Teik Chai and Bin Shen quit national team again

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 4, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Teik Chai and Bin Shen quit national team again

KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles shuttlers Gan Teik Chai and Tan Bin Shen have quit the national team for the second time — and this time they are sticking to their decisions, or so they say.
    Teik Chai and Bin Shen quit the team, under the charge of Rexy Mainaky, saying they wanted to try their luck as independent players.
    Earlier this year, Teik Chai and Bin Shen quit the national team before having a change of heart.
    Rexy said he could not stop the players from leaving if they had made up their minds.
    “Both felt that it was time to leave and compete in international tournaments on their own. They have found sponsors to fund them. We accept their decisions,” said Rexy.
    Lin Woon Fui and Khoo Chung Chiat, who are the partners of Teik Chai and Bin Shen, will remain with the national team.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/12/5/sports/2724972&sec=sports

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    surprised me...

well..from wat i know...gan,tan and someone will leave bam within 1 years...this is faster than i know...:eek:

i dont know how others nation fans feel...will they sick with mas flag in international tourney of md???...included lee/chong,chan/chew,hong/ng...this will be the 4th pair play for themself...:rolleyes:

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

We should be think positive of it.
    Badminton should be started as professional sport like tennis (in tennis also have dual conditions, Association players and full professional players).
    As pro player has decision of training, coaching, playing in the tournaments, funding are taken by themselves.

Also it will be more interesting if we see alot of pro pair from different nations, example Choong Tan Fook/Zhang Jiewen or Tan Bing Shen/Luluk Hadiyanto

#3 Sandy, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i glad to hear this...:D...hope others bcer also think like this...:rolleyes:

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's a good 'nothing-to-lose' decision.
    They are going nowhere in BAM with limited opportunities.
    On their own, they may have more freedom to decide where to compete and that's what they want.
    All the best to them.

6. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    I agree... all the best to them!

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    We may see Zhang Jiwen play mixed double with CTF....

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    CTF might not want to play with her in Mixed D.

I didnt expect the news to be out in regards to the players quitting. They did mention to me before i left Malaysia. However they will still be able to spar with the BAM players.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

My bro, i think you meant stick not sick. Hmmm, does this mean TBS & Gan TC will partner each other?:confused: We shall see, since The Star is only press(eng & malay) that carry this news today.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nope...i mean...others fans will say...look...mAS flag again in md draw...;)

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I thought they are playing mixed now or all along...hehehe!!!:D:p

12. bramyes

bramyes Regular Member

salesman
    they do not compare well known in the KKK/TBH . Add the world's super series. how the rangking wbf
    whether they are junior players​

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...if they are well know...then...they no need to quite bam alre

14. kimir

kimir Regular Member

maybe it will be a blessing in disguise... all the best to them

15. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Courtesy of the STAR

Saturday May 14, 2011

Gan gets no answer from BAM on being dropped from world meet

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Gan Teik Chai went to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) office yesterday to seek an answer. But all he got was a cold shoulder and still no clarification why he and partner Tan Bin Shen were dropped from the world championships in London from Aug 8-14.
    “There was no official to explain why the decision was taken. Instead, I was given a letter saying our services were not required,” said a dejected Teik Chai. “They didn’t even have the courtesy to tell us why we were dropped. We only found out the decision through the media.”
    Teik Chai and Bin Shen, who are sponsored by Apacs and KLRC, are currently ranked 16, making them eligible to join Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong in the championships. Instead, the BAM sidestepped them and named Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Hoon Thien How to play in London.
    Teik Chai said that he was disappointed with the way BAM handled the matter.
    “I am really hurt. They do not even respect us, the players,” said Teik Chai.
    “I want to know why we were dropped. They say it was done in the best interests of the nation. But what does that mean?
    “They named (Wong) Choong Hann for the world meet. I am not against him but he is 34 years old and on the verge of retiring. Why did the BAM not name a younger player to replace him? There is a double standard here.
    There is something wrong with their system. If the BAM really wanted their players to qualify, then they should have put in a more concerted effort and proper planning to help them qualify. Why take our place? We have worked very hard to win this ticket. It is not easy to train as independent players. We also need to find our own sponsors to fund all our trips.
    “The BAM are not being fair to us. I am going to fight for my rights. They cannot just take our place like this,” added Teik Chai.
    Teik Chai, however, conceded that the BAM have the final say on the participation of the local players in all Badminton World Federation (BWF) sanctioned tournaments.
    “There must be proper communication. Tell us what is happening and there must be some form of compensation for omitting us from the world championships,” said Teik Chai.
    Hats off to Gan Teck Chai for making his stand.
    BAM’s new management talked about Key Performance Index when they took over but their selection of the two doubles pairs for the 2011 World Championships is anything but an indication of that commitment. GTC/TBS’s ranking was not made by anybody but by the BWF and it is based on their performance. GTC/TBS’s 16th ranking is definitely better than MZAL/HTH’s 27th ranking and yet they were not selected. Where is the merit?
    GTC/TBS can definitely find greener pastures elsewhere as BAM indicated their services were not required.
    Shame on the selectors who do not walk their talk. It is no wonder that Malaysian badminton players are a frustrated lot.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::cool::confused::confused::confused:

#15 skchen, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Of all pairs (besides the Mak/Tan pair), why Zakry/HTH to replace them? =_=

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Maybe the BAM is afraid that the Sports Minister might ask them to write a report why Zakry/hoon

were not included as they have been so loyal and gave good service. This time BAM learns by taking the initiative

and pro-actively out-think the politicians before they are summoned again.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Felt sad for this pair...:rolleyes:

19. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    do you think because of their consistency?

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Where is the merit?

I bet BAM have forgotten about their Key Performance Index system that they said they would use (to select players for tournaments).

This is embarrassing to all of us, players and fans. :eek::eek::eek: