help needed with iso 800 racquet!!!

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by quockie, Jul 18, 2002.

1. quockie

quockie New Member

Hi,

I am in Melbourne, Australia. I have been looking for an ISO 800 tour CN or SP racquet but despite my search to no avail. I feel that the ISO 800 is the racquet for me. I would really appreciate any help on how I can buy the racquet even if it means from other countries. Eargerly waiting!!!

Thanks for any replies :rolleyes:

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Emmy sport (in Hong Kong) has stocks, you can check.

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    There are alot of companies that make similar racquets to the iso 800 you should pm winex west can. Winex has a similar racquet in the SQ800 and um.. they also have the Titanium version of that racquet as well. It isn't identical to the iso 800 but who knows it maybe more suitable for you. I'm also trying to get a hold of the iso 800 to see what the hype is about. Well hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Nick

4. Sidesurfer

Sidesurfer Regular Member

customer
    yes, i saw emmy have it, is a TW version, old logo. 2UG4, around hk$9xx

Ss

5. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    Hi Sidesurfer,

You are right, Emmy Sports has stock on YY Iso 800 Tour. Emmy Sports has both SP and TW versions, whereas SP of new YY logo and TW of old one.

Nevertheless, the price is high, something like HK$9xx, mainly due to scarcity of Iso 800 nowadays.

Personally, I prefer the old logo YY Iso 800 Tour, regardless of either SP, CN or TW versions.

New logo Iso 800 (SP) is lighter and more flexible. I find the solid feel of new logo Iso 800 not as good as the old one.

Besides, new logo Iso 800 is not as durable as the old one. New logo Iso 800 has the problem that under high stringing tenson, even at 23 lbs, the strings will cut into the carbon layers between the grommets. This is the comment from some profound stringers I gathered before.

In my opinion, if one is looking for Iso 800, one should choose old logo, if possible. Besides, MP55 is also a good substitute for Iso 800, though MP55 is a bit head heavy and of box-frame design.

To me, HK$9xx for a badminton racket is a bit exorbitant, instead, I would choose Ti-10 as it cost around HK$700 now. I believe even SP version Ti-10 carbon material is harder than Iso 800's.

I hope my tiny opinion will be of some value to those Iso 800 fans.

YY Fan

6. quockie

quockie New Member

Re: help needed with iso 800 racquet!!!

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your kind and useful responses. Its very helpful and I will sure be checking it out. And thanks for the analysis YY Fan. :) :) :)

quockie