Proton National Grand Prix Final 2008

Discussion in '2008 Tournaments' started by limsy, Dec 4, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh wait...tcs say he didnt qualify...and he go to play korea ic...how on earth he in the list???

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...initialy...I also been told tat lydia didnt qualify...after tat...comfirmed her particiaption...

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wow...tee jing yi manage to qualify...haha...hope she do well after spm...

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    group d will be group of death...but...still...cwf have the edge...ms...it might be hafiz vs cwf/arif...and lcw vs kbh...same old story

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ws semis line up will be...wmc vs lydia...tee jing yi/sonia vs julia...hehe...

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    MD...
    group b...beside lee/chong...chan/chew and ong/goh will fight for number 2...
    i hope for some new blood here IN SEMIS...koo/tan vs ong/goh...lee/chong vs kcc/tbs or lkw/cps(both not in form recently...)...

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    IN wd...goh/ng vs lim/ng...csc/wkw vs ho bee ling/nairul...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i will give a big applause for those can perdict xd semis line up correctly BEFORE the tourney start...all 8 pair have equal chance to beat each other...with koo/ng are flavourite...hehe...

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wong mew choo will not participate in this tournament..
    she's currently having a serious knee injury and needs time to recover..

p/s many top players in the country had skip this tournament:(

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...yes...skipped and didnt qualify...like mas number 1 md...so GENG in hko final...and beEN beaten by junior in both circuit...not enough point to qualify

12. george@chongwei

yeah indeed..the WJC pair of mak/teo also not qualified.
    but no worries, they are on the reserve list as the fuzzy pair too;)
    means either 1 of this 2 pairs will replace our uncles place..;):)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I can guarantee you..

...all the players in that group will come out walking out of the stadium....;)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...i mean...every player in group d can top the group....with cwf and arif is the clearer flavourite...:p

15. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

chong wei going so WMC will be participating. tentatively it has been confirm she will be playing

16. george@chongwei

are u sure they will b going??? how do u know? from what source actually..?
    there's a few news article posted by me and eaglehelang on the forum stated that chong wei will not participate in this national GP final
    p/s, mew choo will not participate too..due to her knee injury, she needs rest untill next year..fyi....unless u got the latest info from your source..

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    faint...LCW WILL GO...FOR SURE...wmc...not sure...but i think yes...

18. george@chongwei

i though he got a slightly injury??
    and decided to skip this tournament to concentrate on the SS Final?
    change mind last minute?

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he already say he will play gp final...few day ago...now...wait...i post a news article here...to make u clear...;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    here george

World No. 1 Chong Wei wants to end year with two more titles

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: One title is as good as his. The other, however, won’t come easy.
    But as far as Malaysia’s world No. 1 men’s singles player Lee Chong Wei is concerned, he will give equal importance to winning both the local and international end-of-season grand finales — the National Grand Prix Finals and the Super Series Masters Finals — respectively.
    The four-day GP Finals will be in Alor Star from Tuesday and the Masters Finals will be in Kota Kinabalu from Dec 18-21.
    The 26-year-old is looking forward to both the tournaments after recovering from a knee injury.
    Chong Wei had withdrawn from last week’s Hong Kong Open due to a strained knee.
    “It is better now but I am still going for rehabilitation. There is nothing to be worried about. I am ready to compete in the two tournaments,” he said.
    Chong Wei wants to go into the history books as the first Malaysian men’s singles player to win the most number of national titles by nailing his seventh in a row.
    His coach and mentor Misbun Sidek is the only other Malaysian to have won it six times.
    Despite being in a league of his own in the local scene, Chong Wei is not taking his chances lightly.
    “I may be unbeaten in the local scene since winning my first GP Finals (in 2002) but I will not underestimate anyone in Alor Star,” said Chong Wei.
    Realistically, only two seniors — Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong — and two back-up shuttlers — Chong Wei Feng and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif — can be counted on to trouble Chong Wei, who is hoping to see the juniors rise to the occasion.
    “I have seen the youngsters in action but they must learn to be more focused on their tasks at hand,” he said.
    As for the Masters Finals, Chong Wei has set himself a target of reaching the final in the inaugural event.
    He admitted that the Masters Finals would be much tougher, with China’s Lin Dan being one of the main challengers.
    Despite taking a three-month break, Lin Dan came back with guns blazing to win the China Open and finish as runner-up in the Hong Kong Open over the last two weeks.
    “Yes, Lin Dan will be one of the challengers. But all the others will also have an equal chance to challenge for the title. After all, they are the top eight players who have been consistent this year,” said Chong Wei.
    A draw on Dec 16 in Kota Kinabalu will see the eight qualifiers being divided into two groups. The top two in each group will play in the crossover semi-finals.
    “I may meet Lin Dan in the group stage. It does not matter. My goal is to try and reach the final,” he added.
    Besides Chong Wei and Lin Dan, the other men’s singles qualifiers for the Masters Finals are China’s Chen Jin, Indonesians Taufik Hidayat and Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Danes Peter Gade-Christensen and Joachim Persson and Hong Kong’s Chan Yan Kit.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/6/sports/2736923&sec=sports