Old RSL Shuttlecocks

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by furry8, Jul 19, 2002.

1. furry8

furry8 New Member

Hi,

I've got a full (mostly unused) tube of RSL No.1 Tourney shuttles which date from around 1959. (Also have some wooden rackets from the same era.) Anyone have any ideas on whether they are worth hanging on to/suggestions on value or museums that might like them?

Thanks.

Al

2. AKFT

AKFT Regular Member

Are they in the dark green and black tubes with the nice caps (vs white plastic) at the ends?

:)

3. furry8

furry8 New Member

Old RL Shuttlecocks

Yes, the tubes are green and black with matching caps with the words " R.S.L. shuttlecocks were officially adopted for use in Thomas Cup matches in 1949, 1952, 1955 and 1958." at one end. At the other end is a list of championships they have been adopted for use in.

4. Californian

Californian Regular Member

I still have some wooden racket presses I can throw in with that.:eek:

Maybe someday, somebody will make a movie about Dave Freeman and they will need those for props.:cool:

5. FreemanGrandson

FreemanGrandson New Member

My name is Rees Gould, and this is my first day viewing this forum.. I have to say I am happy to have found it.
    I am the grandson of David Freeman. I did a search under his name, and I am thankful to all of the kind words expressed in regards to his play and legacy.
    Speaking of props.. Our family still has the majority of his trophies and rackets. We also have given several items to the local hall of champions. I would actually be appreciative, if someone could let me know where the appropriate location is for displaying some of these items
    Thank you again,
    Rees