tried some other shoes at our racket-sports store and finally found some called K-Swiss Viso. They fit perfectly - but now I can't find any reviews to find what comments people have about them. Anybody know these shoes? got any comments?

BTW, it's great to have found this discussion forum - been reading through previous topics for the last hour and found a whole load of useful info. Thanks!

F

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    because everyone foot and pressure point are different, giving review on shoes are quite meaningless, IMO. The few things that we can comment on shoes are quality of construction and material used. Some popular court shoes are from hi-tec, adidas, nike, reebok. Only yonex, i think, make dedicated badminton shoes. Two year ago i wrote to Nike about making a dedicated badminton shoes, no luck, they just pass me to another department. What a shame, i gave nike a million $ idea and they snub me.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That was dumb of them. They wouldn't be making such a loss now. I think you make a better business man than me!

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

cheung, thanks, hehe.

I guess being #2 participated sport in the world and nike apparels are made in indonesia (badminton nut house) weren't enough reasons for nike.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cooler,

i disagree that the <i>only</i> useful info from a review is quality of construction and material used. the width of a pair of shoes is also very useful information. even though not all shoes and feet are made the same, i know for certain that my wide feet won't fit into any narrow shoe, and that's enough info for me to not consider it. or vice versa.

fuju, welcome to this forum!

kwun

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i might have jumped to conclusion too quick. Of course, the more descriptive information on a pair of shoe the better the reader can visualize it. If one could provide an actual width measurement, that is very descriptive and useful data. The point i'm making is that beyond those 2 subjective attributes that i have mentioned, the rest are all even more subjective and would be inaccurate without further detail.

7. fuju

fuju Guest

Thanks kwun!

I agree that the width is useful - these K-Swiss are a narrower fit and are very comfortable even under a lot of strain!
    Does anyone know, if you're a pro, do you have shoes made specially for you by the sponsor? for example, if sponsored by Hi Tec, would they make a narrow Adrenaline shoe just for you? the reason I liked Hi Tec in the first place is they have an excellent grip, so it's a shame to have to change.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    If you can afford it, Mizuno dealer here can arrange to specially made shoes for anyone. Last time, I heard that a local volley ball team had ordered a number of shoes. You can tailor the design of the shoes (e.g. for the team with their own team logo printed on the shoes) - as I've been told, the quality of those specially made shoes will be exactly the same as other retail Mizuno shoes.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cooler,

i agree with you somewhat. descriptions in a review is a rough guide. and that not only apply for shoes, but also for rackets and strings. however, it does give people a good idea what they will be expecting.

kwun

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ok, i'm generous, u can have the last words on this one :p

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

wow, that would be nice, custom shoes. Did you heard that levis now takes order from retail outlets on custom fit jean. I hope this trend carry into sport shoes.

12. May

May Guest

I really don't know much about badminton shoes so u ppl might help me since the tournament is ongoing.