Yonex CAB 8000 or MP 22

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by alphazed1, Dec 3, 2008.

1. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    Hii...
    Apologies if i have sparked another discussion already discussed on racket comparisons... but i could nt find one regarding these 2 specific ones..

This is my 2nd post in the community.. HATS OFF to you guys seriously... i learned soooooo much about the finer things in badminton... kudos....

Ok.. i have to get a racket quick.. i currently have Yonex CS-700.. surprisingly i never heard o this racket before.. i just got it frm the shop when i started my game after a good gap of atleast 7 yrs +... so it may be a duplicate too.. though the string is strung at a gud tension... 20 Lbs as they told me...

Now he gutting is gone.. scraped... i have to get it gutted again.. kindly help on which string to go for... BG 65 or BG 80... i heard BG 65 loses loads of tension in about 2 weeks (arnd 2Lbs) .... shud one pre stretch it before having it strung??... and how about the durability of BG 80.... coz i heard BG 65 has excellent durability... is tht so??... kindly help...

Next... new racket to buy... MP 22 or CAB 8000... 8000 is half the price of MP 22 here... i am kinda confused... u can take me to be an intermediate to advanced player... kindly help pls...

Once again respect to you all moderators and contributors for maintaining such an awesome and infirmative forum..

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

If you want to advance from intermediate to advanced-player, you should be looking more towards the higher-end racquets. If they're not within your budget, you should look at other brands instead, such as Ashaway, Apacs, SOTX, etc..

Before we recommend you anything..
    1) What is your playing style
    2) How often do you play
    3) What game do you play ( singles or doubles ? )
    4) What's your budget
    5) Do you care more about performance or durability.

I haven't heard of a Yonex CS700.. care to show us some pictures ?

3. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hii... irony is the other brands that you mentioned are not available in my city... am from India...

1. am more of a defensive player... major strength being court coverage.. love playing drop shots (slicing.. camouflage) from the back court... but i do smash every now and then whenever i find a gap in the opponent s court...
    2. I play once a week.. but for around 5 -6 Hrs continuous...
    3. I play Singles.. Doubles just doesnt click with me...
    4. Budget is low.. :( .. arnd 2000 INR.. MP 22 is the best deal in tht range..
    5. Performance definitely.. but durability to some extent of course..
    6. I ll click somepics and post them in a day s time.. but i think its a duplicate racket... anyways i ll get them...

Thanks for all the help...

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Perhaps, you can just get the CAB8000 and get it strung at a higher tension, lets say around 24lbs with bg66 or bg80.

After all, we hit the shuttle with the stringbed and not the racquet frame ;).

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I find it quite hard to hit birdie with the racquet frame.... It's so...hard....:p

6. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hahha... gud one mate...so CAB 8000 it is for me then... n BG 80 string... 24Lbs... thnks to you people.. real helpful...